WL Novices (the "This could get very messy..." thread)

Comments

• Chavez76
    2192 posts Fans' Favourite
    limjitwe wrote: »
    Chavez76 wrote: »
    Congrats @Mako_Sulu

I’m out of this WL this week. My first kid came into this world on Friday o:)

Good luck guys!

bad reason not to play! :)

Congrats!!!!

@Chavez76 lol I know right. Wanted to bring my PS4 to the hospital. B) But decided I didn’t want to be rude to the wifey. Else I really would get banned from the game permanently... lol

mweh.. some kind of logic in there I guess, about not being rude to the wife :)

I'll try to honor your firstborn with a new record finish! currently at 13-5, last 2 weeks ended in G2. Focus on G1 this week!
  • limjitwe
    6297 posts Big Money Move
    Congrats @Mako_Sulu

Good luck guys!

Congrats!!!!

@Chavez76 lol I know right. Wanted to bring my PS4 to the hospital. B) But decided I didn’t want to be rude to the wifey. Else I really would get banned from the game permanently... lol

I'll try to honor your firstborn with a new record finish! currently at 13-5, last 2 weeks ended in G2. Focus on G1 this week!

Go for it bro!! Looks strongly within reach!
  • Mako_Sulu
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Congrats @Mako_Sulu

Good luck guys!

Well that is a far bigger achievement, congratulations!

• limjitwe
    Mako_Sulu wrote: »
    Congrats @Mako_Sulu

Good luck guys!

Well that is a far bigger achievement, congratulations!

Thanks @Mako_Sulu

How is it so far?
  • Racingeye1
    126 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Congrats @Mako_Sulu

Good luck guys!

Well that's better than any top 100 finish man
    Congrats mate☺
  • limjitwe
    Racingeye1 wrote: »
    Congrats @Mako_Sulu

Good luck guys!

Well that's better than any top 100 finish man
    Congrats mate☺

Thanks @Racingeye1

IKR!!
  • aladdin
    708 posts An Exciting Prospect

Good luck guys!

yes mate! congrats
  • BGAlum
    810 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 3
    Congrats @Mako_Sulu

Good luck guys!

Congrats... would recommend hanging up your controllers for the next 5 to 10 years if you want a healthy marriage though.

And who knows... maybe by then there will be a truly decent football game to play.
  • lastfifa
    1560 posts Play-Off Hero
    Congrats @Mako_Sulu

Good luck guys!

Congrats!

• lastfifa
    1560 posts Play-Off Hero
    My wl after month break wen't like all previous... 15-10 and i think that is enough. Don't like gold 2 packs and don't realy care about player picks.
  • Chavez76
    Congrats @Mako_Sulu

Good luck guys!

Congrats!!!!

bottled it again, as per usual on the Sunday :( Still 5 games to play, need one more win for G2 I think. Will be played tonight when I get back home
  • limjitwe
    @aladdin @lastfifa @BGAlum

Thanks guys.

@BGAlum it will be better for sure :)
  • EricVanDerek
    641 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Many, many congrats @limjitwe and lady limjitwe.
    A far more joyful, permanent and important achievement than even Elite 1
    Wishing you all half-decent sleep for the next couple of years...
  • VTMaldini
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Congrats @Mako_Sulu for your G1 finish and @limjitwe for your major life achievement!

This week i had a pretty good start (5-3), lost 4 in a row (including a game which my opponent scored, took the lead, and the game froze as he celebrated. The match result treated that as if I quit the match...), then bounced back with a 8 games winning streak and got to G3 with 8 games remaining (14-8) ! This means I can get G2 if I win 3 out of 8, and even better, G1 if I win 6 out of 8. Ok, let's go!!

Game 23: Won! 2 more wins for G2!
    Game 24: Lost 0-1 to a team with 7 icons and a bronze bench....
    Game 25: Lost in penalty shootout...
    Game 26: Lost 0-2. My striker turned a tab-in right in front of the goal (around the 1 yard line) to a shot that hit the cross bar....
    Game 27: Lost 0-1. At the 90th minute my striker was unmarked at the 2-3 yard line and his wide open header hit the cross bar /post....

At this point I felt like EA was messing with me and I might just end up with another G3 finish....

Game 28: Led by 3-1 around the 30th minute. Opponent rage quit.
    Game 29: Scored a header at the 7th minute and grabbed a 1-0 lead. Opponent quit game. Not sure whether that's a rage quit or he's giving away wins in the community for charity.

Very glad I got a break this week and made G2, but it's definitely a long and frustrating journey...

Goal for the upcoming weeks is to save enough coin to upgrade my prime Baggio to moments and add moments Cannavaro to my team. Hope their SBCs will continue to drop in price.
  • limjitwe
    @EricVanDerek @VTMaldini thanks for your heartiest well wishes!! Not touched Fifa for a few days bar one day when I sneaked home to play 2 games of DR. Won 5-1 and I RQ another game cause I don’t have time for BS by my opponent who AI was helping a lot. (Though opponent wasn’t a bad player)

Now going into sort of a trading mode and checking the forums here
  • Chavez76
    edited March 4
    Congrats @Mako_Sulu

Good luck guys!

Congrats!!!!

bottled it again, as per usual on the Sunday :( Still 5 games to play, need one more win for G2 I think. Will be played tonight when I get back home

to quote myself, bottled it . Needed 2 more wins from 5 when I got home (thought just the 1) and of course I only won 1 .. played terrible Fifa myself, good opponents and the Gods where not on my side these matches :(
    Got angry and sold all my top players (88 Best, 90 Stoi, KdB, 92 De Ligt, 88 Keane) and now building a new team.
    Bought Neymar, Mbape, Kante, Pogba and filling the defense with untradables (FB Luis, Filippe Luis, EL Alsonso, have 85 VvD laying around, and an 85 Fabinho that I will sub off for FB Ibra)

Now, I have a little over 2 million coins for a CAM, and I dont know who to get. When I started playing, all I wanted was to play with any version of Cruyff which is now within reach, but I can also play for instance with base Eusebio or myabe even a optimus prime card?

Any advice / ideas on this last spot in the team?

#edit: just noticed that Eusebio base close to 3 million.. scratch that :)
  • raul7kiev
    331 posts Sunday League Hero
    @limjitwe
    Congratulations and best wishes to all your familly!
  • raul7kiev
    331 posts Sunday League Hero
    After one week pause this WL was totally bad.
    I sold with tears my first ever packed icon R9-90 who was garbage for me ((
    Bought 92 Vinivius and TOTY Modric and after start 10-4 I finished only G3.... it was unplayeble ping-pong game in sunday-evening.

I feel regret.
    This year I started playing WL and finished the final line-up too early (I just had to replace Figo 90 with his moment 93- version to complete it all). And it is only march... maybe it is time to learn how to play better but my connection to servers almost eliminates the use of special dribbling...
    Сan somebody give me any tips?!

• EricVanDerek
    A dull weekend compared to everyone else - a quick thrash to S3 and no new children born...
  • Crazymundo
    94 posts Park Captain
    @limjitwe congrats on the new arrival.....looks liked you’ve packed a real ‘baby’ icon.....

@Mako_Sulu congrats on the G1....next stop elite level....

Another G3 finish for me.....different week same result. Team seems to be stuck in a rut.....need a spark.....

Got 750k burning a hole in my pocket so watch this space for a marquee signing this week.

Congrats to all the novice overachievers.....

• limjitwe
    @Crazymundo thanks bro. Yeah considering what I’ve spent. I’ve not packed any icons. Guess I’ve to be satisfied with my “baby moment icon” B)
  • EricVanDerek
    Crazymundo wrote: »
    .....looks liked you’ve packed a real ‘baby’ icon.....

That's so corny, I don't know whether to laugh or cry ... :D :'(
  • leon1309
    3863 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 4
    @Crazymundo thanks bro. Yeah considering what I’ve spent. I’ve not packed any icons. Guess I’ve to be satisfied with my “baby moment icon” B)

My tip: delete FIFA and focus and wife and baby. Hope the baby Will sleep well in coming months.

...and congrats btw!
  • MortiferVaughan
    194 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    First of all a massive congratulations to @limjitwe. That's a hell of a life achievement!
    I thought I was being all adult this past weekend when my partner and I got our first mortgage approved, but that's a different level :)

So with limited time this WL managed G2 again. Pretty disappointed I haven't been able to top that. Started brilliantly but then hit a slump. POTM Rashford upfront with Ibra is so good though, and I got the 85 Tarkowski in a daily SBC and he was brilliant alongside IF Bailly. Was just like playing with VVD, so highly recommend him.

Any of you guys needing to do the weekly Futswap objective? If so I'm only ATM and would like to get it done :)
  • iRusty_yo
    3724 posts National Call-Up
    Well lads, weekend league is upon us!

Wife is away for the weekend and exam has been done and I’ve got some weekend “time” now and as such I have qualified for this weeks run.

Haven’t played much this week or last week so I’m expecting below par results, had couple of sessions with @EricVanDerek for the weekly challenge so I’m mentally ready.

Congratulations @limjitwe just seen your massive achievement! +1

• limjitwe
    Crazymundo wrote: »
    .....looks liked you’ve packed a real ‘baby’ icon.....

That's so corny, I don't know whether to laugh or cry ... :D :'(

Laugh! Haha

@leon1309 Thanks. I’ve a nanny to help. It helps so much. I can start my WL again :)

@MortiferVaughan congrats too. I was married and bought my first home for 2 years before the baby came. :) are you on PS4?

@iRusty_yo thanks bro

I’ll be going for the WL this time. G3 hopefully. Not played a lot in the last week
  • Mako_Sulu
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Good luck guys.

No WL for me, my housemate usually goes home at weekends but not this time and game is just unplayable when he is home, I don't know what his computer does to our internet connection.
  • aladdin
    708 posts An Exciting Prospect
    horrible weekend league for me so far. played 20 won 10 :D keep matched against crazy teams which doesn’t help
  • limjitwe
    Was at 17-6 hitting Gold 2 comfortably.

Decided since I had wifey approval to play on and I was in the mood, decided to try for gold 1.

I lost 4 in a row. The usual BS HAPPENS.

My passes were always intercepted
    The opponent AI would always slide to intercept or stick a leg out.
    My opponents could also nudge me from behind to get the ball.
    My defenders cannot intercept anything
    Opponents passing and running so smoothly
    My Gk Kasper can’t save almost anything

Last 2 games. Hopefully I can do it.
  • VTMaldini
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I started this week's WL on Sat, had a great start and won 7 out of the first 10 games. Kept playing until I lost 3 in a row and decided to end the day there with a 8-7 record.

Then on Sunday I started the day with a 4 games winning streak to improve my record to 12-7!! At this point, I felt like a G2 finish should be doable, and I had a good shot at G1.

Guess what is my WL record this week?
    14-15......
    And I didn't get my 14th win until extra time in game 29. WTF!!! So sick of all these BS