WL Novices (the "This could get very messy..." thread)

Comments

• Crazymundo
    96 posts Park Captain
    Ladies and gentleman.....raise your glasses as we toast @EricVanDerek.

A perfect example of living the FIFA dream. A man who started at the bottom but through sheer hard work and determination has proved the doubters wrong. A true rags to riches story. Look forward to Hollywood blockbuster that will surely follow.

My WL was a mixed bag. Started of very slowly trying to adapt to new patch. Sitting on P22 W8 L14 on Saturday but a run of 7 wins in a row took me to G3. Feel the new patch is an improvement. Lucky if I conceded 5 finesse goals all weekend. The passing feels like it’s been tweaked. My passing was usually around 90% but am now struggling to get 80%. Not complaining as this stops all the ping pong passers out there.

@iRusty_yo
    @MortiferVaughan
    Superb results guys. Please don’t get to good ......I don’t want to be left on this thread all by myself.

And to the rest of the overachievers.....keep up the good work
  • VTMaldini
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Congratulations guys to your strong finishes!!

So I need to win 2 out of 3 games to get G3. Let's see...

Game 28: Scored early in the game around the 10th minute and had a good chance to extend my lead to two goals, but my shot from 10 yard hit the post. Despite dominating the game with 62% possession, I only end the half with one goal lead.

Early in the second half I hit the post again, then the momentum completely changed afterward and I couldn't even hold the ball. Eventually my opponent scored an outside the box finesse to even things out...absolutely hate this!!

In overtime I managed to score twice in the first half, but in the second half my guys were out of control again and my opponent scored twice with his loan icon, including a goal at the 120th minute. WTF!! During the penalty shoot out I could only score three times in five rounds, but surprisingly that was enough to win the game.

Mentally exhausted afterward. Ok, one more win to go.

Game 29: Got a good 3-0 lead after only 36 minutes of game time. Prayed that my opponent would rage quit, which he didn't, and things started to go downhill again. Mrs. wanted to chat during the game, wanted to show me pictures on her phone, stood between me and the tv screen for couple seconds, turned off the light as she headed out the living room, etc...Come on! How come the ladies can never understand we need 100% concentration when playing games online!!??

As I battled these external factors, my opponent scored in the 39th minute and again at the 63th minute to close the gap to 3-2...Before things got out of hand and drove myself crazy I finally regained some quite time to focus on the game. I found the net again at the 67th minute to stop the bleeding and added another one late in the game to put the game to rest at 5-2.

Similar to previous weeks, got G3 at the end but needed to play almost all 30 games...Hope EA will permanently extend every WL by a day. To me, somehow the closer it gets to the WL expire time, the better my odds in winning a game.
  • limjitwe
    6780 posts Big Money Move
    VTMaldini wrote: »
    Congratulations guys to your strong finishes!!

So I need to win 2 out of 3 games to get G3. Let's see...

Game 28: Scored early in the game around the 10th minute and had a good chance to extend my lead to two goals, but my shot from 10 yard hit the post. Despite dominating the game with 62% possession, I only end the half with one goal lead.

Early in the second half I hit the post again, then the momentum completely changed afterward and I couldn't even hold the ball. Eventually my opponent scored an outside the box finesse to even things out...absolutely hate this!!

In overtime I managed to score twice in the first half, but in the second half my guys were out of control again and my opponent scored twice with his loan icon, including a goal at the 120th minute. WTF!! During the penalty shoot out I could only score three times in five rounds, but surprisingly that was enough to win the game.

Mentally exhausted afterward. Ok, one more win to go.

Game 29: Got a good 3-0 lead after only 36 minutes of game time. Prayed that my opponent would rage quit, which he didn't, and things started to go downhill again. Mrs. wanted to chat during the game, wanted to show me pictures on her phone, stood between me and the tv screen for couple seconds, turned off the light as she headed out the living room, etc...Come on! How come the ladies can never understand we need 100% concentration when playing games online!!??

As I battled these external factors, my opponent scored in the 39th minute and again at the 63th minute to close the gap to 3-2...Before things got out of hand and drove myself crazy I finally regained some quite time to focus on the game. I found the net again at the 67th minute to stop the bleeding and added another one late in the game to put the game to rest at 5-2.

Similar to previous weeks, got G3 at the end but needed to play almost all 30 games...Hope EA will permanently extend every WL by a day. To me, somehow the closer it gets to the WL expire time, the better my odds in winning a game.

Love it when the missus want some “time” especially when we are playing!! Lol. Congrats @VTMaldini for holding your nerve
  • There's been a lot of discussion recently about the latest patch, which seems very Marmite (you either love it or hate it). It's great that EA are making changes - although shocking that they still need to make such significant changes 4 months into the game (with undoubtedly far more significant gameplay changes still required)

But this "shifting game mechanic" when you're ahead (or are facing a kick-off or it's the last minute) is by far the worst aspect of this game, and it amazes me that EA thinks this game is eSports ready.

I (or my opponent) am being penalised for being good?

And it's not just imaginary and in my head, my players definitely start playing worse at this point.

(yes, I need to get better at managing these situations, but that's not the point - I rarely see Kevin De Bruyne lose the ability to pass straight when City have gone 2 up IRL....)

(note how I haven't mentioned the fact that I believe my players also often play worse when facing a lower rated team...)

Rant over.
    Thank you...
  • Well - that was a very silly thing of me to say...
    Very next game, I dominated the opponent right from the start. I struggled to break down his massed, AI inspired defence, but he only had one long range shot.

Until I scored on about 60 minutes, when he came straight at me from kick-off, his Auba somehow rode a crunching tackle from Rijkaard, got a lucky deflection and my DDG just flapped a hand at the shot. (see clip below)
    He disconnected shortly after - I assume realising it that was as good as it was going to get...

Come on, EA - this is ridiculous...

• skinnyn4
    47 posts Park Captain
    Best WL result this year. G2.
    Saturday 9-1
    Sunday 2-7
    Monday 6-3.

Weird how terrible I was/it felt on sunday.
  • raul7kiev
    343 posts Sunday League Hero
    Congratulations to everyone! Great after-patch week for many of us!
    Personal congratulations for EricVanDerek!

Finished my WL 17-13 and G2 in last game.
    Hard week: good start 6-2 in Friday (but ok against 7- BPL teams that costs less then my Makelele). And each team has Valencia and D.Sanchez - it is a joke.
    Late night friday was terrible - 2-5 against all coloured teams and slow gameplay.
    Sunday evening 4-1 very fast gameplay and my team helps me against good players.
    Monday... 5-5 and it was hard. Only 3 cheap teams and 2 disconects with no win-lose for both against this cheap teams when I was ready take 2 wins.
    So 9 solid-teams in 10 matches, 3 penalty lotterey (2-1), a lot of 45 and 90 minutes goals, a lot of kick-off goals and few pre-patched moments against me: finess from 160 angle from Vardy, timed 35m screemer from Gatusso (65 long shots), and 3 rebound-goals from Sheva in one half.

PS: any suggestions for LM|LW who will be great LCAM?
    I want to change my untrade CL Martial (717 games in club) but he is better then Hazard, loan 92-Vinicius, loan TOTY Neymar. I understand that something wrong with me or I need time to taste this expensive cards but.... no they dont feels for there coins. I'm more and more inclined to buy CR7 and use him with 6 chem at this position and not replace my NIF KDB.

• iRusty_yo
    3925 posts National Call-Up
    R1fmmxZ.jpg

Pretty happy with King
  • MortiferVaughan
    206 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    iRusty_yo wrote: »
    R1fmmxZ.jpg

Pretty happy with King

Nice!

G2 finish. I got Kagawa (of course) and Donnarumma. Kagawa actually popped up twice, but he was the highest on my first pick so can go to a SBC.

I wonder if Donna is good enough for me to sell DDG. He'd be on 10 chem because I use Baresi.

The rest of the packs were absolutely trash. Wass was the highest. Took coins for my Rival rewards. Would have taken untradables if my Champs got me more higher selling players
  • iRusty_yo
    R1fmmxZ.jpg

Pretty happy with King

Nice!

G2 finish. I got Kagawa (of course) and Donnarumma. Kagawa actually popped up twice, but he was the highest on my first pick so can go to a SBC.

I wonder if Donna is good enough for me to sell DDG. He'd be on 10 chem because I use Baresi.

The rest of the packs were absolutely trash. Wass was the highest. Took coins for my Rival rewards. Would have taken untradables if my Champs got me more higher selling players

My 100k packs did not have anything, mind boggling how people spend £20 a pop on those things. I rinsed all of the cards through player pick sbc and got Azpi & Buffon which is nice.

Also took coins from DR, building my war chest for tots
  • MortiferVaughan
    R1fmmxZ.jpg

Pretty happy with King

Nice!

My 100k packs did not have anything, mind boggling how people spend £20 a pop on those things. I rinsed all of the cards through player pick sbc and got Azpi & Buffon which is nice.

Also took coins from DR, building my war chest for tots

Yeah, I don't get it either. The game cost me £20 and even getting it for cheap, that's all I'll ever spend on it. Imagine paying at tens or even hundreds, as some people do, just for the slim chance you get to play with a certain player for the limited time the game's worth playing.

I don't blame everyone though. It's like an addiction, and they should really do away for FP. I'm glad I actually bought the game on a different region than I play, so even if I was ever curious in buying, I wouldn't he able to anyway.
  • limjitwe
    R1fmmxZ.jpg

Pretty happy with King

Wow congrats!!! That’s a very nice pull

As mentioned in some threads. I knew I’ll get Orban and immediately after that, I said I’ll get Kagawa. True enough he popped up!
  • Mako_Sulu
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    R1fmmxZ.jpg

Pretty happy with King

Nice!

I've been using one of the 84 IF Donnaruma (also linked to Baresi) and he's been pretty solid. Think the height is useful for all the crosses.

• @iRusty_yo - great to see your best ever finish was properly rewarded. Congrats (you jammy bar steward...)

I took Brandt and Finnbogason
    Of course I got Kagawa in my picks (I think it's a contractual requirement for this game...), but I'd just got a TOTW Kagawa from the Player Pick SBCs, and there's only so many Kagawa's one can have in a club ... (about 37 at the last count...)

That Kagawa was the first over 83 rated player I'd got in about 15 of the SBCs - I only did it to use some of the duplicate untradeables I'd got from Rivals.

Given my free Ultimate pack didn't get me above an 83, it made me realise how crazy it is to spend FP. I did buy a few last year, but thankfully saw the light...

Good luck for everyone else - particularly those who hit new heights this weekend: may your picks make it worthwhile...
  • Skoda
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I got 84 chilwell was happy with that best and most useful I had so far
  • aladdin
    897 posts Semi-Pro
    kagawa was one of my picks as well. haha
  • MortiferVaughan
    Mako_Sulu wrote: »
    R1fmmxZ.jpg

Pretty happy with King

Nice!

I've been using one of the 84 IF Donnaruma (also linked to Baresi) and he's been pretty solid. Think the height is useful for all the crosses.

Thanks for that, yeah I think I'll keep and see when I can get the most for De Gea. With those coins i should be able to complete Rijkaard.
    Guessings always the best keep for high rated keepers
  • Racingeye1
    126 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    well in my 4 WL i finished S2 this week i finished SILVER 1:) no more 84 only picks

i got 82 de Jong 84 King 86 Fabregas

i run a sort of prem team so i chose.....fabregas :neutral: he was 86!!!!
    im a prat
  • raul7kiev
    edited February 7
    After nothing from 25 of october and tons of packs
    [img][/img]HX0RpxB.jpg
  • raul7kiev
    And I feel it is the only one topic where nobody wants kill me If I said that yersterday I packed my first ever Icon[img][/img]hC5kETf.jpg
  • limjitwe
    @raul7kiev

Wow that’s amazing. I’m in envy and awe! Haha
  • aladdin
    897 posts Semi-Pro
    you packed proper ronaldo and then cristiano in consecutive days?! that is absolutely insane
  • raul7kiev
    aladdin wrote: »
    you packed proper ronaldo and then cristiano in consecutive days?! that is absolutely insane

Yes, after my post here February 5, 2019 5:28PM I bought NIF CR7, play with him for 8 games, yesterday opened few saved packs and after El Clasico I packed Ronaldo 90 and today morning - red Cristiano for WL Gold 2.
    From 250 packs from November was nothing more then 55k for David Silva.
  • raul7kiev wrote: »
    And I feel it is the only one topic where nobody wants kill me If I said that yersterday I packed my first ever Icon

Kill you? No.
    Cover you in jam and tie you up in a wasps' nest? Maybe... :)

Many congratulations sir - that is fantastic

(there's hope for the rest of us, unless of course @raul7kiev has selfishlessly used up all the luck this thread will ever get on himself....)
  • VTMaldini
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    @raul7kiev you should go buy a lottery in real life!
  • Mako_Sulu
    Hopefully your luck showers down on the rest of us in this group! I've been plugging through various league SBCs over the last few days, just doing all the cheap teams. No real good pulls, a discard MOTM the best.
  • iRusty_yo
    Good luck to any one smashing WL tomorrow
  • lastfifa
    1651 posts Play-Off Hero
    Played very good game against @Mako_Sulu in novice cup. Had some luck and won 2-1.

• MortiferVaughan
    Played two, one win one loss, and it feels like my players are in quicksand. Everything is incredibly unresponsive.
    Anyone else having trouble?
  • Mako_Sulu
    lastfifa wrote: »
    Played very good game against @Mako_Sulu in novice cup. Had some luck and won 2-1.

Was a good game.

Good luck to everyone playing this weekend. No WL for a while for me, didn't play last weekend, visiting parents this weekend and snowboarding in Kazachstan next weekend.

Really annoyed Lacazette didn't get POTM, debating trying to do the Rashford SBC but seems quite expensive. Hoarding quite a few high rated players in the hope of an SBC to put them in but not sure what I want...Ronaldinho might be the one when he comes but when that will happen is anyone's guess and I probably need another icon before then.