WL Novices (the "This could get very messy..." thread)

Comments

• limjitwe
    6102 posts Big Money Move
    Just signed up yesterday for the WL yesterday. Wonder how many games will I take to hit 11-14 wins. If DR is anything to go by, there would be a lot of deep defending for me to break down and I’ll need 101% concentration to defend against country attacks.
  • iRusty_yo
    3332 posts National Call-Up
    limjitwe wrote: »
    Just signed up yesterday for the WL yesterday. Wonder how many games will I take to hit 11-14 wins. If DR is anything to go by, there would be a lot of deep defending for me to break down and I’ll need 101% concentration to defend against country attacks.

Take regular breaks and make sure to see each game out, even if you lose that’s 400 DR points :)
  • limjitwe
    iRusty_yo wrote: »

Take regular breaks and make sure to see each game out, even if you lose that’s 400 DR points :)

Thanks bro! Noted. Although I very very very rarely quit games halfway unless I’m totally thumped with me having zero shots off. B)

Note: Sadly my best ever finish last week was met with one of the most boring TOTW ever.
  • iRusty_yo

Thanks bro! Noted. Although I very very very rarely quit games halfway unless I’m totally thumped with me having zero shots off. B)

Note: Sadly my best ever finish last week was met with one of the most boring TOTW ever.

Haha yeah, shocking TOTW. My untradeable OTW Cancelo got upped, so ain’t that disappointing
  • Crazymundo
    91 posts Park Captain
    Have just completed the last tie of the Novices Champions Cup. Unfortunately my dreams of glory have been crushed at the first stage.

Crazymundo 0 - 3 Lastfifa

What was a close game up to 60 mins i unfortunately succumbed to the insane pressure machine that was lastfifa. The score line was a fair reflection on the game. If anything the winning margin could’ve been greater.

Well done winners.

The semi final draw is......

@Mako_Sulu v @lastfifa

@iRusty_yo v. @Wz000

Ties to be completed by 10/02/19 @6pm.
  • Crazymundo
    91 posts Park Captain
    Again another WL is upon us. As half the planet is suffering Arctic temperatures....all the more reason to stay snuggled up indoors, onesies on, log fire burning and enjoy some FIFA bliss.....

New patch out now and personally feel this has had a big impact. Results this week could be interesting. I’ve never used timed finishing (don’t know how to) or relied on AI defending (prefer to make my own mistakes) I think the game since the patch release has a different feel to it. It feels like I’m now encountering overcrowded penalty boxes and passing seems more inaccurate. Opponents crossing has become more prevalent and players seem to be scurrying around the perimeter of the penalty box at the Finesse Shot hotspots unable to utilise what previously had been an area that had brought them a bountiful amount of goals. I felt the game was becoming too arcade like so hopefully this patch will fix that.

Team wise.....no major changes. Used the FS Vinicius Junior loan card and he was phenomenal.....unfortunately so is his price. I’ll see how I get on this weekend and decided after it if immediate alterations are required.

Again novices.....keep it up......and stay warm.

• Mako_Sulu
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Good luck all, hopefully the new patch will see a bunch moving up the rankings.

Have guests over this weekend so no WL stress for me, cue the best TOTW ever incoming!
  • Racingeye1
    125 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    not been a fun start for me, P5 W1
    i think this new patch is more stress inducing than before, good no timed finished but passing is terrible, fouls dont exist unless i breathe on someone wrong then its a yellow card
    ptb and constant pressure is nearly impossible to break down
    i was optimistic at improving from my silver 2 but the way its started it may be a struggle to even get there
  • MortiferVaughan
    194 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I cancelled work because of the snow so got some games in early to help free up some stuff for the weekend. Decent start. 6 wins 3 losses.
    Definitely prefer it post patch, the games I lost were simply the player was much better than me. Enjoyed the games more too, scored at least 3 each game and even got 6 a few times
  • limjitwe
    Ok start of my WL post patch. Woke up really early before sun rise and started logging in. Surprise!! I was finding 4 green bar connections easily. Connection seems smooth. Normally it takes me 5-6 tries after getting a 4 green bar game.

Played 11 games. I’m up 7-4. Raul has been doing the business for me with 3 hat tricks. Lewandowski scores his 50th goal for the club with quite a number of assists. I found out that Goretzka 85 has a wicked long distant shot in his locker. Pogba continued to toll without a single goal in 11 games. Pathetic, but he does contribute in other ways.

I think there was only 1 game where I didn’t score and I think it was due to excellent defending by my opponent. Some games ended with me scoring 3-5 goals. I didn’t try any finesse shots. I just worked my way inside the box and my strikers did the rest with normal shots. So don’t over think on the scoring bits guys. Not sure why the people in the forum are complaining about plain finesse shots missing.

That’s all. Out with wifey now. Hope I can have a smooth ride to 14 wins with games to spare and then aim for 17.

• FreddieKane
    367 posts Sunday League Hero

I'd invest in state security before upgrading your team any further
  • limjitwe

I'd invest in state security before upgrading your team any further

Lol counter attacks I mean. But at this rate the game is gg for counter attacking, state security is needed
  • Racingeye1
    my 4th WL previous 3 i finished Silver 2, i now have 3 games left and need 1 win to make Silver 1!!!! arrrggghhhh no pressure there then
  • Racingeye1
    yyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss i did it
    Silver 1 :)
  • EricVanDerek
    601 posts An Exciting Prospect
    @Racingeye1 Yyyyeeeesssss indeed !!!
    Many congratulations from all of us in the happy WL Novices family - we know how hard you've worked for years to make this dream a reality....
    Now go and enjoy it!

For all our other family members, good luck. May this be a weekend to remember...
  • Racingeye1
    @Racingeye1 Yyyyeeeesssss indeed !!!
    Many congratulations from all of us in the happy WL Novices family - we know how hard you've worked for years to make this dream a reality....
    Now go and enjoy it!

For all our other family members, good luck. May this be a weekend to remember...

the sacrifices mrs eye has had to endure is worth it, the swearing, ducking for rogue controllers, dog ,cat whatever else was at arms reach.
    The team can breathe a sigh of relief too as they arent on the fifa scrap heap like countless squads ive built then sold then built then sold
    bringing in VVD was key
    and replacing Jesus with Kane was a surprisng yet genius idea, i though his lack of pace would kill me but once in the box hes lethal
  • Racingeye1
    my only worry is ive had some fairly good red picks in silver 2 considering it 84 max, 82 Arias 84 Inaki williams and 84 Poulsen. now i think i can get over 84 i bet i get crud
  • VTMaldini
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Had a terrible WL start and only won 1 in 7 games. Then fought all the way back to even things out and got 8 wins in 16 games. Lost the next two games and I am taking a break now.

I feel like the latest patch affects my game quite a bit in a negative way. Passing accuracy got worse...and even I don't use time shooting and finesse outside the box, after the patch i feel like they have nerf finesse so much that I would miss 1-on-1 finesse shots like 90% of the time. i have to keep reminding myself not to press R1 to shot even my guy is wide open in the box...
  • limjitwe
    Had a terrible end to my WL

Ended up at 14-11. Tried gg for 17 but ended up with a win and 4 losses.

Towards the end I was matched up with some really strong players which I decided to save time and cut my losses mid game. :D

Hope everyone will end up at where you target!! This week’s TOTW potentially could be really good.
  • VTMaldini
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Resume WL after a break and won 3 in a row, which pushed my record to 11 wins in 21 game. A very typical scenario that I get every week where G3 looks within reach with a shot at G2.

Well, not so fast for this week. I then hit a 4 games losing streak. Every though I won a game afterward to stop the bleeding but the next game end with a loss again. I am done for the day with a 12-15 record. Hopefully I can get some good luck tomorrow and get 2 more wins...

One thing that drives me insane is that my last 5 losses are all either in a one goal margin, or loss in penalty shootout. And in my last 6 games, I would hit the post 1-2 times per game each game. Is the game trying to force me to learn time shooting!!??
  • MortiferVaughan
    My best WL so far. G2 with two games to go. Shame it was three games to go or I think I could have gotten G1, but finally got out of G3.

Adding DDG was the key factor I think. Zlatan was brilliant once again. I don't think he's ever getting replaced in my team
  • iRusty_yo
    I got my best ever finish this WL. 21-9

I like this new patch
  • limjitwe

I like this new patch

That’s brilliant.

• iRusty_yo

I like this new patch

That’s brilliant.

Was really frustrated with couple games where I gave up 4 goal lead :(
  • EricVanDerek
    601 posts An Exciting Prospect
    That is indeed brilliant
    Was really frustrated with couple games where I gave up 4 goal lead :(
    That is... not so brilliant.

But we've all been there, and know how it works.
    Playing against the game is far more difficult than playing against the opposition...
  • MortiferVaughan

I like this new patch

That's a great result!

I definitely benefited from the patch. I've never timed shot before, I even have it turned off as I double tap by accident sometimes, and it was great not having to fear that from opposition as much. Felt the games were more even, and I was scoring for fun most games.
    Still had those games where everyone is playing like they're all bronze cards, but I've learned that's just FUT sometimes.
  • Andyzim
    75 posts Park Captain
    Congratulations on the good results - now get out of our novice thread, you are clearly too good to be in here now :D

I didn't play WL this weekend and won't get a chance next weekend either. However, I'm ready to mount a new challenge asap after a large change to my squad which was paid for by packing 90 Butragueno in the la liga league sbc packs, the first and only player I've ever packed worth more than about 80k.
  • MortiferVaughan
    Hahaha, I still feel I'm a novice as it's my first FUT and I started early December. But I've started building a pretty good squad I like using, and it's 87 rated now which is quite high.

It's a little too addictive though, I've noticed. Seeing as I'm checking forums and my web app while at work, which isn't good!

• iRusty_yo

I like this new patch

That's a great result!

I definitely benefited from the patch. I've never timed shot before, I even have it turned off as I double tap by accident sometimes, and it was great not having to fear that from opposition as much. Felt the games were more even, and I was scoring for fun most games.
    Still had those games where everyone is playing like they're all bronze cards, but I've learned that's just FUT sometimes.

Yeah pre patch I kept conceding loads of 40 yarders :/ now my opponents can’t seem to score.

I’ll try and push for elite sometime soon but no guarantee as I suspect this weekend was a learning curve for the majority. I got lucky