WL Novices (the "This could get very messy..." thread)

Comments

• lastfifa
    1540 posts Play-Off Hero
    Im in if there's is space.

My wl went pretty much like all previous 14-9 and i stopped there. Ibra was great sub who got me three wins as he scored 3 hatricks coming from the bench at 70min mark.
  • VTMaldini
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    count me in!!
  • Crazymundo
    91 posts Park Captain
    @Mako_Sulu
    @VTMaldini
    @lastfifa

Cheers guys.....that’s us got the minimum requirement of 8 players.

I will leave entrance open till Friday deadline I set. If another 8 wish to enter we can run it with 16 but not sure if we will get those numbers.

I will conduct the draw on Friday 9pm GMT and post it here.

I will also update on rules etc on Friday.

Thanks guys and best of luck to u all.....
  • EricVanDerek
    604 posts An Exciting Prospect
    @Bigfootisblurry - time to come out of retirement?!?
    Crazymundo wrote: »

That sounds ominous... Only bronze players and Icon Larsson allowed?
  • MadScorpion12
    148 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This was my easiest WL run so far. Started off decent then went on a 5 game slide only to then reel off 9 straight victories. Ended at G3 and ran out of time to aim for G1 as I had another 7 games remaining.
  • VTMaldini
    Ronaldo's price continues to drop. He was at $2.08MM over the weekend and now his cheapest BIN I have seen is $1.999MM. A moment ago there was one with a start price of $2.008MM but no one bid on it. Maybe the price will drop even further but I couldn't resist and bought one (in CM) earlier today for $2MM in open bid. Just need to convert him back to ST.

With the addition of Ronaldo, that means I will have to move Immobile to my WL fitness team. He has served the club well and is my leading scorer with 234 goals. He will surely be missed.

My WL squad now looks like this. In 4-1-2-1-2 formation:
    IF Mertens Ronaldo
    Dybala
    RTTF Perisic RTTF Cuadrado
    Nainggolan
    SIF Sandro IF Chiellini IF Koulibaly RTTF Florenzi
    SIF Szczesny

The next step is to upgrade Dybala to Baggio (he is my favorite player IRL). Not only he will be a great upgrade at that position but at the same time I can then fit FB Ibra in with 7 chem. If I get a Swedish manager and/or one in MLS I should be able to further improve his chem, right? But maybe from a more cost saving perspective, I should upgrade Nainggolan to Rijkaard first while his SBC is still here. Let' see if I can raise $1MM in the next 28 days.
  • Wz000
    167 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just bought him a week ago already down 270k... o well.
  • Ryan10g
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    I read the first few pages of this thread this was me in the past I could win 2 or 3 games in a row but rarely 4. This year with rivals and the refund due to server issue i have qualified and played every wl most to 14 2 to 11 and one to a solid 6 wins (last week don't ask) but it is frustrating and fun and I hope you all keep going!
  • Bigfootisblurry
    2091 posts Fans' Favourite
    @EricVanDerek
    @Bigfootisblurry - time to come out of retirement?!?
    Crazymundo wrote: »

That sounds ominous... Only bronze players and Icon Larsson allowed?

Not yet but let's see how this patch plays out.
  • EricVanDerek
    604 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Back into the funfair that is the WL - emotions going for a ride on the big dipper, the hall of mirrors that is your defenders attempts to get anywhere near the ball, the house of horrors that is timed finessing, the...
    (ok - I think that's more than enough...)

Am I the only who's telling the oppo (not that he can hear, but still) : yes , you may be banging in those timed finesses now, but what are you going to do come Tuesday, eh?!?
    (that's the expected date for the patch, correct?)

I desperately hope the patch will also do something to the AI pressure - some of the blocks and infinite stamina aspects are rather silly...

Good luck to everyone - forum regulars, new posters and lurkers alike.
    Do keep us updated.
  • Mako_Sulu
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Back into the funfair that is the WL - emotions going for a ride on the big dipper, the hall of mirrors that is your defenders attempts to get anywhere near the ball, the house of horrors that is timed finessing, the...
    (ok - I think that's more than enough...)

Am I the only who's telling the oppo (not that he can hear, but still) : yes , you may be banging in those timed finesses now, but what are you going to do come Tuesday, eh?!?
    (that's the expected date for the patch, correct?)

I desperately hope the patch will also do something to the AI pressure - some of the blocks and infinite stamina aspects are rather silly...

Good luck to everyone - forum regulars, new posters and lurkers alike.
    Do keep us updated.

Yes I need to see an end to 100mph Fabinhos charging through the back of my players with no penalty. This for me is a far bigger problem than timed finishing.

I actually very rarely see any opponents using timed finishing to be honest, maybe the odd person later once I've hit S1 or G3.

Yet to start my games this WL but I'm in with a slightly tweaked team.
    IF Lacazette
    TIF Pepe - Zola - Gnabry
    Baresi - Pogba
    Alaba - Fabinho - Van Dijk - IF Tete
    IF Donnaruma

Didn't like Pepe last week but I'm saving for Mbappe so I'll give him another chance, probably end up taking him off at half time a lot. Trying Baresi out in CDM as well to see how he dared there.
  • skinnyn4
    47 posts Park Captain
    Finished G3 last 2 weeks. Hoping to push on with my 3 new additions to the team. Alison, Sanchez and Valencia out for SIF Vvd, 86 Aurier and De gea.
  • Racingeye1
    125 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    it seems to me everyone is practising for the patch, constant lobbed balls to wings cross for tall strikers, cracking start for me played 6 won......1 :(
  • MortiferVaughan
    194 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited January 25
    Racingeye1 wrote: »
    it seems to me everyone is practising for the patch, constant lobbed balls to wings cross for tall strikers, cracking start for me played 6 won......1 :(

That definitely doesn't sound good to me, as I've just added prime Baresi into my team haha.
    Though I do have Ibra, so I can publish them the same way
  • Racingeye1
    125 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    well my current score is played 9 won 3
    and on that basis the team has gone lol
    fed up of facing the same old same old so ive decided to build a team you wont likely see (probably because it will be crap lol)

courtois
    CL meunier Kompany Vertongen Mendy(city one)
    KDB Fabinho FS Guendouzi
    IF Hazard(bundes one) IF Plea
    FS Joelinton

here goes nothing
    will probably be sold in an hours time
  • BGAlum
    801 posts Semi-Pro
    Good luck to all that continue the push. Cheering for you on the sidelines, but joining @Bigfootisblurry in the retired column once the 29th hits.

No more PS plus for me and need to focus on more important things. It had some good times, but the most consistent items were this thread and the others created by @EricVanDerek ...he does not require a patch or AI to work...😀
  • Crazymundo
    91 posts Park Captain
    Weekend greetings FIFA crew.....

Another WL awaits. Hope your all strapped in and ready for adrenaline fuelled, rage infused mayhem. This game can bring out the best and worst in me at the same time. There is a fine line between pleasure and pain.

Again Gold 3 is the target. Hopefully a combination of luck, sweat and bottle will see me through.

My team feels in a bit of a transition stage. I have 1 million coins sitting but undecided how or where to spend it. First world problems eh....

On a wee side note couldnt play WL this evening due to server. Decided to do the Marquee Matchups out of boredom. TOTW Modric popped out. A pleasant wee surprise.

Hopefully u guys will smash it this weekend and get the wins and rewards your dedication deserves.
  • Crazymundo
    91 posts Park Captain
    As mentioned in an earlier post we have 8 brave and bold teams entered into our FIFA Novices Champions Cup. The draw has been conducted and is as follows...

@VTMaldini V. @Mako_Sulu

@lastfifa V. Crazymundo

@Wz000 V @Andyzim

@EricVanDerek V. @iRusty_yo

Ties to be completed by 6pm GMT Sunday 03/0219. (A week on Sunday)

Rules are simple. Contact your opponent. Arrange a convenient time for both. Play your match. Extra time and penalties if required and then post your result. Once the results are in I will conduct the draw for the semi finals.

Any questions let me know.

Best of luck guys......
  • iRusty_yo
    3371 posts National Call-Up
    @EricVanDerek hey man, fancy sending me a FR for a game this week?
  • FrankLampard
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    4-4 , playing some pretty bad ball
  • FrankLampard
    I’m forced to play perin in goal till I can afford handanovic. Perin is shocking
  • limjitwe
    6103 posts Big Money Move
    Good luck to all for this weekend’s grind. 14 or 17 wins is the target due to the extension

After missing out on the last WL, my team is well rested and ready to go!! UCL Lewandowski, RTTF Sanches and Prime Figo making their competitive debuts.

Played 5 games and I’m currently on 3-2. The second lost was against an weaker opponent on PK and EAids though.

has been performing excellently linking well with main striker Raul. Raul’s goal ratio took a hit with him feeding Lewan to take the spotlight. Sanches has been a terrier and slightly upgraded version of Kante. (Hoping for a Bayern win over Pool for selfish reasons B) )
  • FrankLampard
    limjitwe wrote: »
    Good luck to all for this weekend’s grind. 14 or 17 wins is the target due to the extension

After missing out on the last WL, my team is well rested and ready to go!! UCL Lewandowski, RTTF Sanches and Prime Figo making their competitive debuts.

Played 5 games and I’m currently on 3-2. The second lost was against an weaker opponent on PK and EAids though.

has been performing excellently linking well with main striker Raul. Raul’s goal ratio took a hit with him feeding Lewan to take the spotlight. Sanches has been a terrier and slightly upgraded version of Kante. (Hoping for a Bayern win over Pool for selfish reasons B) )
    I’ve raul too at Cam , what a baller

• limjitwe
    limjitwe wrote: »

I’ve raul too at Cam , what a baller

I use him up top actually. Lol. I’m the rare few who uses old skool 442(2) formation. But Raul is definitely a baller 😎
  • Mako_Sulu
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Back in the land of Gold! Much better performance this week, ended up on 16 wins and 14 losses to leave me one away from G2. Annoying as I was 4-3 up in my final game with 15 minutes to spare and gifted my opponent with an equaliser while playing out the back. Oh well, rewards are much better in G3 anyway.

I really liked IF Lacazette, my favourite striker I have used this FIFA I reckon. Rest of the team I'm pretty happy with. I still want Mbappe on the right in place of Pepe, hopefully will be able to afford him for the next WL.
  • FrankLampard
    Was 11-7 now 11-12 Jesus Christ
  • Chavez76
    1870 posts Play-Off Hero
    Currently 10 and 5. Had a bad start but picked up nicely. No doubt in my mind I will still end up in G3 though :)
    Doesnt help already that I am called in the (for me) middle of the night to fix some issues for work, which I am already looking at for 2 hours now :(
  • limjitwe
    Wow currently on my best run at the moment. 11-4. I’ll try to reach 14 wins first before deciding to try for 17.

Heard it gets tough after 14, so I may not want to lose the feel good factor :)
  • VTMaldini
    The G2 finish last week ended with 2 82 player picks, and my bad luck continues...My strikers either keep hitting the post, or unable to convert wide open chances. Currently sitting at 6 wins in 15 games. Simply awful...
  • Chavez76
    1870 posts Play-Off Hero
    Chavez76 wrote: »
    Currently 10 and 5. Had a bad start but picked up nicely. No doubt in my mind I will still end up in G3 though :)
    Doesnt help already that I am called in the (for me) middle of the night to fix some issues for work, which I am already looking at for 2 hours now :(

ended 17-11 and first time G2 this year! even with limited sleep. One game was awefull lag (yet won with a hattrick of De Ligt !!?) rest of the games were fluent. Happy with the result!

Last game was versus a guy who barely did anything, only playing around on his own half. Ended 0-0, in the 120th minute I got a corner. Ended on the head of De lIgt that was heading it very wide, and one of his players walked the ball in the own goal.. Justice was served that day ..