Are you a FIFA streamer? Get yourself added to the forum list here

WL Novices (the "This could get very messy..." thread)

Comments

• Bigfootisblurry
    1548 posts Play-Off Hero
    Page 5, have you all given up?

I'm having bad thoughts about coming back but at the same time I'm enjoying playing a different game (GT Sport).
  • Chavez76
    1021 posts Professional
    skipping this weekend myself. Ended in S1 last week with like 10 games to go, but could not play any more. This weekend too many things going on so I would probably not even be able to end in S1, better to skip.

For all you guys playing, enjoy and (try :) ) to have fun!
  • Walsgrove_V2
    2183 posts Fans' Favourite
    Got a lot on myself this weekend - grouped with being than january gym goer :D will probably play to G3 and leave it there.
  • EricVanDerek
    326 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 11
    Page 5, have you all given up?

I'm having bad thoughts about coming back but at the same time I'm enjoying playing a different game (GT Sport).

@Bigfootisblurry is Alive!
    Halle-flippin'-lujah!!!

Didn't you hear - we declared a five day period of mourning for the fact that you'd quit?
    Come on back - you know you want to...

(don't understand the "Page 5" comment - obviously some cultural reference that I'm far too old to understand...)

To all those who are not yellow-bellied, lily-livered quitters, good luck this weekend.
    None of this negative "into the breach once more", this weekend will be a walk in the park, a trip to the beach, a veritable romp in the sunshine for every single one of us...
  • MortiferVaughan
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Having gone back to S1 last weekend, I really did suck, I sold my BPL team and built a hybrid with the 400ishk and have been owning Rivals.
    Hopefully this will put me back in Gold and hopefully an improvement on my Gold 3 highest

http://imgur.com/a/5HRc19o
  • Mako_Sulu
    363 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm looking forward to it. Suddenly went on a div 5 winning streak so hoping I can continue that into WL and push for G2.
  • Bigfootisblurry
    1548 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 11
    @EricVanDerek Page 5, as in how far I had to look to find the thread.

I'm going to stay strong for now I think but having 2.5m just sitting there is tempting.

Good luck to all this weekend.

Edit: dammnit eBay, I've just bought it again but at least I've turned a profit overall.
  • Crazymundo
    62 posts Park Captain
    Happy Friday Novices....

After spending the week touring the nation with my G2 trophy it’s time to hand it back and start again.

Targets for this weekend, hope to continue the gold rush and am aiming for a minimal G3. I think my performance last weekend may have been a freak occurrence but we shall see. It’s a pity my best WL result coincided with the worst TOTW of the season. Lucky me.

No changes to my team. Tempted with Best SBC but apprehensive about splashing all my coins and assets on another untraceable. Saying that posts on these forums suggest he may be endgame material so might be worth the gamble.

As always may u all enjoy glory this weekend and look forward to reading your updates through the weekend.
  • Crazymundo
    62 posts Park Captain
    Sorry

Also meant to say welcome back @Bigfootisblurry

• lastfifa
    1448 posts Professional
    This week will take a break and spend some quality time with my lady...

But as fut junkie waiting for next wl as i made some good upgrades.

Aguero out - prime Best in
    Sokratis out - mid Cannavaro in
    Lloris out - De Gea in
    Live Alonso out - live Telles in.
  • EricVanDerek
    Page 5?!? Come on Novices, pull your fingers out and get reporting... Anyone would think it’s currently TOTY and everyone’s posting random messages asking if they should keep Mbappe....

As Mr Wilde once wrote: I can resist anything except temptation...
    Good to see you gave in to it in the time it took you to write the post (or are you just a very slow writer...?)

Hopefully we’ll see you back in the WL soon...?
  • limjitwe
    4983 posts Big Money Move
    It’s back to the grind. Took a break from WL last weekend as I forgot to enter it.

This is my third WL and I’m hoping maybe I’ll bother to try for G2 if I have the time.

First 2 ended 14-10 and 14-9
  • Mako_Sulu
    Played one, won one B) heading for top 100. Bit of an end to end game, 5-4 in the end! Aubamayang grabbed a hat trick, Bale and Zola with the others. Won't play many today as hate playing on Friday. Maybe a few this evening and then smash it tomorrow.

Anyone get any luck in TOTY? I saved up around 30 packs from various SBCs but nothing blue came out.
  • aladdin
    462 posts Sunday League Hero
    i’m away this weekend at the in laws (that’ll be a treat :| ) but will hopefully get some games in this evening
  • MortiferVaughan
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    5 games just 2 wins so far.

Is there a better time of day to play? Haven't played anyone under 89 rated yet, it's getting ridiculous.
    Perhaps Friday evening is the worst as all the good players get it out the way, and the casual players are more late Saturday and Sunday?
  • aladdin
    462 posts Sunday League Hero
    just realised i didn’t register in time to take part this weekend. d’oh!
  • Cphilly13
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Started 8-2 today, was 3-2 after the first 5... friday morning is absolutely brutal! Played some more in the afternoon and did quite well! Changed to a 4222 and unfortunately to 2 depth in defence (usually 4/5) but has really helped me stop conceding counter attack goals so far! No doubt a long winless streak incoming tomorrow evening after work :( might sell griezman n get ibra for tomorrow, any of you guys used him?
  • limjitwe
    The game play is getting so inconsistent that I’m at a lost for words. Started 6-2 and now struggling at 8-5

There were games where I just couldn’t pass or hold on to the ball. Touches were heavy and any touch by the opponent, I lose the ball and suffer a turnover. I would say I deserve to have truly lost to 2 guys who were really good
  • Daarky
    211 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    From 14-17 wins every week-end to 9 wins this week-end because i added untradeable Ballack and POTM Van Dijk to my team... Dont know what to think lol.
  • Mako_Sulu
    Sitting at 6-4 after my first 10 games, quite happy with that just need to keep it up.

Debating whether to change my team already, Torreira and Lerma in the middle of the park aren't really holding there own and Gareth Bale might as well be a bronze goalkeeper, can't seem to get along with him at all. Think I might ditch him and use the coins for Pogba to add some steel to the midfield.
  • Crazymundo
    62 posts Park Captain
    Greetings novices.....

10 games in and things going ok. W6 L4. Went on a run of losing 4 in a row without scoring a goal. You might of heard my screams of joy once I ended that scoring drought.

Following the same format as last weekend and only playing in 6 batches of 5 games. Was only able to play 1 batch yesterday as at work so will try to fit in 3 shifts tomorrow.

Decided to sell my baby Larsson yesterday as was going to upgrade to King Larsson version. Only for EA to release the ibra sbc which has saw Larssons price rocket as people looking for the Swedish link. Will now have to wait till the sbc finished and hopefully the price to come down.

Soooooo.....looking for some suggestions. I need an icon CAM around the 800k mark. I currently have sbc Costa and baby baggio so a 3rd icon CAM would allow me to circle my ST with icons thus be able to have any striker regardless of nationality or league and have perfect Chem.

I am now off to Ikea as the wife has plans for my week off work. Saying that....Ikea is a Swedish superstore so hoping there may be a cheap Larsson hiding in there.

Anyway novices....stay positive and stay strong.
  • pedro___
    222 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Daarky wrote: »
    From 14-17 wins every week-end to 9 wins this week-end because i added untradeable Ballack and POTM Van Dijk to my team... Dont know what to think lol.

I was 11-4 with Special kroos. Then I added loan prime ballack....4 losses in a row. :neutral:
  • Mako_Sulu
    I really like Prime Zola, not sure if he is under 800k though.
  • Crazymundo
    62 posts Park Captain
    @Mako_Sulu

Cheers...was looking at him. The prime might be a bit over my budget but think I will go for the baby or middle on (depending on price). If it doesn’t work out I can sell and just take a hit on the tax.

It’s weird....FIFA19 is a game with virtual currency yet I am apprehensive about spending coins. What’s the point of saving till the end for a ‘Star’ player to only have the enjoyment of using them for a month of two.

• Mako_Sulu
    Crazymundo wrote: »
    @Mako_Sulu

Cheers...was looking at him. The prime might be a bit over my budget but think I will go for the baby or middle on (depending on price). If it doesn’t work out I can sell and just take a hit on the tax.

It’s weird....FIFA19 is a game with virtual currency yet I am apprehensive about spending coins. What’s the point of saving till the end for a ‘Star’ player to only have the enjoyment of using them for a month of two.

Yeah I realised that lately, had an OK team and was sitting on 200k (not that much I know) but wasn't really sure what I was saving for...

I canned Gareth Bale and used the funds to bring in Mbappe and SIF Lala. Had a good day's play, sitting on 11 wins, 9 losses after 20 games. Mbappe has been a revelation, 11 goals and 5 assists in his first 11 games - very happy I made the change.

Will try and get Pogba to replace Torreira next and add some height and quality on the ball in the middle of the park. Only have 10k at the moment now though so will need some incredible rewards.
  • EricVanDerek
    Greetings all - just a flying visit to share that I'm currently 11-6.
    After Friday afternoon I was 3-5, but last night / this evening have won 8 out of 9 - and that loss was to the best player I've ever played at this game...
    (Yes - miracles do happen...)

Unfortunately I'm not sure I'll get to play again until late on Sunday night.

I've now realised that late Sunday is really hard for us lower-abilities players, as there aren't enough similar players around, so we're likely to get matched against better players.

There you go - I'm getting my excuse for choking Gold 3 out of the way nice and early...!

Good luck all - do keep us updated on progress.
  • Bolly80
    95 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Finished 16-14 my best finish yet toty de bruyne really helped my game
  • limjitwe
    Was at 8-8 after 4 straight losses. Then went 9-9 before powering to finish 14-9 <3

Might try for the 17 later.

I might be selling Ballack who I happen to love to fund Varane. Not sure if I’ll REGRET that. Also I’m likely to sell IF Kane for another striker.

Any inputs on a good CM to partner Pogba and striker to partner Raul?
  • Dutch3723
    435 posts Sunday League Hero
    Crazymundo wrote: »
    Greetings novices.....

10 games in and things going ok. W6 L4. Went on a run of losing 4 in a row without scoring a goal. You might of heard my screams of joy once I ended that scoring drought.

Following the same format as last weekend and only playing in 6 batches of 5 games. Was only able to play 1 batch yesterday as at work so will try to fit in 3 shifts tomorrow.

Decided to sell my baby Larsson yesterday as was going to upgrade to King Larsson version. Only for EA to release the ibra sbc which has saw Larssons price rocket as people looking for the Swedish link. Will now have to wait till the sbc finished and hopefully the price to come down.

Soooooo.....looking for some suggestions. I need an icon CAM around the 800k mark. I currently have sbc Costa and baby baggio so a 3rd icon CAM would allow me to circle my ST with icons thus be able to have any striker regardless of nationality or league and have perfect Chem.

I am now off to Ikea as the wife has plans for my week off work. Saying that....Ikea is a Swedish superstore so hoping there may be a cheap Larsson hiding in there.

Anyway novices....stay positive and stay strong.

@crazymundo mate if you start with the 451 (the one with lm, rm, cdm and 2xcam), you can box your striker in with two cam icons rather than 3. I’ve seen a lot of this with Tevez / ibra.
  • EricVanDerek
    So I played some more games late on Saturday (basically in the middle of the night), and went 1-4 in that little stretch. Played a number of good players, but also had two very frustrating FIFA experiences where the game patently didn't want me to win.

But just managed to sneak in a crafty game, and won easily.

So I'm one measly win away from the promised land that is Gold 3, with 6 games left. It's unlikely I'll be able to play again until much later, when I expect match-making to be poor and the game to be really rolling up its sleeves to thwart me at every opportunity.

So I need your support, now more than ever, fellow novices.
    So if you're the religious type, pray for me
    If you're the drinking type, drink for me
    If you're the knitting / origami type, do your crafting thing for me

If you don't ever hear from me again, then that's because I've choked, and PS4, TV and self-worth have all been smashed to smithereens

Good luck anyone else gunning for promotion...!