Transfer market idea

PirateW
123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I've read quite a few posts about people getting banned for their transfer market activity, many innocently, yet it is obvious that coin buying still takes place and is a scourge to the game.

Also, it's often agreed that the transfer market is necessary in order to obtain the dream players you want - you're quite unlikely to pack them.

How about a transfer market where you cannot sell but can only buy - there would be no way for coin sellers to operate and but it would eliminate trading for profit - so you'd actually have to play the game.

Idea is that every player has a fixed price for discard, the price being based on their desirability and rating so e.g. Icadi might be 200k, Higuain 500k, C.Ronaldo 4mill.
Fixed prices could update by a maximum variance of 10% every week if certain players are being discarded very often and obviously not being picked up, giving the opportunity to very savvy people to discard and then rebuy 3 weeks later for less, but also the temptation when rising prices to persuade people to part with players they might have no use for.
If you pack a player then you can keep them or discard them. If you discard then you get 75% of their value. If you discard then they become available for someone to buy at the 100% price. Only players discarded are available to buy by others.
There would be no need for tradeable or untradeable packs, they'd all react the same.
No-one would stockpile certain cards (because after buying at 100% they'd immediately have to discard for 75% back on to the market).
There would be no need to have a timer on the transfer market so less pressure on servers by those who currently refresh constantly to snipe.
The very best players would still be rare as they'd be less likely to be discarded in the first place, but you'd know your exact budget and what you need when trying to buy.
EA could even actually create sbcs based on the excess players on the market too to encourage them to sell, and to anticipate the difficulty of sbc.

Just an idea to prevent coin buying and to create a sort of transfer market based on players not wanted.

Comments

• Twilight76
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Terrible idea
  • Leon0713
    1806 posts Fans' Favourite
    I know that I, and many others, probably wouldn’t play this game if you couldn’t sell anything on the market. Trading is what makes this game so fun imo.
  • PirateW
    Leon0713 wrote: »
    I know that I, and many others, probably wouldn’t play this game if you couldn’t sell anything on the market. Trading is what makes this game so fun imo.
    I agree, I really like trading and it's the main reason I play. I don't buy Fifa points and ended up with 196 rated tots last year and 580mill+ club value.
    I spend more time trading than actually playing matches.
  • Oscaaaar
    1227 posts Professional
    edited October 2018
    Awful idea as it would create a p2w so bad I dont even want to think about it.

If you wanna change team you lose 1/4 of your coins, wtf.
  • Bladesman
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    And what about the people that don’t spend money on buying packs?

Worst idea I’ve ever heard in my life haha
  • Anarki301
    277 posts Sunday League Hero
    +1, great idea man, somebody should try to push this up the chain of command.
  • PirateW
    Bladesman wrote: »

For those who don't buy packs it's not much different to now. There would be the players to buy still for coins but no sniping and frustration at trying to get bargains. Are you not frustrated when you buy someone BIN for 20k, then see the same player come up for 17k a minute or so later currently, or see brag posts from people who sniped exactly the same player for 8k and then instasold them for 22k. Two people with identical teams currently could've paid many '00ks differently just due to one of them living on the market. It makes it harder for the casual player at the moment.

Hardly the worst idea ever, definitely not the best, but with people getting banned for no reason under the current 'rules' (whatever they may be breaking) the current system is clearly not working. Do you think it's a better idea that EA have currently in regards that they ban innocents?
  • ICUP
    3906 posts National Call-Up
    LOL i aint a trader but this is dumb, playing the game doesn't mean actually playing the game since trading is part of the game. I would never agree to this
  • PirateW
    Oscaaaar wrote: »
    Awful idea as it would create a p2w so bad I dont even want to think about it.

If you wanna change team you lose 1/4 of your coins, wtf.
    If the want to change your team currently you lose 5%, plus no guarantee of the price you'll get for the players, plus no certainty of what you'd have to pay for their replacements.
    With rewards for rivals, weekend league, squad battles, sbcs being so great, there's a lot of surplus players going for discard anyway, their guaranteed price would be higher and easier to put towards a replacement. If you're playing the game as in playing matches, then you'll have plenty of players being rewarded to you. If you only trade (as in don't actually play, which is evident when you compare some people's transfer profit vs match earnings) then those traders are the ones keeping the prices higher than they need to be and those guys are the ones who will suffer.
    For all the gameplay flaws, it's still meant to be a football game and not a stock market sim.
    Play2win rather than pay2win is what's needed. Yes those who pay will still have the best teams but they should be able to influence the market and the game for the majority of the gamers.

• Bladesman
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    PirateW wrote: »
    Bladesman wrote: »

For those who don't buy packs it's not much different to now. There would be the players to buy still for coins but no sniping and frustration at trying to get bargains. Are you not frustrated when you buy someone BIN for 20k, then see the same player come up for 17k a minute or so later currently, or see brag posts from people who sniped exactly the same player for 8k and then instasold them for 22k. Two people with identical teams currently could've paid many '00ks differently just due to one of them living on the market. It makes it harder for the casual player at the moment.

Hardly the worst idea ever, definitely not the best, but with people getting banned for no reason under the current 'rules' (whatever they may be breaking) the current system is clearly not working. Do you think it's a better idea that EA have currently in regards that they ban innocents?

I wouldn’t call myself a trader but I know when to buy and when not to buy certain players... People are so dumb when it comes to spending their coins on a team and that’s why come January/Feb I’ll have a way better team than the ones I’m against right now who have obviously spent hundreds on packs.
    I don’t spend a penny on them because I enjoy the build up to a mega team... The only way I can do this is buy investing in players and waiting for their price to go up, if you take that away from me then I would be bored within minutes of ultimate team.