Been away for a while... How are we all?! You enjoying the new FIFA?

Waspy
3885 posts National Call-Up
Depending on what part of the world you're from... good morning, good evening... good day....

How are we all liking the new installment so far?

Been away from the Fourms for a while, thought id check in and see whats happening!

Comments

• Alexrb89
    3455 posts National Call-Up
    Waspy wrote: »
    Depending on what part of the world you're from... good morning, good evening... good day....

Been away from the Fourms for a while, thought id check in and see whats happening!

Hello waspy mate! Good to see you back chief. This installment is a lot better imo, Actually really enjoying playing without the stress normally associated. Have you picked up the game yet?
  • Waspy
    Alexrb89 wrote: »

Hello waspy mate! Good to see you back chief. This installment is a lot better imo, Actually really enjoying playing without the stress normally associated. Have you picked up the game yet?

oi oi @Alexrb89 !

I have, still having some 'teething problems' trying to find what works for me but its actually a fairly decent first effort IMO.

Rivals is a tad sweaty, but glad to see it offers rewards worth grinding for. WL for me will be very intermittent (yet to accumulate the 2k points for my first one) as if I don't actually get auto quali, the limited game time I have will mean like 2/3 weeks to get my WL points back up again!

But in the round its nice to see that Pace isn't as harder currency as before, timed finising though is ruining me right now....

How are you? Enjoying it yourself?
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14335 posts Has That Special Something
    No
  • Waspy
    No

@Pepe Le DiLzZ RIP........ :/ the whole game or specific elements? haha
  • Alexrb89

oi oi @Alexrb89 !

I have, still having some 'teething problems' trying to find what works for me but its actually a fairly decent first effort IMO.

Rivals is a tad sweaty, but glad to see it offers rewards worth grinding for. WL for me will be very intermittent (yet to accumulate the 2k points for my first one) as if I don't actually get auto quali, the limited game time I have will mean like 2/3 weeks to get my WL points back up again!

But in the round its nice to see that Pace isn't as harder currency as before, timed finising though is ruining me right now....

Totally agree on the rivals, much better than the grind of divisions for very little return. Depends what style your rocking this year but most formations are usable this year unlike 18 where it was all narrow ping pong ( which is fantastic), pace nerf is a blessing too.

I’m good, also not getting as much playing time this year as I have a toddler now and he is a handful to say the least 😂.

The new skill moves are great too, la croqueta and the new fake shot while holiding L1 make dribbling viable from the wings, I can recommend learning those bad boys!
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14335 posts Has That Special Something
    No

Not feeling it mate. Buggy game
  • Waspy

oi oi @Alexrb89 !

Totally agree on the rivals, much better than the grind of divisions for very little return. Depends what style your rocking this year but most formations are usable this year unlike 18 where it was all narrow ping pong ( which is fantastic), pace nerf is a blessing too.

I’m good, also not getting as much playing time this year as I have a toddler now and he is a handful to say the least 😂.

The new skill moves are great too, la croqueta and the new fake shot while holiding L1 make dribbling viable from the wings, I can recommend learning those bad boys!

Oh man I completely forgot about that?!?! Yeah, same position now, 2 boys... one is 4yrs the other now 1.5yrs so its mental at home :D

I'll take a look at those skill moves, something I wanted to try and get into my game so at least there are some that are usable and easy to execute!

I've been using the false 9 or '4-3-3 (5)' and have some good success as the CF layte run ins are playing to the Finesse finishes well. I'm struggling to player switch (there's a shock) and pass to the player I actually want the ball to got to but overall its enjoyable!
  • Waspy
    edited October 2018
    No

Not feeling it mate. Buggy game

@Pepe Le DiLzZ I have to say, it has takeen me some time to even get slightly used to the changes, it does at times feel almost unfinished but i'm enjoying it for the most part
    Post edited by Waspy on
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Yo good to see you around
    I'm liking it, really
    Having success with trading and doing well otherwise too considering my two teams together cost 50k only
    Super excited to put together my version of Chelsea past and present too
  • Waspy
    Advait wrote: »
    Yo good to see you around
    I'm liking it, really
    Having success with trading and doing well otherwise too considering my two teams together cost 50k only
    Super excited to put together my version of Chelsea past and present too

Agreed, keep me posted on your progress @Advait ! As far as trading goes i've not done a great deal as yet, made a lot off the back of the CL MMs last week (the Liverpool SBC was a real coin generator!)

Been very lucky pack wise though for a change so long may that continue!
  • Alexrb89

oi oi @Alexrb89 !

Oh man I completely forgot about that?!?! Yeah, same position now, 2 boys... one is 4yrs the other now 1.5yrs so its mental at home :D

I'll take a look at those skill moves, something I wanted to try and get into my game so at least there are some that are usable and easy to execute!

I've been using the false 9 or '4-3-3 (5)' and have some good success as the CF layte run ins are playing to the Finesse finishes well. I'm struggling to player switch (there's a shock) and pass to the player I actually want the ball to got to but overall its enjoyable!

Can imagine bro. The wife keeps mentioning about getting another one but I’m keen to wait a bit longer before starting all over again :smile: .

They are really easy so give them a go and let me know how you get on.
  • v4vendetta1978
    2799 posts Fans' Favourite
    Alright waspy

Lovin it this year but then again I moved house so no more awful internet and my connection is better resulting in me winning games either that or the game suits me alot more this year ( made for the S***er players lol )

Got 15-15 in the weekend league after being 4-12
    Pulled Ramos in my sbc pack set me up at the start to build a team
    Not spent a penny on fifa points

But i feel the game is winnable no matter what team i face , rarely feel helpless as I did in 17 top players will still smash me but the game feels good .

• Waspy
    Alright waspy

Lovin it this year but then again I moved house so no more awful internet and my connection is better resulting in me winning games either that or the game suits me alot more this year ( made for the S***er players lol )

Got 15-15 in the weekend league after being 4-12
    Pulled Ramos in my sbc pack set me up at the start to build a team
    Not spent a penny on fifa points

But i feel the game is winnable no matter what team i face , rarely feel helpless as I did in 17 top players will still smash me but the game feels good .

hey @v4vendetta1978 !! How is it?!?

So far i've more draws now already than I did in the whole of FIFA 18....... Frustrated with the tackle system as I seem to make solid challenges but rarely come away with the ball.

I do enjoy it a lot more than 18 though for sure! Oh nice, a new gaff is always a stressful thing but glad its resolved your garbage internet connection! (a rather expensive way to resolve it though... ;-) )

Still not yet qualified but its more of a time thing for me, racking up the 2k points is taking longer than I expected.

Whats your PSN ID and i'll add you up for few games if ya fancy it at some point? PM me it you want.

I just hope at some point EA tone down crosses and bicycle kicks hahaha
  • Waspy

oi oi @Alexrb89 !

Can imagine bro. The wife keeps mentioning about getting another one but I’m keen to wait a bit longer before starting all over again :smile: .

They are really easy so give them a go and let me know how you get on.

hmmmmmm @Alexrb89 two schools of thought my man....... crack on whilst you're already in the swing of it, or wait a long time.... and have to re-adapt !! I'd say looking back 2 very young at the same time would've been too much, a 3yr gap is bang on id say!

Ping me your PSN fella and ill add you up!

Looked at those skills, very easy to use, just need to get the muscle memory on board haha!
  • Bigfootisblurry
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've only got 20 games or so under my belt but it's been decent so far, better than last year for sure.

I forgot how much of a grind trading is at the beginning though as I won't put any cash in at all. Up to 120k ish plus a cheap team to keep me ticking over.
  • Waspy
    I've only got 20 games or so under my belt but it's been decent so far, better than last year for sure.

I forgot how much of a grind trading is at the beginning though as I won't put any cash in at all. Up to 120k ish plus a cheap team to keep me ticking over.

alright lad!?

sounds decent enough to me, I did fall into an absurd gold mine last week where I was sniping Liverpool players on the web app for 500 coins and reselling for 5k... made 80k in a couple of hours. Im hoping for more of that!

have to agree, it trumps last years installment for sure!
  • Kalhead
    505 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It feels better than 18, though I think it punishes manual defenders a little bit with the sheer volume of successful tackles than become unsuccessful.

But it's made it harder, increased the skill gap so ping ponging isn't the meta tactic, instead forcing people to work to create space. I like it.
  • Waspy
    Kalhead wrote: »
    It feels better than 18, though I think it punishes manual defenders a little bit with the sheer volume of successful tackles than become unsuccessful.

But it's made it harder, increased the skill gap so ping ponging isn't the meta tactic, instead forcing people to work to create space. I like it.

agree with that, the false id never use last year, this year (so far) its been very very enjoyable!
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13085 posts Has That Special Something
    Welcome back @Waspy :) hope all is well with the family...

The game is alright, a few issues, but it's not far away from being a great game. At the moment I'd give it a 7.5/10. Defending is the most tedious part for me, followed by the new shooting mechanics. Dribbling is kinda non existent, but all these things could be rectified