Matchmaking Needs to be FIXED

EA Sports (FIFA) you need to fix your matchmaking or is this just a con to encourage other people to buy packs? Do you not think you make enough money already? You will always have people who will buy a team and you will have people who like to earn coins to build there teams (not for long from what I am hearing) easy solution match players on the team rating. I am fed up with being given opponents with teams that are far superior to myn it like a league 2 side playing a top four premier league team, which is ok once or twice a year but imagine how boring that would be to watch every week. So what is it to be ? Matchmake fairly with 80 star teams against 80 star and not 84 star or be up front and I will stop wasting my time with fifa and the other people who feel the same can make there decision no brainier really (just Remember if you don’t listen you will fail and once you lose fans they will not be easy to win back)

Comments

• Candykaine17
    42 posts Park Captain
    I agree with you, i have just a average starter team like lingard, bellerin etc yet im playing people with icons as well as having the likes on ronaldo, bale, neymar etc. This has happened 15 games in a row and its really unfair on players like us who want to earn coins to buy them types of players.
  • GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    Juat because someone has a better team it doesn't mean they are better than you at the game. Matcaki g is based on ability, not team rating
  • I would rather a fair game then a unfair one, to your point if I was better I would win but I get smashed so your point is valid in a strange way but completely wrong as this is not the case.
  • LazyFIFA
    644 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Problem is that a lot of people bronze bench. So even if you have an 81 rated team, you can still versus a very good team because their whole bench is 47 rated.
  • greif44
    5109 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2018
    You get opponent based on your skill, not on their team rating. Which is also **** up, get 20 for win, -40 for loss
  • SuperRob
    2018 posts Fans' Favourite
    Given its all based on a skill rating then if you match against someone with a better team then you should have more skill. The other answer would be to buy a better team. With the amount of free packs from playing you should be able to get a decent team very quickly.
  • So if it is based on a skill rating then how would the team make no difference? If I am matched with someone who is even to me but has a team that is ALOT better then what chance do I have. So it needs to be looked at and marched like for like there are enough players for this to happen. Also I like to make an all English team but that’s not possible to do if you have to buy players that are highly rated. So I get your logic but that does not mean it’s right.
  • SuperRob
    2018 posts Fans' Favourite
    Skill points are based on results so you and any opponents you face will have similar records. If thier team is a deciding factor in games as you suggest then they must have a lower skill ability than someone who has the same skill points but a worse team.
  • CharlieC
    7425 posts League Winner
    SuperRob wrote: »
    Skill points are based on results so you and any opponents you face will have similar records. If thier team is a deciding factor in games as you suggest then they must have a lower skill ability than someone who has the same skill points but a worse team.

Yeah exactly this. Player A has a team of icons but his/her skill rating with that team is still the same as Player B who has a full bronze team. So on balance during a game it should be fairly even because player A is rubbish with his super team and player b is awesome with his bronze team.
  • sheffutd87
    3441 posts National Call-Up
    Lol if they matched purely on team rating everyone would bronze bench and use poor teams and still smash you anyway.

You would have top players running 75 rated squads hammering noobs.

It’s really not difficult at all to get a really competitive team.

The person holding the controller has more input into the final result than the team does
  • SortIToutEA
    432 posts An Exciting Prospect
    greif44 wrote: »
    You get opponent based on your skill, not on their team rating. Which is also **** up, get 20 for win, -40 for loss

You only get -40 if you lost to a player with a much lower ranking points to you.

I seem to get massive gains and tiny rp losses suggesting i am playing higher rp players only in div 4 but this is down to my record i guess.
  • Anarki301
    358 posts Sunday League Hero
    You are right, and don't mind other users pretending that they know how things work, like any other system in this game, matchmaking is pretty basic and not functioning properly, but you can't do anything about it, it's just the way it is. You can look at it from bright side if you wish to, you will eventually improve your play if you play against better teams and better players.
  • So reading these post I have learned that you are matched on your ability (I know this already) but that still does not justify why an 80 rated team gets put against an 84 rated team over 90% of the time does it? Also I appreciate the fact that it will improve my game but losing 10 in a row and not by small margins (mostly down to my morale dropping as soon as I see the other team and thinking what’s the point) but people say that this is right and I should be thankful that I can play a game which is so great (must work for E.A) simple solution is fix it I’m not an expert but it’s an easy fix which requires simple rules match the player match the team if I lose I will accept it but at least I lost on fair grounds.