My FIFA review

SeanDCFC
2372 posts Fans' Favourite
I haven't bought the game but have played it a lot at a friends house over the last few days and this game can be summed up in a few quick points:

1.Deflections- deflections in this game are just horrible, you are rewarded for misplacing passes and may as well just aimlessly shooting anywhere around the box as 9 times out of 10 you will get a corner anyway. These deflections are not random as the attacking team gets rewarded the vast majority of times, this is another way for EA to create their "dramatic moments". There will be a least 1 goal every game that will come as a direct result of a deflection.

2. Corners- And deflections bring us on to corners, near post corners are just horrible on this game and this was a problem in previous FIFA's, who the hell are the QA testers on this game? This takes literally 5 minutes of testing to see that it is broken.

And that my friends is FIFA 19 summed up, there is very little else of substance to this game.

Comments

• CharlieC
    6195 posts Big Money Move
    Thanks for taking the time Sean. I agree but you forgot to mention tackling, shooting, penalties, o/h kicks and bad refereeing decisions. Otherwise its a great game that will go down in computer gaming history!
  • SeanDCFC
    CharlieC wrote: »
    Thanks for taking the time Sean. I agree but you forgot to mention tackling, shooting, penalties, o/h kicks and bad refereeing decisions. Otherwise its a great game that will go down in computer gaming history!

I put deflections in the same bracket as tackling as usually that is the source of the defection, same with shooting. Haven't played enough to get many penalties, only had one I think and yeah refs are shocking, I should have included that.
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    tone aside, there is a lot of truth to this.
  • Ash Ketchum
    629 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have personally found this version of fifa to be the best I have played in 4 years. Maybe the playstyle suits me more or something but I like it. The only annoying thing is people keep scoring from corners against me.
  • SeanDCFC
    Gotta update this slightly having played a little more.

A game of FIFA goes something like this-
    edge of the box finesse,
    near post corner,
    deflection,
    edge of the box finesse,
    deflection,
    edge of the box finesse,
    goal,
    kickoff goal,
    edge of the box finesse,
    deflection,
    near post corner,
    overhead kick,
    goal etc etc.

Glad I haven't bought this, it's horrible. Every game plays the same and the goals are almost identical, so so boring. If you've played one game of FIFA you've played them all.