Pitch Notes | FUT Champions Rewards

EA_Andy
1984 posts EA Community Manager
edited October 11
d7ahb57xc6zk.png

Want to know when you're going to get your FUT Champions Rewards?

Interested to know how the points work?

Or simply want to know how many player picks you get to choose from?

We've now published our FUT Champions Rewards article which explains all of this.

Please let us know any feedback and questions you have around this and good luck in the Weekend League!
Post edited by EA_Andy on

Comments

• WFCBagnall
    62003 posts Moderator
    edited October 10
    I just find it weird how over a span of a month, overall the red rewards are worse.

Gold 1 a week last year used to get me 12 reds 81+, now it gets me 8 reds from any rank. So I could get 8 under 80 rated cards.

So I could get 88 wins a month compared to someone who gets 56 wins and the only difference is that I get one more of selection a week of 64-80 rated cards. It needs to be tiered better.

Top 100 used to get 44 81+ and an icon, now they get 20 random reds.

Another thing, like Futswap...like league sbcs, the concept is absolutely brilliant, but the excecusion again is absolutely terrible.
  • Färjestad
    1622 posts Play-Off Hero
    Make it 81+ for Gold 3 and above
  • IamFrench
    1034 posts Professional
    I really like this system, it's the first time that I reach the rank Gold 3 and I can not wait to have my 2 packs. B)
  • Arctic_Skill
    60 posts Park Captain
    Is my understanding right that you only have 12 hours to redeem the 2000 WL points earned via WL in order to ensure qualification? If so, that's quite a small time frame that could easily be missed.
  • Littleland95
    15020 posts Moderator
    Need to be possible to redeem on Webapp or Campanion app those WL tokens.
  • FifaTaco
    542 posts An Exciting Prospect

• Blackpoolmonster
    3580 posts National Call-Up
    FifaTaco wrote: »

• gia
    3137 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 10
    Need to be possible to reedem WL-qualification DURING WL.
    makes absolutely no sense that we have do it beforehand.
  • mjs4p
    10258 posts Has That Special Something

• ChrisLFC
    6533 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 10
    @WFCBagnall What is wrong with Futswap?
  • Thorny
    1010 posts Professional
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    I just find it weird how over a span of a month, overall the red rewards are worse.

Gold 1 a week last year used to get me 12 reds 81+, now it gets me 8 reds from any rank. So I could get 8 under 80 rated cards.

So I could get 88 wins a month compared to someone who gets 56 wins and the only difference is that I get one more of selection a week of 64-80 rated cards. It needs to be tiered better.

Another thing, like Futswap...like league sbcs, the concept is absolutely brilliant, but the excecusion again is absolutely terrible.

As much as you get less cards with no rating, you now get an option of which ones you chose. You now select 8 out of a possible 24 compared to a set 12.

Personally, the lowered quantity recieved isn’t an issue due to the selection addition.

I do however agree there should be some form of minimum rating such as 81+ though, but I guess it would be relatively unsustainable right now with weaker totes early on?

I also agree Gold 2 up to Elite 1 require tiering considerably better.
  • gia
    3137 posts National Call-Up
    Thorny wrote: »

As much as you get less cards with no rating, you now get an option of which ones you chose. You now select 8 out of a possible 24 compared to a set 12.

Personally, the lowered quantity recieved isn’t an issue due to the selection addition.

I do however agree there should be some form of minimum rating such as 81+ though, but I guess it would be relatively unsustainable right now with weaker totes early on?

you don't 8 out of 24, but 2x 4 out of 24. Which is much worse, because you're most likely getting the four weakest cards twice, as their card weight is certainly higher.
  • WFCBagnall
    62003 posts Moderator

No. You're picking 8 from 92
  • Pay2Lose
    472 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 10
    What so the players from the totw that was actually active during fut champs aren’t available? Also for gold or above are you now potential giving people silvers? If so fut champs will be dead in a month. You seriously need to re-evaluate the rewards if that’s the case? Imagine finishing elite and getting only silvers?!

Fut champs is incredible hard not to mention time consuming. Give the higher ranks a minimum of at least gold cards. This really silly from Ea.
  • Jaymizzo
    2027 posts Fans' Favourite
    We will have to wait and see tomorrow how this all plays out, because the more we speculate, the worse this looks to us.
  • HullCity1904
    875 posts Professional
    Färjestad wrote: »
    Make it 81+ for Gold 3 and above

This... without this we are getting screwed royally compared to last year

You could end up with 8x players in Gold 3 at the end of the month and all be 77 rated... it could genuinely happen and was impossible last year.
  • HullCity1904
    875 posts Professional
    gia wrote: »

you don't 8 out of 24, but 2x 4 out of 24. Which is much worse, because you're most likely getting the four weakest cards twice, as their card weight is certainly higher.

He gets it
  • HullCity1904
    875 posts Professional
    People need to realise the dilution of the red cards from monthly to weekly is a negative for players

it is balanced out by having a set number of players to choose from... creating a new level of permutation

but it then becomes unbalanced once more when you remove the guaranteed 81+ feature.
  • BatmansAGeordie
    1666 posts Play-Off Hero
    Can't get to choose between the 76-78 rated players twice.
  • UoD
    333 posts Sunday League Hero
    @EA_Andy - are there any plans to allow us to see the skill rating of our most recent opponents?

Would be good to see this, even if it is in a form more limited than that in the H2H mode.
  • the update you released today has totally ruined the game for me. why ?
  • Dasco
    6453 posts Big Money Move
    People need to realise the dilution of the red cards from monthly to weekly is a negative for players

it is balanced out by having a set number of players to choose from... creating a new level of permutation

but it then becomes unbalanced once more when you remove the guaranteed 81+ feature.

I agree with this. I'd say what, G3 and up should guarantee an 81 rated and above?

I haven't properly looked at totw, however apparently there's 8 players below 81 rating. That's going to be disappointing if the card weight is reflective of their informs in normal packs.
  • Ryan_P27
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special

100%
  • Why change defending you made attacks much better it was ok and made defending bad why I it was ok the way it was the defending
  • Shoaib15
    609 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I like it that we can receive the rewards through app but also prefer to redeem wl token with the points you earn through weekend league or rivals
  • Please put defending back to what is was before the patch shooting much to strong
  • Thorny
    1010 posts Professional

No. You're picking 8 from 92

Yes you get 8/92, but you also have a greater number of options than 12 to chose from. Theoretically you could likely have a better 8 than you previous 12 supplied as you now get a choice. It’ll just depend on duplicate selections each week and the drop rates of each player.
  • Thorny
    1010 posts Professional
    gia wrote: »

It’s completely variant on the odds on each player and how low they make the top rated players. If it’s more random, then it’ll be considerably less likely to get duplicate pick options each week. This week will tell I suppose, but people are acting as if they didn’t get cannon fodder before this change? I legit never got anything of use during the regular season in monthlies, so don’t see this change as a downgrade personally and like the selection idea.
  • HekTic_JukeZ
    2349 posts Fans' Favourite
    81+ for IF packs.

Make player picks not have dupes if there won't be minimum rating.
  • Is my understanding right that you only have 12 hours to redeem the 2000 WL points earned via WL in order to ensure qualification? If so, that's quite a small time frame that could easily be missed.
    Just happened to me, cant play this weekend....