Rivals

Theprogamerjay
357 posts Sunday League Hero
How many points did it take to reach rank 1 in div 6 last week? Currently i have 21000 points.

Comments

• grafyfoxcr7
    237 posts Sunday League Hero
    More around 27
  • grafyfoxcr7
    More around 27

I had around 35 tho . On the day before the rewards the score was 27 so maybe reached around 30
  • Theprogamerjay
    Ok thanks @grafyfoxcr7
  • NickPompey
    57 posts Park Captain
    I’m on 25k in div 5.. should be enough seeing as currently on 21k ?
  • grafyfoxcr7
    NickPompey wrote: »
    I’m on 25k in div 5.. should be enough seeing as currently on 21k ?

25 I'm about same ..but I guess I'll play 3-4 matches to be sure
  • NickPompey
    57 posts Park Captain
    Can’t see it getting to anywhere near 25 to be honest
  • At the moment Rank 1 in Div 6 is 16,750 points. I can't imagine it will get to 21,000 in the next 17 hours
    (but don't sue me if it does...)
    It could be that as the Divisions sort themselves out, there are far less very good players in the lower divisions, so the points scored (and thus the required amount to get top 15%) are less.
  • Theprogamerjay
    @EricVanDerek yeah, this is offtopic but last year i got to wl almost every week and got to division 2 once too, but now i am struggling in division 6 facing sweats every game. I know the ranking system isn’t the same but.
  • Tommygunn
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    @EricVanDerek yeah, this is offtopic but last year i got to wl almost every week and got to division 2 once too, but now i am struggling in division 6 facing sweats every game. I know the ranking system isn’t the same but.

Early days it’ll even itself out eveyone will find their level
  • A few random thoughts from the murky rat-infested bowels of Rivals - also known as Div 6...

I've got an 87 rated La Liga team, but all the cheap (ie slow) options - Icardi, Modric, Casemiro, Rakitic, Godin. I'm also fighting relegation (indeed I can't imagine I'll escape the drop).

In about thirty games this week I've noticed:
    - I faced one all-Ajax team; the rest were all very similar - either 4-3-3, 4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2, with hard midfielders (Kondogbia, Serri, Ndidi etc), fast wide men / wingers (Lucas 80% of the time, Bernard, etc) and usually pace up front (Rodrigo).
    - only twice have I come across sides that are over 84 rated (some have bronze benches). I have my suspicions that the game builds in a benefit to a lower-rated team, but that may just be me grasping for excuses
    - everyone plays high pressure (except me...). Even the couple who didn't start out that way change after about 10 minutes game time.
    - I get bullied off the ball all the time. This is my main frustration - so many tackles through my player from behind aren't called up for a foul. I often notice the impact high pressure has on the oppo's stamina, but in my view it's too little too late (only really kicking in after 80 minutes)
    - I try to play a patient possession-based game (using 4-4-1-1), but faced with their massed loosed dogs of war, one slight slip and I'm in big trouble

That said, I've only twice been outplayed - I'm a pretty decent defender, so to concede more than 2 goals is unusual. My problem is more that it's hard to score goals when your players have broken legs...

Other than the OP pressure, and the paucity of fouls given for tackles from behind, I'm pretty happy with the balance of the game play (certainly far more than the previous 2 editions of FIFA). Pacey players used well will out-run slow players, but it's not so OP that I can't counter it using other tactics.

Oh - and I just wish that opponents would be a bit more imaginative with their kits - one black and one dark navy is not ideal....
  • - the rest were all very similar - either 4-3-3, 4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2, with hard midfielders , fast wide men / wingers and usually pace up front.
    Typically, the very first game after posting this, I came across my first 3 at the back in Div 6, with a different selection of players (the first time I'd seen James Rodriguez this FIFA for instance).
    Disappointingly, although they started no pressure, that was soon changed - but I guess I can't have everything.

Let's see if that posting hex still works...
    I've never packed an Icon.

That game was also a clear indication that I don't have what it takes to be a pro player - at 1-1 in the 70th minute, his defender gave away a penalty for a completely innocuous challenge where the ball was going out of play anyway. I blasted it wide, as it didn't feel right scoring from such a decision.
    Can't imagine too many pro players doing that... ;-)
  • I don’t mind the sweats I can deal with it but I hate the i score or they score ..timeout and magically the connection gets worse and lag starts ...
    Ugh 😑
  • Detorre23
    806 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2018
    Oh and when I lose it’s 70% to 2-3 headers a game ...OP much
  • Theprogamerjay
    Just played for a couple of hours and this time the games actually went good. I won like 7 out of 10 and got promoted to div 5. In one game tho i was leading 2-0 and opponent quit but i got a loss from it...