Timed finishing is the way to go... or nah?

Tsarov
2827 posts Fans' Favourite
So, what's your opinion after playing almost two weeks of FIFA 19?

From my perspective 'traditional' finishing is so far very difficult, even if you are using top tier strikers. I've no idea whether switch to the timed finishing will improve that aspect, but it would be very reasonable.

So far haven't tried it, except demo, but I'll give it a go in Squad Battles.

Comments

• FaintJOEY1
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I turned it off and don’t find any difference really
  • robrau83
    190 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Turned it off, no problem scoring goals.
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    I only use it for long shot sometimes
  • Snadeau
    1052 posts Professional
    Need it for the OP finesse long shots
  • Maverick
    4738 posts National Call-Up
    Didn't use it. Went 14-3 this past WL for comparisons sake.

I'm going to turn it on and practice using it with long shots (specifically finesse) to see if it makes a difference.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    I have it on, but don’t use it.
  • Carswell
    7988 posts League Winner
    Once you learn to use it it’s beneficial IMO.
  • Whoman
    5305 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2018
    Just as an FYI: You can simply leave it on and still shoot 'normal' whenever you want, no need to actually switch it off. If that 2nd button press isn't triggered, the game will simply treat the shot as if the feature is not turned on. That way you can still give it a whirl if you are comfortably ahead or behind and slowly get a grip on it ideally.
  • Sercs
    18470 posts World Class
    Whoman wrote: »
    Just as an FYI: You can simply leave it on and still shoot 'normal' whenever you want, no need to actually switch it off. If that 2nd button press isn't triggered, the game will simply treat the shot as if the feature is not turned on. That way you can still give it a whirl if you are comfortably ahead or behind and slowly get a grip on it ideally.

You can but if you press shoot again after the first time you mess it up so bad lol
  • samthederbyram
    1199 posts Professional
    @Carswell teach me 😂 people score so many headers on me using this it’s unreal I power up and by the time I’ve pressed it once the shot is already flying to the top of the stand ffs
  • FaintJOEY1
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    How can you tell they are using it ?
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    3957 posts National Call-Up
    turned it off as well
  • Tof33z
    5727 posts Big Money Move
    fifa community turning down probably the biggest single exploit int he game right now..... times have changed
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    FaintJOEY1 wrote: »

They won’t score.
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    3957 posts National Call-Up
    FaintJOEY1 wrote: »

They won’t score.

lol
  • nitraw
    2076 posts Fans' Favourite
    ive scored a few goals with this recently. i find myself trying to use it on practically every shot which is not the way to go. seems to be very useful when you have the time for it so to speak so those long shots or those finesse shots. ive used it to with good results for headers here and there and regular shots in the box. again, you gotta have a little space and time to use it.

with that said, can i tell you that its really making that much of a difference? i didnt use it the first week of the launch at all and i was scoring some nice goals anyway.
  • WillianDollaBaby
    623 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Its incredible once you learn how to get it properly, especially with finesse shots.
  • TomOTW
    651 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I've turned it off and I'm still scoring long range finesse (just buy Bale), I just found I was messing it up more than succeeding, especially when in/around the box, and it was costing me games.

It just feels like positioning, shot choice & power is what determines if I score or not now, rather than relying on some freak of nature shot pinging the bar on its way in
  • ORANGEeffect05
    19396 posts World Class
    Carswell wrote: »
    Once you learn to use it it’s beneficial IMO.

Found the finesse spammer 👀
  • Fab
    17513 posts World Class
    its for real beasts
  • GL
    5880 posts Big Money Move
    it feels rewarding when you hit a perfectly timed shot and it sails in postage stamp corner but that feeling passes in a split second when you realise you don't enjoy scoring bs goals that are borderline undeserved
  • Shutup
    2310 posts Fans' Favourite
    Only relevant outside the box
  • AFWard
    902 posts Semi-Pro
    This is only my experience because in 18 I did a lot of low driven shots (same button combination) as timed finish.

Been struggling to score because I kept doing timed finish instead of low driven shot. Turned off TF and I'm scoring more now.