Prime Icon SBC discussion

TimRUFC
3219 posts National Call-Up
Are we going to see prime icon SBCs again this year with the amount of icons being raised so much? What are people’s thoughts and will people be doing them again if so? Personally I think they are a great way for people to attain icons that they wouldn’t necessarily be able to in coinage. I finished last year with Larsson, ADP and Zanetti which I was very pleased with as would have taken me a lot longer to buy these players instead of using untradeables

Comments

• TTAZ
    1818 posts Play-Off Hero
    I feel like they made EA a lot of money and was probably was of the most hyped thing about 18, so logically they should be in the game. Regardless though I'm sure some big sbcs will come soon (hopefully primes) to clear the market and give people more reason to buy packs. With no sbcs all the meta icons will be insanely high prices for the whole year
  • Campino
    26234 posts Player of the Year
    I think they will yeah
  • TimRUFC
    Think they also would help balance the market, I mean players like 84 Ruffier selling for 1.6k is going to make someone a hell of a lot of coins if they do :grimace:
  • TORZADO
    5122 posts Big Money Move
    They need to as players apart from the big names will be worthless making buying packs worthless
  • TimRUFC
    Agreed
    TORZADO wrote: »
    They need to as players apart from the big names will be worthless making buying packs worthless

• Meroblastic91
    426 posts An Exciting Prospect
    They could offer icon Sbcs as a "player pick", with 5 options in a certain range.
  • TimRUFC
    See I thought this myself but how the hell would they make it fair? I mean certain primes even tho the same rating are way higher priced than others
    They could offer icon Sbcs as a "player pick", with 5 options in a certain range.

• SupaNoodle1990
    25976 posts Player of the Year
    I think they’ll do them, but they won’t let us know when.
  • WillianDollaBaby
    623 posts An Exciting Prospect
    TimRUFC wrote: »
    See I thought this myself but how the hell would they make it fair? I mean certain primes even tho the same rating are way higher priced than others

Yes but in general the prices of the higher rated prime SBC's required the same amount of icons and IF's/rating.
  • TimRUFC

Yes but in general the prices of the higher rated prime SBC's required the same amount of icons and IF's/rating.

Agreed but then you have to look at players like Zanetti and Inzaghi being the same rating at Petit who was over 1m when he came out. Just on example but it’s EA and I’m sure they’d find a way to do us over. Prime SBCs are what made last years game that bit more popular even if they cocked up a bit with the timescale of them which is now sorted with them all available from the start through packs
  • jenksiee123
    20593 posts Club Captain
    Hopefully starting this Thursday
  • TimRUFC
    Fingers crossed hope they price them reasonably like last year then I’ll have a few come the end

• jenksiee123
    20593 posts Club Captain
    Fingers crossed hope they price them reasonably like last year then I’ll have a few come the end

They need to change the requirements at certain points as well. Bergkamp was like a mill to do but at times you could buy him for half the price off the market.
  • Tsarov
    2775 posts Fans' Favourite
    They will. They have to decrease Icons prices and what's more important - keep value of high rated NIF players.
  • Asht1981
    938 posts Professional
    They best I have 20 if Maguire and if arsenal cdm to flog when the times right could also be needed for potm so edged my bets
  • BcfcDale88
    3610 posts National Call-Up
    First one is dropping tonight.
  • WFCBagnall
    67206 posts Moderator
    I wonder if they'll be repeatable this year?
  • Mc
    3801 posts National Call-Up
    BcfcDale88 wrote: »

No chance. Champions league MM tonight
  • GL
    5120 posts Big Money Move
    Mc wrote: »

But there's no Champions league this week
  • '96dc2
    8890 posts League Winner

Lol
  • WFCBagnall
    67206 posts Moderator
    GL wrote: »

But there's no Champions league this week

:D
  • BcfcDale88

Yeah because of all those champions league games what’s on this week
  • Meroblastic91
    426 posts An Exciting Prospect

well..
  • LFC Simon 98
    15707 posts World Class

well..

QUICK. Make a prediction that they makes the next ones cost 50k
  • mggege17
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    which icons?
  • Navraat
    2992 posts National Call-Up

@BcfcDale88 you know something ..
  • BcfcDale88
    Navraat wrote: »

@BcfcDale88 you know something ..

Just a wild guess mate!
  • Dan is Clutch
    23294 posts Club Captain

well..

It was in the code weeks ago. :joy: