Tackling

mjs4p
12305 posts Has That Special Something
Ok, this may be a stupid question, but I’m really struggling with it. What button(s) is the best way to tackle? B seems to send my players lunging after nothing, and sliding only works in certain situations. How do people have most of their success defending? Thanks!

Comments

  • Azof
    20418 posts Club Captain
    just control the cdm and let the ai do it for you
  • Whoman
    6051 posts Big Money Move
    mjs4p wrote: »
    Ok, this may be a stupid question, but I’m really struggling with it. What button(s) is the best way to tackle? B seems to send my players lunging after nothing, and sliding only works in certain situations. How do people have most of their success defending? Thanks!

    Get close, then tap (!) B. Holding it for longer should only be used in specific situations.
  • mjs4p
    12305 posts Has That Special Something
    Whoman wrote: »
    mjs4p wrote: »
    Ok, this may be a stupid question, but I’m really struggling with it. What button(s) is the best way to tackle? B seems to send my players lunging after nothing, and sliding only works in certain situations. How do people have most of their success defending? Thanks!

    Get close, then tap (!) B. Holding it for longer should only be used in specific situations.

    I’ll give it a whirl. I seem to miss the ball constantly but everyone I play against seems to have it figured out!
  • krakos000
    18089 posts World Class
    Azof wrote: »
    just control the cdm and let the ai do it for you

    Unfortunately this. I tried this for 2 games in a row, I won both without conceding fairly easily. When I try to manually tackle it only works about half of the time unless I'm using cannavaro.
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    5168 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2018
    mjs4p wrote: »
    Whoman wrote: »
    mjs4p wrote: »
    Ok, this may be a stupid question, but I’m really struggling with it. What button(s) is the best way to tackle? B seems to send my players lunging after nothing, and sliding only works in certain situations. How do people have most of their success defending? Thanks!

    Get close, then tap (!) B. Holding it for longer should only be used in specific situations.

    I’ll give it a whirl. I seem to miss the ball constantly but everyone I play against seems to have it figured out!

    This is exactly how i feel. Every person i play is like a genius, and I feel like I'm playing fifa for the first time. It's gonna take a lot for me to get good this fifa.

    Edit: i went from top 100 in sb last year to can't beat any team 82 and above on legendary. Anything below i can beat, just not score 5 yet.
Sign In or Register to comment.