Overhead Kicks To Near Post From Corners... - EA TONE DOWN!!

blue166
1051 posts Professional
Hi,

I am sick of playing people almost looking for corners by taking long shots so my keeper puts it around the post and out for a corner. They are then attempting overhead kicks from the near post with a floated corner ball. This is a rotten tactic because of the accuracy of these overhead kicks.

EA please fix - It just looks plain stupid with no error.

@EA_Andy

Comments

• S-Dog
    2889 posts National Call-Up
    I've never conceded one
  • blue166
    1051 posts Professional
    S-Dog wrote: »
    I've never conceded one

Are you scoring them then?

I have played loads of people in seasons trying these constantly!

It's no fluke.
  • GoonerSoldier
    422 posts Sunday League Hero
    It is not people exploiting the game. The issue stems from previous versions. In Fifa 18 and others past you would hold down L2 to position and look at the ball coming in. In Fifa 19 holding down L2 as an attacking player allows for a very EASY acrobatic attempt on shooting. This is why there are soooooooooo many shaolin soccer type goals being scored.
  • EA_Andy
    3378 posts EA Staff (retired)
    I've never conceded one

Found it quite interesting in Weekend League. I played all 30 games and didn't concede from a single corner even with people trying the near post tactic.

On the flip side I also didn't score any which was a shame.

My tactic was to control my tallest player and run towards the near post if the ball looked like going there to get there first.
  • MaldinisHeir
    374 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2018
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    My tactic was to control my tallest player and run towards the near post if the ball looked like going there to get there first.

I do this as well and have no problems. It’s actually neat because it gives you control.
  • blue166
    1051 posts Professional
    I've never conceded one

Found it quite interesting in Weekend League. I played all 30 games and didn't concede from a single corner even with people trying the near post tactic.

In the meantime I will take control of a tall player and move them to the area where the opponent will look to place the ball. I hope the devs tone it down though. I know Ronaldo and Bale scored an overhead kick each last season but to see them most games takes the special feel away from it.
  • Dave2829
    239 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah it ridicoulus when youve got cb scoreing overhead kicks lol
  • EA_Andy
    blue166 wrote: »
    I've never conceded one

In the meantime I will take control of a tall player and move them to the area where the opponent will look to place the ball. I hope the devs tone it down though. I know Ronaldo and Bale scored an overhead kick each last season but to see them most games takes the special feel away from it.

I get that, and we have passed that feedback on so we'll have to see if any changes are made from that.

For now though your tallest player will hopefully be able to combat that as needed and it will make your opponent have to think differently about their corners.
  • blue166
    1051 posts Professional
    I've never conceded one

I get that, and we have passed that feedback on so we'll have to see if any changes are made from that.

For now though your tallest player will hopefully be able to combat that as needed and it will make your opponent have to think differently about their corners.

Appreciate the feedback getting passed on.

Yeah, like you say I will move the tallest player I can find to that sweet spot area in the meantime.

Thanks,
  • munchie63
    3665 posts National Call-Up
    Frustrating as hell. Happens most games
  • blue166
    1051 posts Professional
    edited October 2018
    munchie63 wrote: »
    Frustrating as hell. Happens most games

This appears to be annoying a lot of people. The frequency is just too often.

@EA_Andy - Can the overhead kick be toned down without an actual patch? Hot fix as such?
  • Gazza8484
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I've never conceded one

Andy, can we expect that EA will fix it within the end of November at least?
  • blue166
    1051 posts Professional
    Gazza8484 wrote: »
    I've never conceded one

Andy, can we expect that EA will fix it within the end of November at least?

To be honest. If I continue to see people trying it as a cheap way of scoring I might step away from FIFA for a while. At least until I hear it has been reduced. Its the talk of the town currently.
  • blue166
    1051 posts Professional
    edited October 2018
    This is what should happen more often if anyone tries...

Chiesa bicycle kick vs Ukraine - Baloon over the row Z
    Post edited by blue166 on
  • Rossi1000
    525 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Played a few games tonight after the patch only saw 2 over heads and they were timed from a cross in those games ... felt it may have been toned down ? As two days ago everything was a overhead kick including clearing the ball and corners
  • blue166
    1051 posts Professional
    Just a reminder for people to make sure they move a player to the edge of 6 yard box near post to ensure they do what they can to prevent the overhead kick from corners.

Hope it helps.
  • Adifunky
    881 posts Semi-Pro
    Won a game yesterday with a 25 yard bicycle kick..... with David Luiz! Didn't even mean to do it. I didn't deserve to win but it's the 92nd minute and literally everything goes in.
  • blue166
    1051 posts Professional
    Adifunky wrote: »
    Won a game yesterday with a 25 yard bicycle kick..... with David Luiz! Didn't even mean to do it. I didn't deserve to win but it's the 92nd minute and literally everything goes in.

It is a joke isn't it.

@EA_Andy
  • blue166
    1051 posts Professional
    @EA_Andy

Ok these overhead kick goals from crosses, corners etc... seems like Turn to to goal for a lot of players online higher up the divisions. Do we know if EA is going to nerf this? The way you can just throw a ball in and get 100% accuracy is getting silly. It really is spoiling the game. Well that coupled with high pressure.
  • WryLucky
    4287 posts National Call-Up
    I've never conceded one

How about having a couple of my tallest players and my goalkeeper beaten by 5'9" Lacazette?
  • EA_Andy
    @EA_Andy

Ok these overhead kick goals from crosses, corners etc... seems like Turn to to goal for a lot of players online higher up the divisions. Do we know if EA is going to nerf this? The way you can just throw a ball in and get 100% accuracy is getting silly. It really is spoiling the game. Well that coupled with high pressure.

We've seen the feedback and it's been passed onto the team as I believe I mentioned before. Any changes would need to be made in a patch so keep an eye out for patch notes.

I don't have any specifics about what is or isn't going into the patch yet, or what changes will be made but feedback continues to be passed on.
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    If defenders can do overhead kicks on corners you're clearly don't even test your games.
  • maksi
    The only solution is to manually move your goalkeeper on corners.
  • blue166
    1051 posts Professional
    maksi wrote: »
    The only solution is to manually move your goalkeeper on corners.

Agreed. But it doesn't fix the issue. Of course it helps in the meantime.
  • maksi
    edited October 2018
    wrong topic
  • blue166
    1051 posts Professional
    So I watched some PES 2019 gameplay on there equivalent to H2H Seasons last night. It was pretty refreshing I have to say as there pressure system seems much more balanced in realistic looking as opposed to that pulsing effect that happens on FIFA where the AI is almost humping you to win the ball instantly.

Anyways...

It was interesting to see someone attempt an overhead kick with Neymar on the edge of the 18 yard box and he miss connected with the ball and in rolled to the goalkeeper to pick up. Now on FIFA this same attempt time and time again would fly into the top corner with the GK just watching it.

This needs addressed and ASAP. Could almost call it gamebreaking with the amount of complaints with it being used constantly.

I mean it was freak in 1 season last year to see Ronaldo and Bale scored one each. Who thought it would be a good idea to make this so easy and so frequent on FIFA 2019. And what testers didn't spot this and say "That's to easy to score" It really annoys me. Really does.

10 year olds might find it fun scoring 5 overhead kicks a game BUT THATS NOT FOOTBALL! - WHAT ARE WE TRYING TO CREATE HERE? Might aswell stick the old rainbow trail behind the kick again like FIFA used to. Are we headed there again? If so I buy PES now!

Arrggghhh... Yes I know this has been passed onto the devs. But arrrggghhhhhh a fix can't come quick enough.
  • MaldinisHeir
    374 posts Sunday League Hero
    So I watched some PES 2019 gameplay on there equivalent to H2H Seasons last night. It was pretty refreshing I have to say as there pressure system seems much more balanced in realistic looking as opposed to that pulsing effect that happens on FIFA where the AI is almost humping you to win the ball instantly.

Anyways...

It was interesting to see someone attempt an overhead kick with Neymar on the edge of the 18 yard box and he miss connected with the ball and in rolled to the goalkeeper to pick up. Now on FIFA this same attempt time and time again would fly into the top corner with the GK just watching it.

This needs addressed and ASAP. Could almost call it gamebreaking with the amount of complaints with it being used constantly.

I mean it was freak in 1 season last year to see Ronaldo and Bale scored one each. Who thought it would be a good idea to make this so easy and so frequent on FIFA 2019. And what testers didn't spot this and say "That's to easy to score" It really annoys me. Really does.

10 year olds might find it fun scoring 5 overhead kicks a game BUT THATS NOT FOOTBALL! - WHAT ARE WE TRYING TO CREATE HERE? Might aswell stick the old rainbow trail behind the kick again like FIFA used to. Are we headed there again? If so I buy PES now!

Arrggghhh... Yes I know this has been passed onto the devs. But arrrggghhhhhh a fix can't come quick enough.

I know a lot of people say they've seen too many overhead kicks but since the patch I've not seen any. Has it not been toned down by now?
  • blue166
    1051 posts Professional

Anyways...

I know a lot of people say they've seen too many overhead kicks but since the patch I've not seen any. Has it not been toned down by now?

Oh I have seen people attempt them alright online. The error correction on them is much much better now.