edited October 2018
    4/5
  • Chris
    5386 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2018
    5/5
  • Danimal5981
    2170 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not a new beginning, but THE new beginning. The title is promising enough, good luck!
  • Chris
    edited October 2018
    Nvm lmao
    Not a new beginning, but THE new beginning. The title is promising enough, good luck!

Thanks man

• Chris
    Thanks. For reference I'll be using a lot of my old GFX as templates, realized they're similar to the ones Ashy is currently using, just in case people think I'm copying him.

I think this may be a bit slow to start because of uni and holidays coming up but soon I'll get the gears rolling.
  • Wyojasond
    11251 posts Has That Special Something
    Chris wrote: »
    Thanks. For reference I'll be using a lot of my old GFX as templates, realized they're similar to the ones Ashy is currently using, just in case people think I'm copying him.

I think this may be a bit slow to start because of uni and holidays coming up but soon I'll get the gears rolling.

Welcome back man!
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Good luck!! Nice to see you here again. :)
  • Ashy
    9560 posts League Winner
    Good luck dude, glad you are back. I remember your old templates they are good, my templates are usually just copies of real life websites designs anyway so yeah
  • Stlducks
    1443 posts Professional
    Good luck, I'm excited to see how you can turn Sunderland around and hopefully make it to the top.
  • Chris
    subpop wrote: »
    Good luck!! Nice to see you here again. :)
    Thanks man
    Ashy wrote: »
    Good luck dude, glad you are back. I remember your old templates they are good, my templates are usually just copies of real life websites designs anyway so yeah
    Yeah fair, I think it was back in like FIFA 14, Dean shared a Photoshop file as a template which I couldn't even use because I didn't have PS haha, so I just adapted to Powerpoint
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Good luck, I'm excited to see how you can turn Sunderland around and hopefully make it to the top.
    Ty dude
    Chris wrote: »

Welcome back man!

Thanks dude
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Good luck man! Solid challenge ahead..
  • Chris
    Thanks for all the comments but I've decided to change it to West Ham. Big reason being I like to just chip away at my Sunderland career mode when I get a chance and I won't have time to also update this thread every time, so having a Career Mode where I can go slower would be better for me.

Also if I'm only updating it slowly it would take too long to get through the Sunderland one.

Thanks.
  • Chris
    Also for the sake of the story, the summer transfers West Ham have made will be kept in however they will have happened in the last season, either last January or the Summer before.
  • JoshDFC
    2017 posts Fans' Favourite
    Good luck with this West Ham I'm guessing from the first post the academy will be used. West Ham have an excellent track record for using home grown players
  • Chris
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Good luck with this West Ham I'm guessing from the first post the academy will be used. West Ham have an excellent track record for using home grown players

Yeah I'll be bringing in two or three players to adapt the team to my formation but main focus will be on young players and the scouting network
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    I got some catching up to do, so I thought I would start here since it's still in the early stages. :)

As a neutral when it comes to the Premier League, I tried to like West Ham but Andy Caroll disappoints. I always thought he could be a Giroud type player for England, but the guy can't stay healthy. Think it's a mental thing. Good luck with West Ham, hopefully they'll reach their potential in this universe. :)
  • Wyojasond
    11251 posts Has That Special Something
    Like the West ham switch. Another interesting team that’s got some solid players
  • Chris
    Thanks guys
  • Chris
    For the purpose of this Career Mode, and with the emphasis on growing the academy, and developing Home Grown players, I will be reserving the transfer made over the summer for West Ham irl, except for Ryan Federicks and Jack Wilshere

Issa Diop > Toulouse
    Lukasz Fabianski > Swansea
    Sebastian Nebyla > Spartak
    Andriy Yarmolenko > Dortmund
    Fabian Balbuena > Cortinthians
    Felipe Anderson > Lazio
    Xande Silva > Vitoria Guimaraes
    Lucas Perez > Arsenal
    Carlos Sanchez > Fiorentina
  • Chris
    edited October 2018
    k4tW70U.png
    30th May 2018

West Ham United can confirm that David Moyes has left the Club following the end of his short-term contract.

The 55-year-old arrived at London Stadium in November, with the sole objective of ensuring the Hammers’ Premier League status. The Club can also confirm that his assistants Alan Irvine, Stuart Pearce and Billy McKinlay have departed with immediate effect. West Ham United would like to place on record their gratitude for the hard work David Moyes displayed in order to avoid relegation over the past season. When David Moyes was appointed, it was the wish of both parties that the only focus of the contract was to see out the season, and from then a further decision would be made, and now the club has decided its time to move in a different direction.

Speaking to the press, joint chairman David Sullivan said:
    I would like to place on record my sincere thanks to David Moyes and his staff for achieving the target of keeping West Ham United in the Premier League. When we moved to the London Stadium, it was meant to mark a new era here at West Ham, and up until now that hasn't been the case, despite the high calibre signings and significant investment. We, as a club, have made the decision to take the club in a different route, and shift our focus to what made this club great all those years ago; its footballing academy, and its ability to cherry pick homegrown players from around the British Isle's and turn them into Premier League standard footballers, and as such, our next appointment will reflect this ambition.
    No further comment will be made from the club until the appointment of a new manager.