The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.
------------------
Note: The SBCs issue has been resolved, details posted on this thread in a tweet from FIFA Direct Communication.

OT : Xbox one issue -shuts down after 5 seconds

TheRaq
143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Alright guys, not sure if it's perfect place for thread like this, but this forum never let me down and there are a lot of people using Xbox, so since I'm kinda desperate at the moment I decided to give it a try. Maybe someone had a similar experience and would be able to help me in any way (sorry for any language mistakes, English is not my native, so just gonna try to make my post as clear and simple as I can).

I own an Xbox One since I belive 3,5 year. Using it pretty much only for FIFA (and some Forza games) and it never let me down until yesterday. So in the evening I turned the consol off (using the "always-on" I belive, the thing you press the Xbox button on a pad and "Turn off the console" - I usually do it that way), and the next day when I was trying to turn it on, there's just a beep sound, the Xbox logo on the console lights up and after like 4-5 seconds there's another "beep" and it shuts down. The light on the brick is orange, when I turn on the console it changes to white for the few seconds and when the console shuts down it goes back to orange.

Warranty has already expired so more likely I'm going to give the console to someone who repairs consoles etc, but before I do so I want to get as much info as possible. From what I've found in the internet it might be the brick issue (would probably be the cheapest to fix), maybe something is wrong with a soft or maybe it's a motherboard?

Anyone has any tip? I've found a video on youtube with the exact same situation, so gonna link it here.

Any help would be much appreciated, since I have 2-3 weeks of a bit spare time and can't get myself lost in the new FIFA and Forza :< maybe someone knows exactly what the issue is and what could be the price of fixing it?

Cheers!

Comments

• Ulook92
    14118 posts Has That Special Something
    I have no idea.

Just came in here to say im sick of mine always turning itself on randomly. Il wake up at 8am and it will be on.
  • Crossland
    9095 posts League Winner
    Had the same problem and i put a hair dryer up to the vents and blew out all the dust and turned it on and it worked worth a go
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26213 posts Player of the Year
    Resetting the power brick might work, google it, it’s teally easy to do.
  • Crossland
    9095 posts League Winner
    Failing that I’d try a new power brick before I sent it away ;)
  • TheRaq
    Alright thanks for the suggestions, didn't try the hairdryer method, tried A LOT of different ones tho and didn't work out. Resetting the power brick was one of the first things I've done. Got tilited already and brought it to a guy who repapirs consoles etc so gonna have to wait now anyway. Thanks a lot guys, hope it's not gonna be anything serious. Cheers!
  • Crossland
    9095 posts League Winner
    Good luck bro,keep us updated ;)
  • TheRaq
    Crossland wrote: »
    Good luck bro,keep us updated ;)

Thanks bro, I will! :)
  • Richie
    2623 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have that issue all the time if I switch my Xbox off at the mains.
    I have to try and 'catch' the xbox on a full reset (Hold the power button down for 10 seconds) then try turn it on again, usually works for me after a few tries.
  • MaestroPirlo21
    1501 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ulook92 wrote: »
    I have no idea.

Just came in here to say im sick of mine always turning itself on randomly. Il wake up at 8am and it will be on.

You too? I thought only mine does that. My wife is convinced that it is possessed...lol.
  • IDARYL
    5730 posts Big Money Move
    You took it to a guy 30 mins after asking if there's a fix :D.
  • Random Jimmy
    100 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Do you have an external hard drive plugged in? I had this issue on my old Day One Xbox, turns out it was the external drive.
  • TheRaq
    IDARYL wrote: »
    You took it to a guy 30 mins after asking if there's a fix :D.

Well not exactly, I've been searching for a fix whole day, came here late tbh. Still would feel better if I knew what's exactly going on and how much money should I prepare to be able to play FIFA again haha :D
    Do you have an external hard drive plugged in? I had this issue on my old Day One Xbox, turns out it was the external drive.

No I don't, I've also tried all kind of things such as resetting brick, switching hdmi, turning on by pad, plugged in to both monitor and tv and a few others, nothing worked, probably it's a motherboard I'm afraid. Still hope it's just a brick issue, but we'll see.
  • TheRaq
    UPDATE:

so it's PROBABLY the graphics that died, not worth fixing, so just bought a new X1 S :P