Penalties

Topal
3 posts Ball Boy
Have had a quick shifty and can't see this mentioned by anyone else so, at the risk of making myself look a fool ...

In fifa 18 I must have taken around 100 pro club penalties and very rarely missed the target.
I never use much power, if you roll it into the corner it's rare that the keeper will save it.

Which brings me to the point : FIFA 19. I've taken 6 pens so far. 5 of them are still on their way to the Orion nebula and the sixth managed to find its own way into the net off the underside of the bar.

Something is definitely amiss and I'll tell you how I know...

If I take a pen in career mode everything is 'A ok'.
If I take pens in career mode training exercises, no problems.

ONLY Pro Clubs ... and I'm not the only one because I've seen more Ryad Mahrez specials than usual from other players too.

Suggestions anyone?

PS: I've not had the first patch yet ... could that be the culprit?

Comments

• I noticed the same thing in FUT Division Rivals online. There seems to be a bug during the power-up sequence. The power jumps from 3-bars to "skyrocket" immediately. I've missed 100% of the penalties I've attempted so far in FIFA19 where in FIF18 I had a very high conversion percentage. When I went to the skills training in FIFA19 to see if the power-up sequence has changed I made 100% of the practice shots.
  • Topal
    3 posts Ball Boy
    dmcantrell wrote: »
    I noticed the same thing in FUT Division Rivals online. There seems to be a bug during the power-up sequence. The power jumps from 3-bars to "skyrocket" immediately. I've missed 100% of the penalties I've attempted so far in FIFA19 where in FIF18 I had a very high conversion percentage. When I went to the skills training in FIFA19 to see if the power-up sequence has changed I made 100% of the practice shots.

Have you had the patch yet?
    I know several Xbox players who say they have but I'm not one of them.
  • Yup. Same problem here. A little worrying that they have only mentioned fixing free kick power issues in the patch notes. Fingers crossed penalties are sorted too...
  • dezy22
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Had it on a couple of pens myself but I’m convinced it’s due to not having the pk traits on can Any you guys confirm that it still shoots high even with pk traits on
  • I think I remember getting an update last week or something. If you play online it forces you get take the update, correct?
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeah they're definitely broken. Scored 1 and missed 2 or 3 I think. The aiming and power are both super-sensitive, so if you do anything more than tap the power it's over the bar, or any more than a little nudge on the aiming and it's wide. It's definitely not correct.