How important is the passing stat?

DKCena
1717 posts Play-Off Hero
I got a french team with Payet with the highest passing stat (85). My whole team passes like they are in a dark room. They simply cant hit each other. Even simple passes misses most of the time, and it's really really annoying.

I got player likes Tolisso, Rabiot, Kondogbia, Neymar and Yedder. Not the best passers in the world - but they are decent. IMO they should be able to do simple passes.

Has anyone played with players like KDB, Modric, Kroos, who all got high passing stat. Do they pass better? Or is it because the passing is completely broken.

Comments

  • Zv1k0
    6133 posts Big Money Move
    Difference between Lampard's 99 short and long passing(with powerhouse chem style) and Fabinho's 83 and 78 is very noticable.
  • DKCena
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    Difference between Lampard's 99 short and long passing(with powerhouse chem style) and Fabinho's 83 and 78 is very noticable.

    Thanks. Maybe that's some part of my problem then. Will consider to upgrade key positions, when I get the coins :)
  • Tommygunn
    3346 posts National Call-Up
    DKCena wrote: »
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    Difference between Lampard's 99 short and long passing(with powerhouse chem style) and Fabinho's 83 and 78 is very noticable.

    Thanks. Maybe that's some part of my problem then. Will consider to upgrade key positions, when I get the coins :)

    Use different chem styles to increase their passing
  • Charzinho
    119 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The driven pass is garbage this year. So often it will miss completely or bounce off the receiving player
  • RR_A10
    433 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have noticed a difference with the passing stat this year. Especially with through balls. I used Eriksen and his passing was phenomenal in the CAM position.

    However, when I put Firmino at CAM although a great finisher, he did not have the passing capabilities of Eriksen as his passing stats were much lower.
  • thedustman
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Passing stat is super important this year
  • DKCena
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sounds like passing is more important than previous. But imo players like Tolisso and Rabiot should be able to pass better.

    Might try and look for other options.
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class
    thedustman wrote: »
    Passing stat is super important this year

    This. I had strikers that had 60s for passing. Was awful.
  • Shehraj
    5743 posts Big Money Move
    seems more important this year than last
  • RadioShaq
    18671 posts Moderator
    Long passing seems to matter more. Short passing while nerfed from last year is still pretty strong.
  • Thefranchise92
    5663 posts Big Money Move
    I dont rock anyone with less than 80 base card passing. Vision, sp and lip etc all go into it.. unless they're a cdm passing matters for me anyway
  • M@nt!c
    3262 posts National Call-Up
    Maybe stop spamming R2?
  • DKCena
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    Maybe stop spamming R2?

    Always the same in here. People expect everyone are pace abusers.

    I dont use R2 but my players cant pass.

    Comgrats if you dont have the problem.
  • M@nt!c
    3262 posts National Call-Up
    DKCena wrote: »
    Maybe stop spamming R2?

    Always the same in here. People expect everyone are pace abusers.

    I dont use R2 but my players cant pass.

    Comgrats if you dont have the problem.

    Dude i was only trying to help wtf! :smiley:
  • Mmandras
    5730 posts Big Money Move
    I don't see a crucial difference tbh. Passing is just overall harder this year. Aguero has more assists than David Silva ever had. Vision is in your head, you eather have it or not, and assisted passing messes with your ideas often.

    Last year you could see that top ST's like Crespo had the same average assists as Messi.
  • Shehraj
    5743 posts Big Money Move
    Mmandras wrote: »
    I don't see a crucial difference tbh. Passing is just overall harder this year. Aguero has more assists than David Silva ever had. Vision is in your head, you eather have it or not, and assisted passing messes with your ideas often.

    Last year you could see that top ST's like Crespo had the same average assists as Messi.

    has the vision stat ever been relevant? always found it stupid since you choose your passes
  • sounders3
    4492 posts National Call-Up
    Shehraj wrote: »
    Mmandras wrote: »
    I don't see a crucial difference tbh. Passing is just overall harder this year. Aguero has more assists than David Silva ever had. Vision is in your head, you eather have it or not, and assisted passing messes with your ideas often.

    Last year you could see that top ST's like Crespo had the same average assists as Messi.

    has the vision stat ever been relevant? always found it stupid since you choose your passes

    Vision has to do with how accurate no look passes or passes behind the player
  • Mmandras
    5730 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah, you're right.
  • DKCena
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2018
    DKCena wrote: »
    Maybe stop spamming R2?

    Always the same in here. People expect everyone are pace abusers.

    I dont use R2 but my players cant pass.

    Comgrats if you dont have the problem.

    Dude i was only trying to help wtf! :smiley:

    Sorry mate. Im just so frustrated that nothing is working. Passes go north and south most of the times, not hotting the intensed target.
Sign In or Register to comment.