Proposal - solution to rage quit and disconnection unfair results

SVKslato8
417 posts Sunday League Hero
I propose a simple solution to unfair final results when opponent disconnects.
EA devs just need to change the basic principle.
current status:
If one of the opponents leave the game, EA’s dedicated servers immediately end the game and decide the final result based on the score at the moment of disconnection.
poposal goal: count every game and wait 30 seconds to auto-forfeit the game - this is already set in the game.
proposal setup:
1. When one of the opponents disconnects, let the servers to continue the game and behave the same way as the player is not touching any button on controller. developers need to set the servers behaviour for disconnections
There is already a rule in the online games that when you are not acting within 30 seconds you forfeit the game automatically - no need for extra work for developers
EA please just dont end the game on the server as soon as the opponent is disconnected.
disadvantages:
1, game would last 30 more seconds
2, as the auto-forfeit rule lasts 30 seconds in some cases during the last minutes of the game, it would not manage to auto-forfeit by the end of the game.
advantages:
1, no need to set any other rules about how to determine the game results
2, possibilty to finish the game for all fair play players if opponent rage quits
3, fair game result for both players - loss for disconnected player after 30 seconds, win for connected player after 30 seconds, connected player have the possibilty to score a goal against AI with no uset input (every time the AI gets the ball the player will stand and not move)
4, no option to cheat by disconnections

A lot of rage quits occur just before the penalty kick or before goal is scored, and by this setup the players would get a chance to score a penalty or finish ongoing attack.

Does it sound like easy and fair solution?

Comments

• SVKslato8
    no one frustrated by the current final result determination?
  • ICUP
    3911 posts National Call-Up
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    no one frustrated by the current final result determination?

Don't care tbh, only possible because EA devs are trash and people are constantly finding ways around their system.

No loss glitch
    coins glitch
    timer glitch

possibly many more, asking EA to do more work will just create more problems
  • SVKslato8
    Is it really that much extra work? just set the servers to not end the game , probably a few lines of code :)
  • ICUP
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    Is it really that much extra work? just set the servers to not end the game , probably a few lines of code :)

some of us probably said that about defending on release of FIFA 18 and look how that turned out
  • Anarki301
    294 posts Sunday League Hero
    Not really important, but any change would be welcomed, sure.

What buffles me the most is, with all those billions, resources, man power, already having the code, whatever, that every system they have in this game, be it fitness system, dc resolution, where ever you look, it's the most basic system possible, and I mean the very basic of all basic systems, it's just unbelievable to me, idk, it seems to me sometimes that there is like a couple of people working on this whole game, I guess it's not like that, but it sure seems to me sometimes.
  • ICUP
    Anarki301 wrote: »
    Not really important, but any change would be welcomed, sure.

What buffles me the most is, with all those billions, resources, man power, already having the code, whatever, that every system they have in this game, be it fitness system, dc resolution, where ever you look, it's the most basic system possible, and I mean the very basic of all basic systems, it's just unbelievable to me, idk, it seems to me sometimes that there is like a couple of people working on this whole game, I guess it's not like that, but it sure seems to me sometimes.

Works for them tbh, don't give us all the features at once knowing we will come back next year to buy the game with the features they are withholding.

Its like apple whenever they release a new product, they probably could have released the phone like the XS 2 years ago but meh lets throw in tiny specs each year to increase revenue
  • Anarki301
    Works for them, sure, but it doesn't always works for us, but yeah, I get what you are saying.

It's just, some of the things is not even ..., idk, I like basic systems in theory, usually they are good, simple to understand, but some of the EA stuff, it's in some pre-basic state for years, I think for some stuff they don't even think that there is something wrong, that there is something to improve, it's a shame it's like this.
  • SVKslato8
    that's a reason why community should step in and request and propose changes, isn't it?
  • Anarki301
    Absolutely, if I can help you with anything, by all means ...

We can only hope that some form of communicating with the dev team would be possible in the future, and you are right, it will probably need some community incentive and some good ideas about delivery, but can it happen, who knows, maybe.
  • SVKslato8
    there are community managers in EA but I am not sure if they are checking any posts here.
  • Anarki301
    I know, it's a big thing this year, how they call it, transparency, but it looks like bs to me, as is everything now days, it's like a fake life we have to live, everything is about form, there is no substance, and almost nobody cares, it's like people like to live in this fake world, idk, beats me.

For me, growing up, playing video games, we knew all the game designers(creatively or technically) that mattered in industry, they were like heroes to us and for them it was about pride and accomplishment, but now days, everything is done secretly, and even regular, ordinary people, they go about their everyday business in complete secrecy, and yeah it is strange times, some bad people can harass anybody with just a few clicks of their mouse, idk, it's like there is no more middle ground, it's either nothing or everything, meaning nothing most of the times.
  • SVKslato8
    I think you are right but topic wise its on another forum I guess.
    Lets make a voice and lets ask EA devs to do this little step which could make such a difference in players behavior.
  • Hausgaard
    Regarding the disconnection just before a penalty kick (which I hate sooooo much!!), this would be avoided if people acted like gentleman, and the decency to quit after the kick has actually been taken :-(
  • SVKslato8
    I agree, but who should educate the community if not the game developer?
    By my proposal I believe unsport /unfair behavior would slowly be pushed away as they wouldn't have a reason to do it if the game continues.
  • Hausgaard
    Yup! Any thing that will help with this issue, without having any weird side effects, would be most welcome! :-)
  • SVKslato8
    but who knows maybe community doesn't want this and they are happy as it is.
  • SVKslato8
    @EA_Andy can we pass this proposal to devs?