A very promising review for FIFA 16 gameplay (Balance is the Keyword)

The Legend
313 posts Sunday League Hero
Dave from "Futhead.com", made a very nice & promising article about his own impression regarding FIFA 16, based on a direct experience with the current code gameplay.

The article is really making me feel excited about the coming edition as it seems from his review that "Balance" next year is the Keyword. If that's true, then old & loyal gamers like me who has been playing FIFA since 20 years may feel satisfied again after years from feeling down of the game.

http://news.futhead.com/posts/fifa-16/31614-fifa-16-first-gameplay-details

Have ur say ..

Comments

• Dare To Dave
    4441 posts National Call-Up
    Sounds good, but it does every year.
  • bergundytomato
    507 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yeah I was just about to post that here as well. It sounds good but it does that every year.

I am actually glad there is no gimmicky engine or overhauled graphics change. Given the last few years, those aspects can be fixed next year but the conflicting engines need an urgent balance overhaul. It looks hopeful from that point of view.

The thing I read in that post was the fact that EA after understanding there is usually one way which ends up being used by everyone in Fifa titles (I am guessing crossing, etc in 14 and LT+RT pace dribbling this year), are looking to make sure that does not happen. Not having crazy blind passes, a more balanced counter-attacking are definitely good things.

I'll whisper it but i think these little changes are very exciting
  • ukler8
    4779 posts National Call-Up
    People are moaning about the fact that there are not any new features. I am actually glad, this means that they are actually fixing some of the problems that were there this year.
  • Ribasx
    174 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    single mod and online are very different games especially Fut has a different gameplay. I do not care this comments anymore.
  • Mike
    10550 posts Has That Special Something
    The game will be fine for the first week or two and then they will go back to that terrible game engine, happens every year.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Every year there's a patch about a month after release that changes the gameplay. Just imagine how many times they change before release. There are also issues that they don't find after days or weeks of playing this game.

The early release gameplay usually sounds good at first, but a lot of bugs pop up after the game is released.
  • Ribasx
    174 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Rumplefish wrote: »
    Every year there's a patch about a month after release that changes the gameplay. Just imagine how many times they change before release. There are also issues that they don't find after days or weeks of playing this game.

The early release gameplay usually sounds good at first, but a lot of bugs pop up after the game is released.

This
  • RichieDaSavage
    1747 posts Play-Off Hero
    The reviews are the same every year and the same goes for the trailers, Imo.

All Ea needed to do when the game came out, was tone down dribbling, make passing harder to pull of and make parking the bus with high aggression harder to accomplish. I remember parking the bus for a whole season in D1 when the game first came out and it was impossible to break me down and all I would do is run in a straight line and just hope I get lucky which would happens a at least 2-3 times a game and I went undefeated and got that D1 title. The reason I played like that, was to really see how op some features where.

But hopefully they are right for once about the game being controlled in midfield.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13214 posts Has That Special Something
    ukler8 wrote: »
    People are moaning about the fact that there are not any new features. I am actually glad, this means that they are actually fixing some of the problems that were there this year.

Keep believing that, I have been hearing it every year.
  • Lets not get too excited because just what do these devs do day in day out ?

They are aware of the bugs and issues that need fixing as they are all over the web but still they don't get fixed....

I will see what develops. I really want them to fix the simple things in career mode.

Just an example - 3 days before I went from one season to another I was awarded 14 million because of my excellent season. I also had 6 million left..

The new season updated and the money had disappeared. After winning the BPL, the FA CUP and the Carling Cup they announced that my transfer monies were the usual amount.

I asked for more monies. After winning the domestic (on World Class difficulty) the board replied by saying they had financial difficulties.... this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ needs fixing

I could go on and on and on but i got to work and the boss is sniffing around lol :)

• stu646
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    New weather added - Foggy and Hazy.

Great EA, 2 more annoying weather modes to deal.

As for all the new features, every year they say the same stuff that never makes any difference. Last year was all about how amazing keepers would be, yet keepers were awful again. No surprise that in Fifa 16 they have been made better again..of course they will be!
  • ukler8
    ukler8 wrote: »

Keep believing that, I have been hearing it every year.

and I have been seeing that myself. What more do you expect from a video game you pay 40 odd bucks for. If you want a better experience, go out and play real football sometimes.
  • kokogunmu
    224 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The world has never seen better magicians or conmen than the PR guys at EA. Every year we are swindled into believing the perfect FIFA game is upon us only to pray for the next installment to right the wrongs after a few months of playing it. They conned me in 14 and 15, so not falling for this. Twice beaten, thrice shy.... :D
  • limjitwe
    10003 posts Has That Special Something
    What is "THAT" Bolasie skill move?
  • EGY-Aviatorz
    5162 posts Big Money Move
    Dont they say that yearly ?
  • DefyTheOdds001
    233 posts Sunday League Hero
    I say it every year but after this year I'm waiting until after the launch and see what's being said, still unhappy that the defending was changed this year from what it was like at the start.
  • ukler8
    limjitwe wrote: »
    What is "THAT" Bolasie skill move?

It is linked in the post
  • Mike
    10550 posts Has That Special Something
    FIFA 15 was balanced for about a week
  • Id be embarrassed to list these things as new features. most of it is the way the game is supposed to be anyways.
  • Hoosierdaddy76
    1620 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sounds good, but it does every year.
    This. They made a lot of promises last year too, like better goalies. Think they're going to have to forego last Gen before we see the type of total overhaul we did in 2010, which the game now really, really needs.
  • Shaanxz
    23465 posts Club Captain
    @AsimTanvir: More #FIFA16 stuff, @Dave797 and I had some wonderful matches. Tried the usual exploits, but passing and midfield play shone through. Key.
  • Sounds good, but it does every year.
    This. They made a lot of promises last year too, like better goalies. Think they're going to have to forego last Gen before we see the type of total overhaul we did in 2010, which the game now really, really needs.