Are Long Shots pointless or am i doing them wrong ?

Whoman
5414 posts Big Money Move
Seems to me that there is literally no way to score them other than the odd lucky fluke. Not talking about 20 yard finesse, but ye olde 25-30 yard belter across the body. Seems to me there is no way to make the shots 'dip' and so they are easily saved.

Does it maybe work better with timed finishing ? (only now starting to try this)

Comments

• gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    I've scored a few with Kane.
    Really need to hit them hard though, most will be saved.
  • Whoman
    5414 posts Big Money Move
    gia wrote: »
    I've scored a few with Kane.
    Really need to hit them hard though, most will be saved.

Don't really mind that, but it seems like they are lacking variety and most are just doomed from the outset.
  • heefmondo
    1580 posts Play-Off Hero
    Works better with timed finishing from distance although I've scored a few without using TF
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26033 posts Player of the Year
    You’re doing it wrong.
  • BcfcDale88
    3726 posts National Call-Up
    Timed long shots work a treat. Using Jam-es at CAM and he unleashes a thunderous long shot
  • Danic123
    2503 posts Fans' Favourite
    You’re doing it wrong. I bang in plenty even with rubbish players to get the loyalty up for SBC’s
  • ccooaattssyy
    7848 posts League Winner
    Finesse are good.
  • Finesse_4days
    7231 posts Big Money Move
    Coatst wrote: »
    Finesse are good.
    #finesse4days
  • Mr. Soper
    2581 posts Fans' Favourite
    Need a player with long shots. Hold LT and shot, not even that long, and you will unleash a dipping power shot. Banging them in with Kroos all weekend.
  • Ricky227
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    You're doing it wrong... Just spend a thousand dollars on packs and get yourself Messi.
    #paytowin
  • Knowlesdinho
    10574 posts Has That Special Something
    edited October 2018
    Ricky227 wrote: »
    You're doing it wrong... Just spend a thousand dollars on packs and get yourself Messi.
    #paytowin

Shut up! I’m using Ibra and pulling off amazing long shots, even Guilavogui is banging them in from 30 yards.

It’s not pay to win either, I’ve played several people who have obviously spent loads on the game, and beaten most of them. Just because a person has good players, it doesn’t make them good.