People who say no skill gap?

Mr. Soper
2553 posts Fans' Favourite
Are way off. Just saltly because they are losing. Personally find this to be the least rage inducing FUT. When I lose the player is usually better, or maybe we are even in skill, and I get a bad bounce, no big deal.

What most people dont realize is with rivals ranking you will be playing more people close to your skill level, so you will lose more games. If EA's match making is accurate you should have 50% record

Comments

• Adifunky
    748 posts Semi-Pro
    Mr. Soper wrote: »
    Are way off. Just saltly because they are losing. Personally find this to be the least rage inducing FUT. When I lose the player is usually better, or maybe we are even in skill, and I get a bad bounce, no big deal.

What most people dont realize is with rivals ranking you will be playing more people close to your skill level, so you will lose more games. If EA's match making is accurate you should have 50% record

I wish I had your optimism, but if what you say is true then what's the point in FUT? I build a better team and end up winning more which puts me against similar players so my win record is 50%. I stay with a crap team and my win record is 50%... no point then!
  • Pointon27
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Of course there’s a skill gap, it’s just kids whining each time they take a loss. You only have to read through this forum and it would seem everybody on here dominates every game and all losses are undeserved!

If there was no skill gap the top 100 would be different each week. I’ll guarantee that won’t be the case and it’ll be filled with the usual suspects!

I’ve played 20 games so far this WL won 13 and Lost 7! I’ve had around 4 or 5 games that could of gone either way, some I won some I lost but pretty much when I’ve lost, the opponent has been the better player!

• NornIron
    11120 posts Has That Special Something
    There is a skill gap but there's also awful servers. Alot of games I go into and know within 5mins of kick-off I probably wont win. If the servers were prefect there would be a lot less complaining its a pity EA are probably the worst in gaming.
  • FifaGod97
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What bs . So controlling 1 player letting the Ais defend is skill to you + holding A & RB yh?
  • FifaGod97
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Pointon27 wrote: »
    Of course there’s a skill gap, it’s just kids whining each time they take a loss. You only have to read through this forum and it would seem everybody on here dominates every game and all losses are undeserved!

If there was no skill gap the top 100 would be different each week. I’ll guarantee that won’t be the case and it’ll be filled with the usual suspects!

I’ve played 20 games so far this WL won 13 and Lost 7! I’ve had around 4 or 5 games that could of gone either way, some I won some I lost but pretty much when I’ve lost, the opponent has been the better player!

This game requires no skill at all. Like I said before everyone 1 man defends and holds A.. if you call that skill then you chatting lies
  • Gromit
    3367 posts National Call-Up
    So whats the point in actually getting better players?

If you're destined to get 50% wins you may as well just use any cheap players.

• Dronegan
    995 posts Professional
    FifaGod97 wrote: »
    What bs . So controlling 1 player letting the Ais defend is skill to you + holding A & RB yh?

The AI doesnt tackle. It only intercepts bad passes. If you are know what you are doing you can use this to your advantage.

Its the same with people complaining passing is broken? Face the player you are passing and dont pass the obvious pass that your opponent is expecting and it will go to your target every time.

Or people complaining about first touches. Like how hard can it be to let go of the damn sprint button when recieving a pass or holding RT when recieving the ball.

Its these small things that is difference between someone attackiing and defending fluently vs someone that struggles.

You complain about AI defending but in the end you want a dumbed down version of the game.

• Fifapayne
    426 posts Sunday League Hero
    There is a skill gap but very minimal

Having s AI goalie block shot after shot
    AI defense blocking shots / intercepting passes for players not even controlling the player etc
    Is not skill tho.

That’s the problem

The top 100 is good enough to fight around the BS
  • PrimedRecon62
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Dronegan wrote: »

The AI doesnt tackle. It only intercepts bad passes. If you are know what you are doing you can use this to your advantage.

Its the same with people complaining passing is broken? Face the player you are passing and dont pass the obvious pass that your opponent is expecting and it will go to your target every time.

Or people complaining about first touches. Like how hard can it be to let go of the damn sprint button when recieving a pass or holding RT when recieving the ball.

Its these small things that is difference between someone attackiing and defending fluently vs someone that struggles.

You complain about AI defending but in the end you want a dumbed down version of the game.

I agree with you for the majority of what you say, I do rage when I lose and blame the game being broken and all that, in my honest opinion the game should get a few tweaks like the first touch thing and all that because you don't even have to touch RT for a player to make a Lukaku touch.
    But apart from that I am on the same page as yourself when I comes to the mechanics.
  • Pointon27
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Pointon27 wrote: »

This game requires no skill at all. Like I said before everyone 1 man defends and holds A.. if you call that skill then you chatting lies

Keep telling yourself that after each loss, whatever helps you sleep at night! You should be happy with no skill gap, you can try and challenge for the top 100, after all I guess winning in Fifa takes no skill and you may as well flip a coin! I guess all the pro’s are just jammy gits!
  • Dronegan
    995 posts Professional

I agree with you for the majority of what you say, I do rage when I lose and blame the game being broken and all that, in my honest opinion the game should get a few tweaks like the first touch thing and all that because you don't even have to touch RT for a player to make a Lukaku touch.
    But apart from that I am on the same page as yourself when I comes to the mechanics.

Yes game aint perfect and needs a few tweaks.
    What i meant with holding RT while recieving the ball it actually makes your player take a controlled touch.
    Seems like very few people are using it.

You should always hold RT when recieving a pass that is overhit or hard.
  • pekkaa88
    6024 posts Big Money Move
    Gromit wrote: »
    So whats the point in actually getting better players?

If you're destined to get 50% wins you may as well just use any cheap players.

Why buy a Ferrari when you can get from place A to place B also with a bicycle..
  • Nikaznakznokaz
    84 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I have to disagree with you mate. I'm in div 6 and I completely murder everyone on the stats but lose nearly every game. I don't want to sound like one of these babies who come on here that say boo hoo I used to be in div 1 and now I'm crap. This game favours the weaker player. My name is NIKAZNAKAZNOKAZ and i dominate but lose. I am willing to play anyone on here who thinks I'm talking rubbish to prove my point.
  • AircoolUK
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Face the player you are passing and dont pass the obvious pass that your opponent is expecting and it will go to your target every time.

Man, I try that all the time, but my players seem to have their own ideas about where to pass; usually to one of the opposition players. Even simple 5 yard passes seem to elude my players sometimes and they'll pass in completely the wrong direction, even back-heeling it sometimes.

I've tried using semi-assist and no assist on passing, then gone back to full assist as no assist is waaay to hard, and semi assist still causes my players to screw up easy passes. I'm aware that a players' stats will have some control over their ability to pass perfectly, but it seems like you need at least 85 Vision and 85 Short Passing just to string together some normal passes.
  • CharlieC
    6184 posts Big Money Move
    Jockey should be removed. I have no issue with second man press because that’s tactical but jockey is just reducing skill gap.
  • Nikaznakznokaz
    CharlieC wrote: »
    Jockey should be removed. I have no issue with second man press because that’s tactical but jockey is just reducing skill gap.

Jockeys should just be in the grand national
  • CharlieC

Jockeys should just be in the grand national

Lol
  • mdizzl3
    12328 posts Has That Special Something
    How is this even up for debate? Surely you don't think we are all pretty much as good as each other? :D :D
  • CharlieC
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    How is this even up for debate? Surely you don't think we are all pretty much as good as each other? :D :D

I think I’m better than you
  • Nikaznakznokaz
    mdizzl3 wrote: »

I think I’m better than you

I think I'd arse you both on the stats
  • AjaxLegends
    1725 posts Play-Off Hero

Yes game aint perfect and needs a few tweaks.
    What i meant with holding RT while recieving the ball it actually makes your player take a controlled touch.
    Seems like very few people are using it.

You should always hold RT when recieving a pass that is overhit or hard.

Which button is that on Xbox? RT is sprinting on Xbox.
  • agentxyz2
    791 posts Professional
    edited October 2018
    The skill gap has been tiny and reduced to inches since FIFA 17 onward. This brought on the age of AI contain and running back with your midfield
  • Swagster123
    1709 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2018

ummm you are a very un educated or very new to the game , are you serious . No A.I defending will break the skill gap corner kicks and headers need to be fixed cause thats all everyone is doing is running down the line and spam the cross button the whole game people who shouldnt be beating me are beating me cause of this stupid A.i defending there is no skill gap look at what every youtuber is saying or even the EA fan boys .
  • Aqeel87
    2400 posts Fans' Favourite

• protzbischof
    2698 posts Fans' Favourite
    yeah there is a skill gap. Just like last year. You are way more skilled than your oponent when you abuse 41212, 4321,4231 narrow get in behind. If you are not ready to play anti football you are obviously just bad :)
    Game had issues pre patch, post patch its just the same narrow party as it was last year.
  • Purplejacket
    2393 posts Fans' Favourite
    I listen to pros, they know the game more than anyone, and they say skill gap was narrowed, so i listen to them. Im an elite wl player and i agree.