1st Weekend League Experience

sketchedoutmkii
112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
After all the horror stories of connection issues in FIFA 18 I stepped up to the plate on this one fearing the worst.

Have to say was really surprised. Had no connection issues whatsoever.

However, the way people played the game was completely different to what I've experienced so far in Rivals.

People on mics giving it the big 'un, dabbing, and full on high pressure all game with some pretty stacked teams.

I got no issue with the stacked teams, people either put a lot of money in, or trade away and put alot of time in - fair enough. It's just the awful style of play in this mode and mentality of alot of the people playing the mode is shocking.

Am I right in thinking though that Rivals will become the same the higher up I go, if I get there? If so, no thanks.

I think there's a pretty decent game in FIFA 19 but the way it allows people to play does ruin the experience.

Comments

• Thamightyboro
    7108 posts Big Money Move
    After all the horror stories of connection issues in FIFA 18 I stepped up to the plate on this one fearing the worst.

Have to say was really surprised. Had no connection issues whatsoever.

However, the way people played the game was completely different to what I've experienced so far in Rivals.

People on mics giving it the big 'un, dabbing, and full on high pressure all game with some pretty stacked teams.

I got no issue with the stacked teams, people either put a lot of money in, or trade away and put alot of time in - fair enough. It's just the awful style of play in this mode and mentality of alot of the people playing the mode is shocking.

Am I right in thinking though that Rivals will become the same the higher up I go, if I get there? If so, no thanks.

I think there's a pretty decent game in FIFA 19 but the way it allows people to play does ruin the experience.

Yes rivals will be the same higher up, yes WL is ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

But for the most part I'm still enjoying it, nothing quite as satisfying as beating a dabbing meta attempt to abuse everything wrong with the game with nice football a certain appeasement of knowing they are crying salty tears after losing to a 4411 with no meta players ;)
  • sketchedoutmkii
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Haha, yeah, I was chuffed the connection seemed fine but it was the attitude and style that's put me off. It was breakneck speed at times and more like a those Bubble Burst games off the app store.

I hung in there most games but would eventually succumb to the fact that their players just didn't seem to fatigue at all. Each to their own but I just don't want to play that type of tactic or if I did would want it to at least come with a risk of high fatigue.

Much easier to qualify for it again this FIFA so will give it another go but at least I won't go into it expecting much.