Are you a FIFA streamer? Get yourself added to the forum list here

Athletic Club Bilbao – Basque Heritage

Comments

• bounceFM
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ffa320cec86c795aac670692570ebfed.png

– What a bizarre last two months. Perhaps my greatest run so far in this career. Winning 2-0 away v Celta Vigo, 2-1 v rivals Sociedad, 3-0 v Bayern, 2-2 away v Real Madrid, and 1-0 away v Bayern again.

The month of March is from now on my comeback month. As you can see, I won every single league game that month, but I was trailing 0-1 in all of them. Even 0-2 against Girona and Alavés, but I somehow fought my way back. This team consists of fighters.

This is the table as of April 1st (no fools).

041b660b193b199d89c1dcefd5eae88b.png

– Remaining La Liga games: Rayo Vallecano (away), Villarreal (away), Real Betis (home), Real Valladolid (away), Atlético (home), Levante (home), Sporting (away), Sevilla (home), Barcelona (away).
  • subpop
    2864 posts Fans' Favourite
    Wow... this goes too fast for me!!!

In LaLiga, it's in your hands as you also face Atlético Madrid in these final weeks. Still extremely tough fixtures. Even if Betis isn't highlighted, it's also a difficult rival.

And impressive victory at the UCL against Bayern after advancing in a difficult group. Bayern was defeated, so Liverpool already knows who they face.

Incredible!
  • bounceFM
    subpop wrote: »
    Wow... this goes too fast for me!!!

In LaLiga, it's in your hands as you also face Atlético Madrid in these final weeks. Still extremely tough fixtures. Even if Betis isn't highlighted, it's also a difficult rival.

And impressive victory at the UCL against Bayern after advancing in a difficult group. Bayern was defeated, so Liverpool already knows who they face.

Incredible!

– Yes, I guess it is in my hands. But I have no expectations of repeating last season's 3rd place. I'm playing my B-team against Villarreal and Real Betis because of the first Liverpool game is right in the middle. Atlético always beats me senseless, so I don't know what my plan against them will be. But I'm very excited for the last two months of this season.

Thank you all for your comments and inputs!
  • JoshDFC
    1716 posts Play-Off Hero
    Massive chance to win the title with Barca and Real Madrid out of the picture it is in your hands but you can't afford any slip ups
  • bounceFM
    edited October 2018
    Champions League
    Quarter-final, first leg
    Athletic Club 0–2 Liverpool

MoM: Mikel Vesga (7,2)

4-3-1-2: Simón - de Marcos, Yeray, Nolaskoain, Capa - Lekue, Vesga, López - Manu García - Williams, Córdoba
    4-3-3: Alisson - Sarr, Kimpembe, van Dijk, Robertson - Henderson, Fabinho, Keita - Salah, Firmino, Mané

– Toothless, embarrassing. 0–0 at halftime and I was satisfied with the game plan. And then the personal errors arrived. 0–2, and Liverpool have one foot in the semis.
  • bounceFM
    edited October 2018
    So far in April...

La Liga, away, Rayo 1-1 — Manu García
    La Liga, away, Villarreal 1-1 — Beñat
    CL QF, home, Liverpool 0-2 —
    La Liga, home, Real Betis 1-1 — Guruzeta

– Dreadful, but at least there will be an exciting finish to the league.

28e2b4cfa65c8297fa2a5e84f83f0eb2.png
  • bounceFM
    edited October 2018
    Champions League
    Quarter-finals, second leg
    Liverpool vs. Athletic Club (2–0 agg)

4-3-3: Alisson - Sarr, Kimpembe, van Dijk, Robertson - Henderson, Fabinho, Keita - Salah, Firmino, Mané
    4-4-2: Simón - Capa, Yeray, Nolaskoain, Berenguer - Ibai, Iturraspe, López, Córdoba - Williams, Lucas Pérez

– This only has two outcomes. One; I get picked apart and the Scousers humiliate my bold line-up. Two; I get those two goals I desperately need, and miraculously manage to not concede (damn, that rhymed).
  • bounceFM
    edited October 2018
    Champions League
    Quarter-finals, second leg
    Liverpool 3–0 Athletic Club (5–0 agg)

– A game I wanna forget as soon as possible. Pathetic.
  • Ashy
    8120 posts League Winner
    Amazing to beat Bayern there, both times too but an unfortunate loss to Liverpool, awful 5-0 over 2 legs. Overall a quarter-final finish is a strong run for a club like Bilbao. As for the league well... Barca look so bad sitting 7th haha, I love it though so pleasing on the eye. Title challenge will be interesting if it goes down to the wire.
  • bounceFM
    La Liga
    Matchday 34
    Athletic Club vs Atlético Madrid

4-4-2: Simón - Capa, Yeray, Nolaskoain, Lekue - Manu García, Iturraspe, López, Ibai - Williams, Lucas
    4-4-2: Oblak - Arias, David Luiz, Komar, Lucas - Gelson Martins, Rodri, Saúl, Koke - Falcao, Correa

– The match that will play a decisive factor about who's gonna win the league.

The league table:

65451868c9354eb53545c3750f34603d.png
  • bounceFM
    La Liga
    Matchday 34
    Athletic Club 1–1 Atlético Madrid

Ibai Gómez '21

Assists: Williams
    MoM: Williams (8,3)

– Happy with this result, even though we should've gotten three points to realistically have a chance to win the title.
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    Amazing to make it that far in champions League. The 5-0 looks ugly for sure but you had no choice that second leg but to go for it. At least you went out swinging (or at least trying to). Instead of sitting back and watching the game go by.

A draw isn't the worst outcome against Atletico. Just need to finish the season strong and the title is a real possibility.
  • Wyojasond
    8840 posts League Winner
    Crazy to see Barca that far behind. Tough loss to Liverpool but as was mentioned before great for a team like Bilbao to run that far
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Tough defeats against Liverpool. But you've had a great run in the CL. Well done!
    Unreal how good the team is performing in the league. Close behind Atletico. But in general a strange constellation on top with Barca and Real falling behind a bit.
  • subpop
    2864 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sad UCL defeat. After the great run, the expectations were high. Sadly, this time Liverpool was too much.

In LaLiga, missed opportunity against Atlético after a month of mixed results. But this season it is evident that anyone can make an error. The head-to-head is lost, but I believe Atleti will drop more than just 2 points.

What a league final!
  • Danimal5981
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think due to endorsements and all that, the game is slightly biased against Barcelona it seems. Good thing it's only fantasy. But hey, glory Athletic, 2nd place would be grand and a league win legendary; go for it!
  • JoshDFC
    1716 posts Play-Off Hero
    4 games to go with two points the gap there is still a chance to win the title just hope for Atletico to slip
  • bounceFM
    I think due to endorsements and all that, the game is slightly biased against Barcelona it seems. Good thing it's only fantasy. But hey, glory Athletic, 2nd place would be grand and a league win legendary; go for it!

I think you're on to something, in reference to Barça.

Hey, I will be thrilled if I get third place, in all honesty. Barcelona home and Sevilla away are two of my least favourite opponents, so I might have a Liverpool esque experience waiting for me.
  • bounceFM
    2467fc73bed83cc13024f096e8274cdc.png

– Surprisingly, I won the Manager of the Month award for this. Beñat gets my unofficial award as the player of the month. Important win against Valladolid and Levante. Now it's time for matchday 36, which Atlético already have played. They drew 2–2 against Deportivo away, and this is the table as of now:

79e748b0f34044a8e15083c05828ba7c.png

– Unbelievable close from 1st to 6th, especially considering no.1 has one more game played so far. Now I have Sporting Gijón in the next one, then Barcelona (H) and Sevilla (B).
  • bounceFM
    edited October 2018
    Jonathan Urretaviscaya (winger, 30 yrs, 74 ovr) is injured for two months.

– I may need to promote someone from the academy for the remaining three games to have some healthy rotation options.
  • bounceFM
    La Liga
    Matchday 36
    Sporting Gijón 1–1 Athletic Club

Córdoba '61

Assists: Ibai
    MoM: Ibai (8,6)

4-4-2: Simón - Capa, Yeray, Iñigo, Lekue - Ibai, López, Beñat, Córdoba - Williams, Manu

– All these 1–1 draws are really starting to bug me. Gonna try to find a new formation during pre-season, because this is dreadful.
  • bounceFM
    The absolute state of this league table.

12ccc94f0ce58b1134f59ac3bce955cf.png

Atlético:
    Valladolid home
    Alavés away

Real Madrid:
    Real Sociedad home
    Valencia away

Athletic:
    Barcelona home
    Sevilla away

Valencia:
    Málaga home
    Real Madrid away

Real Sociedad:
    Real Madrid away
    Getafe home

Villarreal:
    Eibar home
    Celta Vigo away

– Who do you place your bets on?
  • bounceFM
    Worth mentioning that all clubs who have a theoretical chance of winning the league (1st to 6th place), except Real Sociedad, have superior goal difference than me head-to-head. So I need to win by one point, unless I'm tied with no one but Real Sociedad.
  • bounceFM
    La Liga
    Matchday 37
    Athletic Club 2–1 Sevilla

Manu García '12, Benedetto '59, Williams '79

Assists: Williams, Unai López
    MoM: Williams (9,1)

4-4-2: Simón - Capa, Yeray, Iñigo, Lekue - Manu, Vesga, López, Córdoba - Williams, Lucas

– Great performance by Iñaki. As always? At least this time, and when we needed him the most!
  • bounceFM
    7efe89f26ffc35f9b81861753fa8da83.png

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is the table ahead of the last game of the season. I have very low expectations
    when it comes to grabbing points off Barcelona at Camp Nou, but I believe I have a tricky gameplan which may cause trouble to the Catalans.
  • bounceFM
    La Liga
    Matchday 38
    Barcelona 2–4 Athletic Club

Córdoba '3, Ibai Gómez '8, Ibai Gómez '40, Busquets '59, Williams '72, Messi '78

Assists: Williams, Lucas Pérez, Capa, Simón (!)
    MoM: Williams (9,5)

12—6 shots
    5—4 on target
    59—41 possession

4-2-3-1: Simón - de Marcos, Yeray, Iñigo, Capa - López, Berenguer - Williams, Ibai, Córdoba - Lucas

– What!! Barca got levelled to the ground during the first half, couldn't quite believe how well my tactics worked. Changed to a 4-2-3-1 ahead of the season's most important game, and it payed off. Ibai Gómez with a great performance in the 10 role.
  • bounceFM
    edited October 2018
    ...unfortunately Real Madrid beat Valencia 2–0 at Mestalla, and Atlético managed 1–0 against Alavés away.

That gives us this final league table:

79beaf05c08397207ef9804a2bd3471f.png

– So, in the end, I lost the league title because of my head-to-head results against Atlético and Real Madrid... But all in all, I'm extremely satisfied with finishing third two seasons in a row. Makes me very optimistic ahead of the next season. Bring it on!
  • bounceFM
    c17a070da938eb13d501031c0d441035.png
    42b275722ad55b5c730fa99acc640425.png
    1f1d9319fac497851eff6eaa5751abae.png

– Williams just two goals away from being the 'Pichichi' winner two years in a row. Anyways, he is the leading Spanish goal scorer, so he gets the 'Zarra' award (which he also got last season, of course). Over to assists, you can see just how great Iñaki was in the league with his 27 goal contributions in 24 matches. Also, notice that Iker Muniaín is the leagues joint sixth top assister, while being injured for months. And last, Rulli from La Real is prized with having the most clean sheets.
  • bounceFM
    Iñaki Williams named 'Player of the Season' in La Liga. Well deserved!
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    Great finish against Barca to claim third. It's a shame one of those 1-1 draws couldn't have been a 2-1 win instead down the end but that's what makes every game important.

The team is showing they can compete with everyone in the league and next year will hopefully be ready to make the final jump into winning a trophy.