So disappointed with this year's fifa.

Heshyooo
451 posts Sunday League Hero
As the title says. I can't believe this product is fit for sale. No skill required in any game, total rubbish. Done for the year already, pack weight sucks as per, never again.

Comments

• Heshyooo
    Honestly EA you're going to lose so many loyal players but hey I guess that's ok because the newbies will take our place. Were just expendable customers who they see as cash machines
  • swfcfan89
    889 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2018
    Defending has been awful since they changed it from the old system. It just over-complicated it. It turned it into something that was unresponsive, clunky and unrewarding for those that could manually defend while at the same time rewarded people that let the AI do all the the work before switching to tackle at the last moment.

I like the game and enjoy it but the way we have to defend now is not right. It's not just exclusive to this year's game, though, it's been a problem for a while.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13025 posts Has That Special Something
    This is the first FIFA I can't adapt to in all the years of playing... defending is ridiculously stupid and now attacking is way over complicated.... the games a joke.
  • Heshyooo
    Honestly it's absolutely awful. I just lost a WL game, I had 17 shots on target, the opponent had 3 shots on target and won 2-0(2 of those shots were from 1 goal due to a rebound shot/tap in). This game has no skill gap whatsoever. I've never felt so helpless when playing a game, you can tell when the game is going to screw you because the opponent starts winning all the 50/50's, even if your player is 2x faster the opponent still gets there first and then boom, tackles go all glitchy and your player basically becomes a giant piece of butter, the ball slips off back to the opponent and they glide straight through. I'm so disappointed with this game, it's totally unejoyable. Where's the fun in losing against an opponent who you've battered all game? Fair enough if you lose a game where you're outclassed or when it's really tight, I can handle that. Someone seriously needs to fix this game. Waste of money.
  • Crap,crap,crap, every takle ends in the opposing player winning the ball,some absolutely crazy passes being made, custom tactics are ****, why can't they leave a winning formula alone and just tweak things like realism instead of trying to make a new footy game every year?? Nob heads,
  • Robmu22
    1292 posts Professional
    I had such high hopes, the content is amazing yet the gameplay skill gap is so small it's embarrassing.

Ai defending is way to strong.
  • I have been playing FUT since the beginning of 2016 and my major issue has always been that I lose games because stupid ****. Team performance changes from game to game, sometime attackers feel amazing and sometimes just ****. I was enjoying the offline gameplay and somewhat enjoyed playing online last week but this week has been a different story. Played about 6 Fut Rival games....My goal keeper all of a sudden loses his arm strength and throws the ball right at the attacker's feet. Not in one game but two back to back games. Players give up the ball so easy. Players like Griezmann that some people posted his finishing is broken cannot finish with his strong foot... basically the same **** I have been dealing with the past Fifas and it keeps going this way I am done. Really cannot keep dealing with this ****.
  • Ferrari_LFC10
    236 posts Sunday League Hero
    Best Fifa in a long time 110%.. it’s going in exactly the right direction, tbh if they went back to Fifa 18’s ping pong **** & pace abusing crap gameplay personally I would never give EA another cent. It seems people either love it or hate 19, I’m 110% impressed with it.
  • Leonsmith
    213 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Heshyooo wrote: »
    Marg09 wrote: »
    It's by far the worst FIFA ever, literally there's no skill gap, anyone can defend.

No other fifa has ever made me feel so angry. The amount of games now where I've had about 20 shots and the opponent has had roughly 5 shots and they end up winning 3-2, 4-3 etc. Last minute goals and stupid AI defending. Also it seems that every game the ball has to come off the post at least twice to make a "dramatic moment."

Credit to fifa for releasing all the icons at once and trying to bring in better customised tactics but first things first. SORT THE GAME PLAY OUT. How on earth are pros going to compete this year with a game like this?

Also sort out pack weights. I'm sick of getting absolute rubbish in packs because I've been playing FUT for years/spent money, I'm sick of seeing all my newbie mates packing icons and high rated players and I'm getting absolute tripe. Biggest waste of time and money, there is absolutely no joy from this game.

Spot on
  • Leonsmith
    213 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2018
    Robmu22 wrote: »
    I had such high hopes, the content is amazing yet the gameplay skill gap is so small it's embarrassing.

Ai defending is way to strong.

Yep completely agree with you I've stopped playing, AI defending is worse than 17 and 18.
  • L1vingl1fe
    3076 posts National Call-Up
    First time I might quit playing before TOTY. Ping pong passing is gone, but now we have ping pong tackling and ping pong rebounds...
  • Juked By Neymar
    3455 posts National Call-Up
    First FIFA I've regretted buying after some time to get used to it. Game is honestly terrible.
  • Barks_the_fox
    134 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I love it.
  • TheEgyptianPrincess
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have to go play a full draft on FIFA 18 every couple of games to get a breath of fresh air. This fifa has made me apprfeciate FIFA 18 so much. The AI defending is just ridiculous. Hold up play is immposible. The strength stat means nothing. The pace stat means nothing. Crossing is basically the only way to score. Getting in behind the defence is just way to hard with how good the AI deffending is. Im just really hoping for a patch. The content on this FIFA is probably the best so far. But the gameplay, which is the most important part of the game, is trash.
  • TheMightyBee
    2070 posts Fans' Favourite
    I just played a SB game where my players were being slowed down and pulled around the pitch randomly by the AI, I have no words for just how terrible and deliberate it was.
  • nakamuramartin
    296 posts Sunday League Hero
    Have any of you lot ever thought that having 20 shots and no goals means you need to get better at shooting?
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13068 posts Has That Special Something
    It's terrible. I didn't think any new FUT would ever get worse than FUT13 but I think FUT 19 may be the one.

GKs are worse than ever, they didn't fix any of the issues (crappy/slow player switching, **** impact engine, tackles just rebounding to the opponent, OP auto-defending etc.)
  • Purplejacket
    2395 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gameplay is trash. No rhyme or reason to things happening on the pitch half the time.
  • Purplejacket
    2395 posts Fans' Favourite
    Have any of you lot ever thought that having 20 shots and no goals means you need to get better at shooting?

What is this brain surgery? If pros are complaining you think they are wrong? Same player who go undefeated in wl year in and year out.
  • Glofy20
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I'm glad I didn't bother buying this years version judging by the complaints on here. I like to manually defend myself, I found opponents AI defending so frustrating. People insinuating more practice is needed when it comes to shooting have never been on the wrong end of a defeat to somebody with 2 or 3 shots on target when you end up with 15 plus on target.
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1708 posts Play-Off Hero
    Woeful game. So glad people are realising it now. The most simplistic, idiotic football is rewarded. Any well thought out attacks are killed off by AI.

Absolutely ****
  • SPN1987
    2044 posts Fans' Favourite
    Defend with strikers is a joke. Tracking back with them all the way from attack to defence is the new meta because of AI positioning and response to your input is near perfect.
  • Rich2015
    135 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Pay to win

Too much A.I assist in everything

Too fast it resembles basketball more than football

Unfair matchmaking,make it so its by team strength

How can people say they are Pros when there is so much A.I assist...Play the game full manual and then come back and tell me you are a Pro

• Korthan
    2397 posts Fans' Favourite
    Haven't played FUT for days but if Pro Clubs is anything to go by - can't shoot (blocked or soft or high/wide or all), can't run away from defending players, can't turn quickly and move away, can't open defences with passing moves, though balls downgraded, more passes intercepted, super-reaction defending in defence and midfield so often there's no time to pick a pass even if you tap pass (ground or Y) first time before the ball has come to you, they're so strong they rob the ball from behind and come away with it even if you have possesssion and try to turn in a different direction...
  • AeolianVII
    90 posts Park Captain
    Yesterday i had some 2v2 season games.We won 9 out of the 10 games.One of it was 10-0.They were not that bad players but their team was so wrong formated in the field with overpushed tactics, so they were leaving huge gaps on their back.Its the first fifa after a long time that actualy tries to make you think about how real footbal works , and punishes your mistakes.

p.s. respect for those opponents who stayed and played decently until the end of the game
  • SPN1987
    2044 posts Fans' Favourite
    AeolianVII wrote: »
    Yesterday i had some 2v2 season games.We won 9 out of the 10 games.One of it was 10-0.They were not that bad players but their team was so wrong formated in the field with overpushed tactics, so they were leaving huge gaps on their back.Its the first fifa after a long time that actualy tries to make you think about how real footbal works , and punishes your mistakes.

p.s. respect for those opponents who stayed and played decently until the end of the game

Don't judge the game playing ****. Once you play opponents with a little understanding of FIFA mechanics the skill gap is completely flawed. Gameplay is also so slow leaving you way too much time to correct mistakes.