Ronaldo replaced? *Coverstar*

Brosing
286 posts Sunday League Hero
As we all know, since it is on the news everywhere, the incident with Cristiano Ronaldo EA decided to remove Cristiano from their Cover on their webpage. Do you think they will replace him in the loading screen too?

:O :O

Comments

• Guillotine_Mack
    1081 posts Professional
    Be interesting to see if he ever gets a one to watch.
  • Brosing
    Be interesting to see if he ever gets a one to watch.

Lmao
  • silverdale10
    1327 posts Professional
    Horrible situation all round. EA are in a difficult position, I guess they can't be seen to be ignoring it but he hasn't been found guilty either.
  • Pay2Lose
    906 posts Professional
    Brosing wrote: »
    As we all know, since it is on the news everywhere, the incident with Cristiano Ronaldo EA decided to remove Cristiano from their Cover on their webpage. Do you think they will replace him in the loading screen too?

Seriously? No way innocent until proven guilty. He’s not been charged.
  • Brosing
    Pay2Lose wrote: »

Yeah, I wasn't saying that he is guilty or not, but EA has to take actions since it ruins their reputation (LMAO) EVEN THOUGH he might be innocent. As someone else mentioned, EA is kinda in a weird spot with this
  • LiamSully
    6004 posts Big Money Move
    I was reading he may not play again this year...
  • Brosing
    LiamSully wrote: »

Whaat, where did you see that?
  • aladdin
    835 posts Semi-Pro

lol, what you read was he’s not playing for portugal again this year. will obviously play for juventus
  • Koolfashion
    2568 posts Fans' Favourite
    They are the worst company in the USA, they got rewards for that. What reputation?
  • LSB1210
    485 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2018
    Bad post.
  • Brosing
    LSB1210 wrote: »

EA has to take actions since it ruins their reputation
    What reputation? They are constantly voted as one of the worst companies in the world.

Haha I will not argue with this, but EA still needs to do something, right?
  • MatteoDiBella
    501 posts An Exciting Prospect
    He wasn’t charged because he supposedly paid 375k in hush money. It’s not the first time sexual assault allegations have been made against him either. I’m not saying he did it, but if I were truly innocent I wouldn’t pay someone to be quiet.
  • LiamSully
    6004 posts Big Money Move

aladdin wrote: »

lol, what you read was he’s not playing for portugal again this year. will obviously play for juventus

It was a link I read at work the other day, I didn’t say it was certainty :blush:
  • Brosing

aladdin wrote: »

It was a link I read at work the other day, I didn’t say it was certainty :blush:

Either way, this is gonna be huge :o
  • silverdale10
    1327 posts Professional
    He wasn’t charged because he supposedly paid 375k in hush money. It’s not the first time sexual assault allegations have been made against him either. I’m not saying he did it, but if I were truly innocent I wouldn’t pay someone to be quiet.

He probably took advice on what to do. It can still be hugely damaging to go through the process of proving your innocence.
  • CeeQue
    10798 posts Has That Special Something
    edited October 2018
    Not judging Ronaldo but he doesn't look like the type of guy that would have to force himself on any women. I mean he could walk into any bar and just pick a random THOT that would be more than happy to have his off-spring.
  • Thamightyboro
    7067 posts Big Money Move

You don't pay someone a 375k non disclosure fee if you weren't guilty.
  • ICUP
    3910 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2018
    CeeQue wrote: »
    Not judging Ronaldo but he doesn't look like the type of guy that would have to force himself on any women. I mean he could walk into any bar and just pick a random THOT that would be more than happy to have his off-spring.

Not too long ago people thought he was a **** because we never saw him with any girls
  • Futfanatic
    12502 posts Has That Special Something

Not true. If someone can make you look guilty even though you aren't, you would pay in his position. The damage to his image is wort much more than some hush money.

Not saying he's not guilty btw, just that it could be plausible.
  • WarrenBarton
    7306 posts Big Money Move
    Futfanatic wrote: »

Not true. If someone can make you look guilty even though you aren't, you would pay in his position. The damage to his image is wort much more than some hush money.

If you pay one accusing girl off whilst you were innocent, what’s to stop more trying the same trick. I wouldn’t want to reward the person who accused me of such a thing whilst I was innocent.
  • WestardLord
    1450 posts Professional
    edited October 2018
    Honestly, EA did a half-assed job of photoshopping a Juventus kit onto Ronaldo's body after he was very obviously photographed with a Real Madrid kit.

Plus, Neymar, Dybala and De Bruyne seem to be more heavily featured in-game anyway.

So I don't think we're necessarily losing a lot. lol
  • Tof33z
    6381 posts Big Money Move

happens all the time. It's the least hassle/lowest cost option and is used all the time whether people are innocent or guilty. By definition you don't hear about them because most times people take the cash and stick by the NDA
  • ICUP
    3910 posts National Call-Up
    Futfanatic wrote: »

If you pay one accusing girl off whilst you were innocent, what’s to stop more trying the same trick. I wouldn’t want to reward the person who accused me of such a thing whilst I was innocent.

It was already a case 10 years ago, its now been re-opened, have no idea when she was payed off but even if it didn't happen there is probs evidence that puts him and her in the same place that night. People can make a bid deal out of anything so I would pay her hush money
  • jackm57
    2151 posts Fans' Favourite
    They should give everyone a Ronaldo card so we can discard them.
  • OZero
    4971 posts Big Money Move
    The OTW Ronaldo looks like a bad investment now
  • pekkaa88
    6024 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2018

In todays SJW culture you are pretty much guilty until proven innocent, when it comes to sexual assault allegations, so paying 1 weeks salary might not be a bad option tbf.. False allegations might cost him millions in sponsorship deals, even if there is no proof of any kind.. just look at EA already removing his picture from their webpage, just because of allegations..
  • I SiR MartY I
    5451 posts Big Money Move

Should lock him up and throw away the key with logic like that. The court of public opinion has spoken.
  • GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional

You do if you have a brand worth 100's of millions to protect.
  • forearms
    4704 posts National Call-Up
    The Cosby accusations were ones that most people in the US had a hard time believing at the time. After that, I think all allegations have to be seriously considered. If Americas favorite 80s TV dad was capable of that , I guess anyone can be :(
  • Brosing
    forearms wrote: »
    The Cosby accusations were ones that most people in the US had a hard time believing at the time. After that, I think all allegations have to be seriously considered. If Americas favorite 80s TV dad was capable of that , I guess anyone can be :(

Yeah. Anyways, I think these situations are very hard to understand and get a fair sentence. Maybe Ronaldo did something wrong, maybe he didn't.