Struggling

TimRUFC
3219 posts National Call-Up
Is anyone else really struggling with this game? Seriously I’ve tried numerous different leagues, formations and just can’t find one that fits. I can’t tackle opponents when they have the ball as it constantly goes back to them. 4/4 in WL at the moment but about to try a different team and I don’t even know where to start, I’ve got around 400k and POTM Lucas to play with and could really do with some help regarding a team and how to adapt to this game. Never been this hard to adapt before, I just can’t find an ST that I like

Comments

• Andybelfast
    10935 posts Has That Special Something
    edited October 2018
    Learn how to score from corners.

Put your controller down and let the a.i defend for you.

The end
  • Edu
    6274 posts Big Money Move
    The game is broken, it needs a patch as soon as possible.
    Passes are broken, AI is inconsistent.
  • lfcsuiteynwa
    158 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I was struggling early on and I decided to do a Serie A squad with 4411 and I dont get scored on. Here if my team.

Mertens
    IF Insigne
    perisic Naingolan Savic Cuardardo
    Sandro Chiellini IF Koulabily OTW Cancelo
    UCL Handanovic
  • Mr. Soper
    2495 posts Fans' Favourite
    433 (2) the one with the two CDMs. Set them to stay back while attacking with aggressive interceptions. Play fast build up with constant pressure. Don't always go for the tackle in midfield, take your player and try to cut off passing lanes for a turn over, or sheepard oppenent toward sidelines and then second man press. Once you get the ball work it up the wings to a cross or a cut back to your late charging midfield.

Games not broken at all people just need to learn its a different game this year
  • Andybelfast
    10935 posts Has That Special Something
    Mr. Soper wrote: »
    433 (2) the one with the two CDMs. Set them to stay back while attacking with aggressive interceptions. Play fast build up with constant pressure. Don't always go for the tackle in midfield, take your player and try to cut off passing lanes for a turn over, or sheepard oppenent toward sidelines and then second man press. Once you get the ball work it up the wings to a cross or a cut back to your late charging midfield.

Games not broken at all people just need to learn its a different game this year

The way you play sounds like everything wrong with this game.

"Constant pressure "

Straight to touchline for a cross YAWN

Bore off
  • Keano
    10651 posts Has That Special Something
    Mr. Soper wrote: »

The way you play sounds like everything wrong with this game.

"Constant pressure "

Straight to touchline for a cross YAWN

Bore off

Might be boring but he’s helping someone who is struggling on how to actually get results, so as much as you dont like it and neither would i, there’s no need to be a melt about it.
  • James Libby
    4612 posts National Call-Up
    I know a lot of people seem to be struggling, but for the first FUT in years I'm doing well from the onset. You have to baby your passes - receiving the pass this year is error prone so let off of turbo and let the ball come to you before making any moves. Shooting is a myth this year - forget any of the fancy stuff, just rip power shots right at the goal - maybe choose between near post and far post but that is about as much as you want to think about it. Defensively, play the man, use LT and just guard him conservatively, always favoring the inside cut and forcing the man outside.

I'm sure I will get flack, and someone will just retort the game is broken, but I'm doing well and this was an earnest attempt to communicate how you can too. Cheers!