Tell me

dezy22
149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
What’s the secret to this ai defence my ai just stand about looking at the ball lol while everyone else’s seem to track runs etc wish I knew so I could just get a even game manual defence vs auto is so unfair

Comments

• P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12841 posts Has That Special Something
    Would love to know this too
  • NornIron
    11070 posts Has That Special Something
    Sounds like u have sluggish gameplay, were the AI do nothing cant even stick a foot out.
  • rona_94
    905 posts Professional
    Yeah me top, just tried to set my team on always press (and I play with 433(4)), and then control another player but it doesn't seem to work as well as some of the player I came against with

What's the best setting to make the ai press the right way ?
  • dezy22
    It’s a secret lol
  • KD240792
    957 posts Professional
    Always switch to your CDM and continuously hold L2/Left trigger anticipating where the ball will end up, don't switch to your defenders unless you NEED to make the challenge. Rinse and repeat until they pass it stupidly to a centre back or your CDM intercepts it.

Ps. Doesn't have to be a CDM, it can be a CM or even a wide player, just leave your back 4 alone.

Pps. This does not automatically make defending 100%. Good opponents can pick AI defending apart, but hopefully it helps.

Good luck.
  • dezy22
    if I don’t click my defender though they just run by him
  • KD240792
    957 posts Professional
    dezy22 wrote: »
    if I don’t click my defender though they just run by him

That's the other player exploiting your defence. He's watched that run and is playing him through. Thats when you will need to switch to that defender near the attacker to cover or make a tackle. If the ball goes back the way, rinse and repeat via CDM.
  • MadJohnMadnesS
    159 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Engagement level is the secret.
  • GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    It's the difference between average players and good players. I can't work out how to do it either
  • KD240792
    957 posts Professional
    It's the difference between average players and good players. I can't work out how to do it either

Yeah people thought AI defending made skill gap non existent. It's the opposite. Good players pick that apart for fun.
  • dezy22
    dezy22 wrote: »
    What’s the secret to this ai defence my ai just stand about looking at the ball lol while everyone else’s seem to track runs etc wish I knew so I could just get a even game manual defence vs auto is so unfair

I don't usually play fut much, pro clubs more than anything but I here what you're saying about the AI. I've noticed this also and I don't like how they have set it up in game. This will not change in Fifa 19 I'm convinced of that, you can only hope it changes in Fifa 20 but I wouldn't hold your breath.
    I’m the same bud only really pro clubs just messing on ut till red dead
  • dezy22
    KD240792 wrote: »

Yeah people thought AI defending made skill gap non existent. It's the opposite. Good players pick that apart for fun.

If you know how to do it there isn’t a skill gap mate I know for a fact if my players were acting like the opponents team I would be winning a lot more games I have to pass like **** to create the tiniest chance they play one ball from half line or wing and and thru on goal