Are the referee's strict enough?

SVKslato8
417 posts Sunday League Hero
I see 2-3 fouls per game while there is a lot of physicality and rough tackles in every game.
Shouldn't referee's be more strict?

Comments

• RadioShaq
    14886 posts Moderator
    They used to be but people disliked it.
  • ICUP
    3910 posts National Call-Up
    Different mechanics in this than 18. Refs need to be strict because some these rugby tackles are a joke
  • SVKslato8
    so they are happy with current strictness?
  • greif44
    2346 posts Fans' Favourite
    Referees are a joke. They don`t see clear fouls, but you get yellow card for minor things
  • Dom1878
    54 posts Park Captain
    They really need to sort it out. Obstruction is apparently allowed in FIFA 19 now, but as said above the simplest thing and its a yellow card.

Also sick of yellow cards coming back to you after an advantage - how often do we see that in regular games? Like I realise its part of the rules, but it happens way to often compared to real life.
  • forearms
    4688 posts National Call-Up
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    They used to be but people disliked it.

That's because players kept spamming the tackle button instead of timing a tackle. To circumvent this, players just used jockey and ran directly into the attackers.

As far as disliking it, it sure seems majority dislike the current overpowered AI defending, but I doubt they will change it.

Yes, I know, manual attacking comeback incoming. So let me first say I endorse full manual controls.
  • RadioShaq
    14886 posts Moderator
    It was more to do with refs deciding games. I expect ea to patch defense back to 18 though as they tend to listen to the majority.
  • forearms
    4688 posts National Call-Up
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    It was more to do with refs deciding games. I expect ea to patch defense back to 18 though as they tend to listen to the majority.

Yes. I imagine the same. It would be very interesting if they patch it to a gameplay defending more like 18 release. Obviously would never happen, but it sure would be interesting
  • MaestroPirlo21
    1217 posts Professional
    ICUP wrote: »
    Different mechanics in this than 18. Refs need to be strict because some these rugby tackles are a joke

This is what does my head in. No calls for running into a player to take the ball away.
  • SVKslato8
    can we get this passed to developers as community feedback?
  • TheDinhoKid10
    1298 posts Professional
    edited October 2018
    Refs need to be stricter. Especially in Squad Battles. You literally get owned in SB

Edited for content. Let's be more considerate of the language we used to describe being beaten. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • SVKslato8
    was this noted and passed to developers?