This is NOT Football

Bane8Toni
105 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I've played a lot of FIFA games and watched a lot of European football, so I believe this isn't football.

PACE
I've come to understand when dealing with players with great pace your tactics as a team should not allow room for passes which will give players with pace the chance to utilize their speed (this I learned from tv). So I use a Conte 3-4-3 in fifa 18 or I know you heading to the goal post so I just eliminate every possible threat of conceiving a goal (predicting the opposition in a manner at which I also intend to score) I don't need to always chase you, you want the ball in my net, I am waiting. This worked for me no matter the team I am up against in fifa 17 and 18.

Now in fifa 19 I don't have to be realistic and tactical because in FIFA 19 my slow CB would just catch up with the fastest of players and push them over without a card. My question, then why is there a speed stat. Why do European teams want quality wingers with speed?why do we get excited when messi/cr7/hazard etc beat the defense line and run toward a one-on-one situation with the goal keeper?why does Modric always want to connect a long through ball for CR7 or Bale?...its all Speed..in order to counter such a situation. You stop that pass from happening.

SHOOTING
FIFA 17 and 18 shooting was kind of fantastic. If you are a good player controlling a good striker of the ball. You get a good chance of scoring. If you're not a good fifa player. Deal with it.

In reality you don't expect Messi Cr7 Kane etc to regularly miss a clear opportunity. My question? Why was the shooting of fifa 19 made so silly they either totally go off target or float in the air(even when you do them right)? What was wrong with the previous mechanism? I am not Cr7 but I am controlling him. I am deciding his thoughts but I don't necessary have to possess his skill to shoot the ball properly. That is why anyone picks a team with quality players. You hardly see anyone wish to go to England Div2 to pick a team against Man City.

PASS

In fifa 17 and 18 through pass was unrealistic. It never went anywhere but the front of the player with pin point accuracy. I believe was done to eliminate the threat of pace. Then now it's back but useless because anyone can catch the fastest wingers in the world. My question. Why are the EA team so unrealistic and inconsistent? Why can't they just make it like it is in reality?

My Opinion

I am done. If they can't give me a real football game where a better player is a better player and can't stop considering players who should accept they are below in the skill chain. Why keep buying and playing thrash? Where better players will still learn the game a beat the weaklings yet again.

It's just a vicious circle of stupidity. So I am selling this to those who like things being nerfed so they can compete.

Comments

• Truthurts
    1775 posts Play-Off Hero
    play PES it is much closer to real football
  • AFCA_P
    85 posts Park Captain
    Truthurts wrote: »
    It is. But if you’re not playing on PS4 or PC it is kind of annoying playing against MD white and manchester blue.....
  • its the worste fifa game ever im still ranked 32nd in seasons mode on xbox but have not enjoyed any single bit of it..AI defending is a joke all he has to do is sprint back with his striker and let the cpu do the work..then when u do get a get a nice pass in behind the defence my striker that has a 92 pace rating get caught by a center half that has a 61 pace rating...everything about this game is wrong and need to be addressed but they wont answer anything or try fix it because they know they have released the worst football game of all time and cant face facts

ps:last fifa im ever buying unless this get sorted
  • Skboseph
    318 posts Sunday League Hero
    skinny712 wrote: »
    its the worste fifa game ever im still ranked 32nd in seasons mode on xbox but have not enjoyed any single bit of it..AI defending is a joke all he has to do is sprint back with his striker and let the cpu do the work..then when u do get a get a nice pass in behind the defence my striker that has a 92 pace rating get caught by a center half that has a 61 pace rating...everything about this game is wrong and need to be addressed but they wont answer anything or try fix it because they know they have released the worst football game of all time and cant face facts

ps:last fifa im ever buying unless this get sorted

Yeah this definitely needs to be fixed .. I was gonna sell cb Marcelo cause 51 pace but he’ll chase down rashford No problem
  • BSDShoes
    1601 posts Play-Off Hero
    Does nobody use kick ball forward while attacking?
  • Master110
    842 posts Semi-Pro
    BSDShoes wrote: »
    Does nobody use kick ball forward while attacking?

Triple tap the sprint button.
  • JAB69
    72 posts Park Captain

This is true and if EA would just make FIFA 19 run like the demo, it would make tons of people happy!
  • Master110
    842 posts Semi-Pro
    The best and only way to play real football on fifa is to play vs friends or offline only.

The sliders = sim games.
  • china2991
    Kicking the ball forward does not do anything, you still run at the same speed. Its just a myth you have tricked yourself into thinking you do gain an advantage because i always do it even though they still catch you.

Everything you mention is true i think they created that very assisted through ball and instead of fixing it they just said **** it lets just give everyone a low base speed on the ball. All i do on here is complain about the game but i can see that the game play mechanics they are trying are positive ideas, just very poor execution. To be able to play a through ball in any situation and find the player it's a good idea, 18 through balls were garbage but they went over the top to the point where you can play a through ball around 5 players without even positioning yourself and aiming it properly. The nice little flicks with the touch system are nice but a standard touch can be complete ****, The touch is 100% WORSE THAN FIFA18 , Again good idea poorly executed, This leads to the game being bobble city, Making a tackle and the ball rebounding back to them was one of the worse things in fifa18 and its topped that for fifa19.
  • GVlXxf
    37 posts Park Captain
    u have to change some setting in the game, like manual, such as passing etc, EA FIFA all series all internal setting that make gamer easily to pass or shoot without out of track very much as manual. simply speaking, if u want to control the ball more deeply or realistic , u have to change some setting into manual not auto or default. u will see different after making the change.
  • PACE

Personally I find it well, you need a through ball to get ahead of the defenders and keep it that way. I manage to leave behind plenty of defenders, It's just not as easy as in previous FIFA. I also find myself in trouble with people getting one on ones to my keeper with fast players. And I find it realisitc.

SHOOTING

I find it harder to shoot in this game, but quality player definetly shoot well, turn off time finishing. It's like a new skill gap, and I like it.

PASS

I find it way better this fifa, driven through balls are actually useful now, which is how you can take advantage of pace, in long distances. Also ping pong is doable but you got to have decent players and some skill. Personally loving the game.

MY OPINIONS

Acrobatic kicks need to be nerffed quite a bit.
  • Bane8Toni
    PACE

Personally I find it well, you need a through ball to get ahead of the defenders and keep it that way. I manage to leave behind plenty of defenders, It's just not as easy as in previous FIFA. I also find myself in trouble with people getting one on ones to my keeper with fast players. And I find it realisitc.

SHOOTING

I find it harder to shoot in this game, but quality player definetly shoot well, turn off time finishing. It's like a new skill gap, and I like it.

PASS

I find it way better this fifa, driven through balls are actually useful now, which is how you can take advantage of pace, in long distances. Also ping pong is doable but you got to have decent players and some skill. Personally loving the game.

MY OPINIONS

Acrobatic kicks need to be nerffed quite a bit.

PACE
    Because people can't get one on one with fast players is not realistic. Today I watched Cardiff get a red card because Lucas was about to use his pace to go one on one. The defender took one for the team because he could predict th outcome. You must be poor at defending to keep letting fast players get past your defense.

SHOOTING
    I don't see why I press the shot button and the ball would move like I am chipping or its underwater. What's timed finishing. In FIFA 17-18 I play with good players and our matches hardly every go past 3 goals. Now that's realistic. Because a good player is playing one. No when I get a chance to shoot and it looks like all my build up was for waste.

PASSING
    Either to slow or wrong direction. Body movement makes it worse. Accuracy? Too good. i still think you're not good at most fifa games.

Bicycle kicks? Easier to score than a simple shot.

Opinion?
    We are the coaches of the team. Not the individual players we control. When I pick a team, I want them to have their quality and execution. My job is to decided what they execute and not for EA to nerf and creating an imbalance to please themselves and weaklings
  • Bane8Toni
    GVlXxf wrote: »
    u have to change some setting in the game, like manual, such as passing etc, EA FIFA all series all internal setting that make gamer easily to pass or shoot without out of track very much as manual. simply speaking, if u want to control the ball more deeply or realistic , u have to change some setting into manual not auto or default. u will see different after making the change.

I need to fly so I should buy a car and change settings and expect It to fly right? Why don't they just make the game with the right damn settings. Just like people telling me to use sliders. This doesn't make **** sense
  • Bane8Toni
    china2991 wrote: »
    Kicking the ball forward does not do anything, you still run at the same speed. Its just a myth you have tricked yourself into thinking you do gain an advantage because i always do it even though they still catch you.

Everything you mention is true i think they created that very assisted through ball and instead of fixing it they just said **** it lets just give everyone a low base speed on the ball. All i do on here is complain about the game but i can see that the game play mechanics they are trying are positive ideas, just very poor execution. To be able to play a through ball in any situation and find the player it's a good idea, 18 through balls were garbage but they went over the top to the point where you can play a through ball around 5 players without even positioning yourself and aiming it properly. The nice little flicks with the touch system are nice but a standard touch can be complete ****, The touch is 100% WORSE THAN FIFA18 , Again good idea poorly executed, This leads to the game being bobble city, Making a tackle and the ball rebounding back to them was one of the worse things in fifa18 and its topped that for fifa19.

You know your stuff. I am so tired. So bored. When with the ball you seem 10x slower without it. Push the ball with the right stick if player ball control is the idea but you still are slower. And yet people say it's realistic cause it's slow. What's realistic about Cahill chasing Mbappe, catching up, hitting him down and keeper getting the ball?
  • Bane8Toni

A friend told me too. I ignored. Now I am felling like the **** of the century
  • Master110
    842 posts Semi-Pro
    Bane8Toni wrote: »

A friend told me too. I ignored. Now I am felling like tPes he **** of the century

Pes lost something when it lost UCL
  • jiajia3
    80 posts Park Captain
    No it isn’t football it is Contra !try your best to play faster and faster
  • Mithrandir75
    5 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 2018
    even for me, this is the last fifa I buy. this is not football, this is a pinball, where the ball runs fast from one side of the field to the other. There is no physics in the ball, AI players running all the way to the door, there is no play in midfield, shots that travel two hundred kilometers per hour, bought and already eliminated from my Hard Disk, this year I play at PES .
  • Bane8Toni
    even for me, this is the last fifa I buy. this is not football, this is a pinball, where the ball runs fast from one side of the field to the other. There is no physics in the ball, AI players running all the way to the door, there is no play in midfield, shots that travel two hundred kilometers per hour, bought and already eliminated from my Hard Disk, this year I play at PES .

LOL its that bad..i am not playing anything again. Sticking to my adventure games and such
  • Bane8Toni
    Master110 wrote: »

A friend told me too. I ignored. Now I am felling like tPes he **** of the century

Yes they did. That's when I left. Can't even remember when that was. Then EA started toying with my emotions. SMH
  • Bane8Toni
    jiajia3 wrote: »
    No it isn’t football it is Contra !try your best to play faster and faster

Lmfao
  • Master110
    842 posts Semi-Pro
    Master110 wrote: »

Yes they did. That's when I left. Can't even remember when that was. Then EA started toying with my emotions. SMH

I normally buy both but their is no point once they lost the UCL
  • Bane8Toni
    You tackle, the ball bounces back to to opponent.

You take a shot, and pray it will be like when you practiced.

You hope you player intercepts a pass, no he just tries when the ball has passed him.
    You gently tap to give a headed pass, the ball goes no where you asked for.

You try to guard the ball with L2 but no its pointless because strikers are better in defending than defenders trying to hold on to the ball.

You push in the midfield, yellow card! But remember being pushed in the 18 yard box and no foul.

You pass and shoot it's accurate but when you run and shoot, it's a whole different ball game.

You collide with a CPU player, you notice you're the only one falling all the time.

You trapping the ball in slow motion, yet you notice the defending team is on fast forward.

You win but feel no glory, only to realize its the end of EA's FIFA for you.

Sad tale.