Who else sucking at this game? D1 player before

RUS_PreDaToR
3286 posts National Call-Up
Can bearly keep a 50% win rate.

Comments

• Danic123
    2262 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yeah, I’m awful so far. But not settled on anything yet so plenty of time. No rush, gets boring when game is no challenge anyway.
  • Theomanny
    1357 posts Play-Off Hero
    I am sucking big time too. Used to be a div 1 player
  • Cheesyballs1970
    549 posts An Exciting Prospect
    50% win rate is actually quite good in Rivals im struggling to score keep hitting the bar/post all the time grrrrrrr

But at last thrashed a guy in Rivals was a damn good feeling
  • Mmandras
    1526 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yep, I also have about 50%, but I was div 2/3 player.
  • Magnet
    368 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yep big time so frustrating! I'm drawing so many games aswell which is weird
  • RUS_PreDaToR
    My problem is I cant get nothing going in attack any pass forward is either intercepted or im tackled fairly easily. While my opponent runs ring around me.
  • Marleigh
    2203 posts Fans' Favourite
    the aim of division rivals is that you should be matched up against players of close approximate skill, so around a 50% win rate would be expected unless you were placed in the wrong division
  • protzbischof
    2695 posts Fans' Favourite
    Used to win D1 title most of the time in FIFA 18. I stopped playing once I hit 2k points yesterday. Usually I could create at least 3-5 clear chances per game and score enough goals to win most games. Now that they have ruined finishing I need like 10 chances for 1 goal. Usually not enough with the amount of random goals that u concede after long shots/random crosses/bycicle corners.
  • Cheesyballs1970
    549 posts An Exciting Prospect
    weird is last week in Squad Battles Elite 1 yet struggling in Rivals cant even manage a 33% win rate was last year Div 3 player
  • LSB1210
    485 posts Sunday League Hero
    My problem is I cant get nothing going in attack any pass forward is either intercepted or im tackled fairly easily. While my opponent runs ring around me.

Might be the connection. There are games when my players are letargic, reacting bad, always out of position and my opponents players are all over mine. And in another game things are going my way. Maybe it's the net connection, their servers, their script, i have no ideea. Something is not right for sure. I've experienced that in 18 also.
  • RUS_PreDaToR
    LSB1210 wrote: »

Might be the connection. There are games when my players are letargic, reacting bad, always out of position and my opponents players are all over mine. And in another game things are going my way. Maybe it's the net connection, their servers, their script, i have no ideea. Something is not right for sure. I've experienced that in 18 also.

Is there anything router wise I need to do to have the best possible connection for fifa? Maybe that 1 second reaction delay makes a big difference, never really looked into that stuff.
  • Futfanatic
    11897 posts Has That Special Something
    I was a D1 player too but I don’t think I suck now, it just takes some time to get to that level again.
  • Deslash
    1318 posts Play-Off Hero
    D1 player before and now i win 2 and lose 1.. the only time i won more than 2 in a row was in the first 5games who i all won :p

Seems logic that the ratio is around 50%... you get always matched up against someone of your level.. but it is annoying.. i cant tell if i play it well or not.. i'm scared to play wl.. at this rate after 30games i will have but 15wins..
  • LSB1210
    485 posts Sunday League Hero
    LSB1210 wrote: »

Is there anything router wise I need to do to have the best possible connection for fifa? Maybe that 1 second reaction delay makes a big difference, never really looked into that stuff.

I don't think there is anything you can do. I have a very fast connection but i am far away from the servers. I really doubt that divison rivals are on dedicated servers although i always have 5 green bars, ingame sonetimes it freezes and that loading circle appears. That's on wired connection. The other day i tested a 4g mobile connection. Even worse, speed lag.
  • Massman
    180 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2018

i feel the same
    feels every game i play is against barcelona
    they defend so easily against me
    and i just cant take the ball away from them

and yes i am a div1 player (fifa 18/17/16)
    and gold1/elite3 in wl
    but this fifa is killing me
  • Baners
    10320 posts Has That Special Something
    i have learned there is only one way to play....put your camera on co-op and just pass around
  • iRusty_yo
    3711 posts National Call-Up
    Div 1 player and was hitting elite in FUT17 and I found the rivals to be as sweaty as WL... miss the DKT.
  • RadioShaq
    14658 posts Moderator
    Game is pretty different from last year. Also dedicated servers could help or hurt you I suppose depending on distantance. Also it’s early so people are not going to be settled in their skill rating or divisions yet.
  • A5B
    2974 posts National Call-Up

This is exactly how I feel.

It seems like I have no time/space/passing options in attack, but when I'm defending, I notice my opponent has time/space/attacking options. Makes me feel like I'm missing something.
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    13122 posts Has That Special Something
    iRusty_yo wrote: »
    Div 1 player and was hitting elite in FUT17 and I found the rivals to be as sweaty as WL... miss the DKT.

dkt was ideal, I got no where near enough time to get 2000 points in this stupid rivals
  • omarnyc
    3463 posts National Call-Up
    My problem is defending lol, now only way for me to play is constant pressure. Idk how opponent manages to defend.
  • Lee321
    754 posts Semi-Pro
    It’s pretty terrible for the randomness in game . Stuff like kickoff off glitch , terrible ball bounce , over powered headers / over head kicks , clunky movement of players , complete ai controlled defenders , shots are terrible . The game is based on random luck a lot of times
  • RUS_PreDaToR
    A5B wrote: »

This is exactly how I feel.

It seems like I have no time/space/passing options in attack, but when I'm defending, I notice my opponent has time/space/attacking options. Makes me feel like I'm missing something.
    I know, makes me feel like my opponents using legacy defending.
  • Professor
    1124 posts Professional
    I was D1 before as well and am currently in D4. I have noticed you cant really play with narrow formations anymore especially if the opposition is using high press. Slow passes and OP interceptions make it difficult. Try a wider formation if you arnt already
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    I think every new game that comes out I'm slightly worse than the one before. I was pretty decent on Fifa 12 and it's been downhill ever since. Pro Evo 4 I was flipping untouchable. :joy:
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    Winning 50% is not fun.
  • tilen11
    4774 posts National Call-Up
    I do :D. Stopped playing until they patch it. I refuse to tackle the same player 7 times before the ball eventually rebounds to his player who slots it in an empty net
  • truegunn3r
    8493 posts League Winner
    edited October 2018
    You’ve been found out. Have to play the game proper this year
  • Ch1cha
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    Getting to division 1 has always been easy. This is probably the first year there is an actual difference between good players and just mediocre ones
  • Idek
    9658 posts League Winner
    iRusty_yo wrote: »

dkt was ideal, I got no where near enough time to get 2000 points in this stupid rivals

The points add up over time they don't reset till you reach 2000 and redeem WL entry