FIFA 19: why still the same?

As a long time FIFA player I really have to share my thoughts about FIFA19.
Why is FIFA19, as always, each and every year, not a finished and fully product?
Why do we, end-users, who pay quite some money to get it, need to function as BETA testers for an unfinished and untested game?

The experience after one week of playing is very poor once again.
EA Sports changed gameplay in FIFA18 with almost every patch and FIFA19 is in no way different.
Once again another gameplay, once again even worse as it was before.

I will not mention all of the bugs I noticed in this week, and several might already have been addressed in the first patch within a week (!!!). Why are all these issues not tested and seen before?

The game is horrendous in the duels between players, it looks like a ping-pong match. I give the ball to you, you give it to me etc. And as usual physical teams (all english teams) are way overpowered and are very difficult to play against.

To be honest passing is improved, it is not that easy anymore to reach your teammate, but at least you have to be more careful.

EA Sports: why are you not doing a two year sequence (with one year updates of teams of course), and try to take your time to create a fully tested and working end-product to avoid all negative reviews and responses?
Why do we need to be your testers? It can't be true. GTA was waiting for 5 years to bring out a new GTA and it was close to perfection.

I hope this dicussion will be an hnest one, and not just getting replies like you should play manual instead of arcade cpu etc. That's not the point in this discussion, just to wake up EA Sports to improve their processes of developing, testing and finally selling their product.
FIFAxx is very popular but by far the most unfinished game I have even seen.

Comments

  • BSDShoes
    3206 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2018
    I've liked the changes but this year the way it plays and feels is nothing like fifa. I've had to send mine back for a refund

    What plays like FIFA for you? I think FIFA 19 plays more like a soccer game to me than ping pong with 11 people. This is the closest to PES gameplay I've seen FIFA in years.
  • Bane8Toni
    105 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    BSDShoes wrote: »
    I've liked the changes but this year the way it plays and feels is nothing like fifa. I've had to send mine back for a refund

    What plays like FIFA for you? I think FIFA 19 plays more like a soccer game to me than ping pong with 11 people. This is the closest to PES gameplay I've seen FIFA in years.

    Do you even know what football is? Or how to play a football game?
  • BSDShoes
    3206 posts National Call-Up
    Bane8Toni wrote: »
    BSDShoes wrote: »
    I've liked the changes but this year the way it plays and feels is nothing like fifa. I've had to send mine back for a refund

    What plays like FIFA for you? I think FIFA 19 plays more like a soccer game to me than ping pong with 11 people. This is the closest to PES gameplay I've seen FIFA in years.

    Do you even know what football is? Or how to play a football game?

    No... please teach me.
  • BSDShoes wrote: »
    Bane8Toni wrote: »
    BSDShoes wrote: »
    I've liked the changes but this year the way it plays and feels is nothing like fifa. I've had to send mine back for a refund

    What plays like FIFA for you? I think FIFA 19 plays more like a soccer game to me than ping pong with 11 people. This is the closest to PES gameplay I've seen FIFA in years.

    Do you even know what football is? Or how to play a football game?

    I don't think the discussion is about whether you know what football is and how to play it. We are trying to discuss why EA Sports delivers a product that is untested and unfinished. Any other software developing company would be blamed for that but EA Sports comes away with it all the time.
  • Как эту игру можно называть хорошей ? Это очень и очень плохо! Режим карьеры с каждым годом все хуже!!! А это мой любимый режим!
    Фифа 19 ужасно !!! Ждем дополения
    Я просто не понимаю как можно выпускать такую игру??! Вы просто смеетесь над нами? Это издевательство! Разработчикам большой минус !!
  • Master110
    1079 posts Professional
    BSDShoes wrote: »
    I've liked the changes but this year the way it plays and feels is nothing like fifa. I've had to send mine back for a refund

    What plays like FIFA for you? I think FIFA 19 plays more like a soccer game to me than ping pong with 11 people. This is the closest to PES gameplay I've seen FIFA in years.

    Fifa 19 is ping pong
  • Gunin
    412 posts Sunday League Hero
    Because the game is garbage .
  • Benja190782
    1763 posts Play-Off Hero
    I've always bought fifa every year, I've liked the changes but this year the way it plays and feels is nothing like fifa.

    @Retrogamer84

    Hahahaha! There you have it! You said the GOLDEN words my friend!

    “It feels nothing like fifa”

    You just said what is the biggest problem with this entire community.

    “It feels nothing like fifa”??? No it doesn’t and that is actually a very very good thing, because now it finally feels like football.

    It should feel like football and not like fifa! I don’t wanna feel fifa ever again.

  • Benja190782
    1763 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2018
    I've always bought fifa every year, I've liked the changes but this year the way it plays and feels is nothing like fifa.

    @Retrogamer84

    Hahahaha! There you have it! You said the GOLDEN words my friend!

    “It feels nothing like fifa”

    You just said what is the biggest problem with this entire community.

    “It feels nothing like fifa”??? No it doesn’t and that is actually a very very good thing, because now it finally feels like football.

    It should feel like football and not like fifa! I don’t wanna feel fifa ever again.

    @Retrogamer84

    That's not true at all, just because you love the game doesn't mean everyone else does. It's nothing like a football game, certainly not the fifa we all love and enjoy. And you are right, it is the entire community, that should tell you most of us don't agree with you.

    Not true. Because all the people who agree with me that FIFA 19 is more a football game now, is very busy playing some beautiful build up play, instead of making complains about the “the ball always bounce too much” and “the passing sucks because it takes more skills” or “no player can do a first touch - am I missing something here” etc. etc. etc.

    All day long complains instead of actually learning the new and more realistic gameplay.

    So I guess you also hate that new animation where the players take a few seconds to jump a little while picking the ball down and control it? Don’t you?

    Even tho it looks a 1000 times more authentic than FIFA 18 ever managed, but no now it suddenly sucks because you were just robbed 2 seconds of time before your player pulled that ball nicely down from the thin air.

    Right?
  • Benja190782
    1763 posts Play-Off Hero
    I've always bought fifa every year, I've liked the changes but this year the way it plays and feels is nothing like fifa.

    @Retrogamer84

    Hahahaha! There you have it! You said the GOLDEN words my friend!

    “It feels nothing like fifa”

    You just said what is the biggest problem with this entire community.

    “It feels nothing like fifa”??? No it doesn’t and that is actually a very very good thing, because now it finally feels like football.

    It should feel like football and not like fifa! I don’t wanna feel fifa ever again.

    @Retrogamer84

    That's not true at all, just because you love the game doesn't mean everyone else does. It's nothing like a football game, certainly not the fifa we all love and enjoy. And you are right, it is the entire community, that should tell you most of us don't agree with you.

    Not true. Because all the people who agree with me that FIFA 19 is more a football game now, is very busy playing some beautiful build up play, instead of making complains about the “the ball always bounce too much” and “the passing sucks because it takes more skills” or “no player can do a first touch - am I missing something here” etc. etc. etc.

    All day long complains instead of actually learning the new and more realistic gameplay.

    So I guess you also hate that new animation where the players take a few seconds to jump a little while picking the ball down and control it? Don’t you?

    Even tho it looks a 1000 times more authentic than FIFA 18 ever managed, but no now it suddenly sucks because you were just robbed 2 seconds of time before your player pulled that ball nicely down from the thin air.

    Right?

    Again you expect people to buy the game and come to the same conclusion as yours, you've said it yourself the entire community does not agree with you, the game is totally different and the entire community does not like it and I get why. You love it, great, but don't expect people to have the same view as yours.

    @Retrogamer84
    That is he hole point, my friend. As I’m definitely not expecting people to enjoy it if they don’t like it.

    What amazes me is what some people really like and expect from FIFA.

    They don’t expect football, they don’t expect beautiful animations with stunning atmosphere on the stadiums. They don’t expect incredible realistic and authentic physics.

    They ONLY expect fast arcadey ping pong passing which means they can use all their fancy fast reactions and forget about build up play. They dont want beautiful animations to take time because they think it makes the game unresponsive!

    I mean W T F is wrong with people. Are we playing FIFA without ever having watched af real football match here!?
  • @All: the subject of this discussion is NOT whether FIFA 19 is a football game or not, or if you like football or not, or if it is an arcade game or not, but it is about the fact that FIFA19 is an UNTESTED and UNFINISHED product as usual. It is very subjective to call it a good or bad game and that doesn't matter; it is about the game itself full of bugs and unfinished features. Same bugs as in FIFA18 and before, new features not worked out completely.
    That's what I am trying to make clear.
    It is indeed a very bad ping-pong game at the moment, but I hope the first patch will improve this.
Sign In or Register to comment.