The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Neuer - any reviews already? Is he worth the coins?

wrabesek
451 posts An Exciting Prospect
I have Hradecky now, who is gooood, but dont even try to let oponent shoot on corners.

Is Neuer better? I have untradable Boateng and dont know how to boost my team otherwise.

Comments

• ICUP
    4229 posts National Call-Up
    He’s trash, so unreliable. Got Leno in goal instead, he may be bad but he’s 3k vs neur 70k
  • Aegyr
    378 posts Sunday League Hero
    Packed him at the start through SBC's. Was 50K back then so decided to use him instead sell him because his price was so low. He's been really good for me and I feel a real difference between UCL Cillesen and Neuer for example. Haven't tried many other GK's though so they might perform just as well.
  • wrabesek
    SO I played 10 with Neuer. I am not sure if I want to keep him. Mighht be because it is the Neuer that I expect a lot! But he seems to let everything in, doesnt dive. Once he russed out of goal like real live!! He headed to ball.. to the oposing teams mid who scored from the half line.....

Any1 else has the same opinion? Or should I stick with him cause now he has loyalty.
  • Aspral
    3796 posts National Call-Up
    He's a GK. when have they ever been value for coins in UT?
  • DariuszA93
    231 posts Sunday League Hero
    Not worth it at all . I had Casteels with cat and he was excellent . I thought Neuer must be amazing with so many higher stats I was wrong . He was no where near the price . So I tried Fahrman. , nothing like the Fahrmann I played 1000 games with last year, tried Hradecky because of suggestions on this forum not as bad as Neuer but still no Casteels . The I tried CL Fahrmann . Still not good enough, went back to Casteels and I’m still pleased he just makes saves I don’t expect him to , that’s all I can ask from such a cheap keeper .
  • Thamightyboro
    7108 posts Big Money Move
    Packed him at start after 40 games got rid for 105k he fluffed more than he saved tbh
  • Lcfc
    2490 posts Fans' Favourite
    Who is the best keeper then?
  • Thamightyboro
    7108 posts Big Money Move
    Lcfc wrote: »
    Who is the best keeper then?

Like every FIFA whoever you like and seems to do the job for you.

18 was a bit different due to low driven being op so the saves with feet trait was massive but this year whoever you feel does the job for you.

Best keeper I've used is ruffier.

Is he the best ? God knows I just know he dug me out the crap more often than not.
  • wrabesek
    I had Hradecky, he was godly unless ut was corner. He came out, colided with players, goal. Neuer saves corners, not the rest, even if it is straight to him it is 50/50. Now I know what EA meant with that feature.
  • Wi1son73
    2572 posts Fans' Favourite
    ICUP wrote: »
    He’s trash, so unreliable. Got Leno in goal instead, he may be bad but he’s 3k vs neur 70k

Yesterday I got myself 3 bundasliga players,
    IF Werner lewandowski and neuer...
    I kept my Leno, (which was my original keeper) just in-case Neuer was a big flop!!
    I’m so glad I did, I sold him ASAP as he was horrendous!! So disappointed, so I’m back with Leno and I’m very happy atm.

Ridiculous that my opponents keeper was 80+ and was saving clear cut chances like he was 90+ keeper. Neuer is a 90+ and was acting like an 80 rated keeper.

• Kingchavez_152
    1605 posts Play-Off Hero
    We all know De gea is the best!
  • QK_CillitBang_04
    223 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2018
    Last year i played Neuer and sold him for De Gea later in the game. This year i wont be selling him. 67 games played for me mostly in division 4. He does make a difference in my eyes and makes the ocasional big save.
    Played Fährmann first who i though didnt make a difference.

Rating a goalie in Fifa is hard in my opinion especially after a few games. I tend to let a goalie play 40+ games and decide if he gave me some holy s*it momens or not.

Neuer definately does it this year.
  • Wi1son73
    Last year I had handanovic, then his inform, played more than 40 games with him. He was ❤️❤️❤️❤️ from the start, but I still persisted, why I don’t know as he was still trash.

I eventually got courtios, he defo made a difference!! Guess everyone says different! At 65k (why so cheap) he’s definitely affordable.

But i didn’t see his 90 stat in the few games I played him. Leno is doing a good job and he’s under 4K
  • Wi1son73

Not at corners though
  • ICUP
    4229 posts National Call-Up

not for near post shots he's not
  • cashgrabloel
    35 posts Park Captain
    neue is absolute garbage tbh
    use 2 german defenders and get ter stegen. all i can say.

switched from bundes to la liga and im enjoying it way more with courtois / oblak in goal what a beast
  • wrabesek
    I ended up selling Neuer. Also David Silva, who just didnt do well for me after patch. Got Firmino, Jesus and Fahrman for now. Will buy Ederson when I get coins.
  • Mr. Soper
    2617 posts Fans' Favourite
    You people are crazy. By far the best keeper I have tried. Does everything well. People who like Leno must be smoking crack. Tried Leno he punches way too much. Neuer makes some stunning catches that I haven seen other keepers do. Also he can outlet the ball with long throws are deep kicks. Lastly he has the one on one save trait, which allows him to charge a break away player and GET BIG.
  • FilipCRO
    12 posts Ball Boy
    Unexpected comments. Does godly for me.