The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Investment Mistakes

sako10shagster
446 posts An Exciting Prospect
Just lost a decent amount investing in Sterling hoping he would get in the TOTW.

Want to hear other people's trading mistakes to feel better.

Have at it.

Comments

• Futfanatic
    14984 posts World Class
    Idk, never made a mistake.
  • Boysie91
    10424 posts Has That Special Something
    Mahrez I left it to late to sell and lost 15-20k on buying 3 of him but no biggie
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    That's not investing that's speculation.
  • sako10shagster
    446 posts An Exciting Prospect
    tikitaka33 wrote: »
    That's not investing that's speculation.
    Touche

• fussydutchman
    1161 posts Professional
    Should have sold Hulk when he was big and green.
  • Thamightyboro
    7108 posts Big Money Move
    And I hope you haven't panic sold him.

It's awfully tight between him and hazard for potm
  • CeeQue
    12357 posts Has That Special Something
    Hitting the re-list button of Liverpool player's for 1.5k yesterday.
  • Numlocked_
    1907 posts Fans' Favourite
    And I hope you haven't panic sold him.

It's awfully tight between him and hazard for potm

True that, I hope they give it to Hazard tough
  • Noo
    1036 posts Professional
    Bought players for prospective Chinese League SBC. Nobody seems to think it was a good idea lol. 40k or so.
  • not a mistake technically but sold matips on the weekend . lost out on potential 150 k.
  • Adifunky
    748 posts Semi-Pro
    Mbapp's cost me 40K.. brought for 410 and made the loss...
  • boomtw3
    350 posts Sunday League Hero
    Don't sell him now. That's panic sell. Sell on Saturday
  • Flamstead
    3000 posts National Call-Up
    CeeQue wrote: »
    Hitting the re-list button of Liverpool player's for 1.5k yesterday.

Yeah that burns bro. Feel for you.
  • Flamstead
    3000 posts National Call-Up
    Noo wrote: »
    Bought players for prospective Chinese League SBC. Nobody seems to think it was a good idea lol. 40k or so.

It's a decent idea but you've sunk 40k you could've used short term.

Chinese New Year SBCs may do wonders for your investments. Hold tight.
  • Thamightyboro
    7108 posts Big Money Move

I've bought the whole league lol and the Saudi.

Praying for teixera and Giuliano as picks lol
  • Countyg
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Before release I bought around 450 bronze squad fitness cards all for 350 coins or less and I’ve just finished selling them over the past 2 days all at 750bin lol #doubleurmoney
  • Noo
    1036 posts Professional

I've bought the whole league lol and the Saudi.

Praying for teixera and Giuliano as picks lol

Same here, all of the Chinese league golds and silvers (except Hulk, Anderson Talisca and Paulinho) plus bronzes to fill out all 16 teams at 442.

It's a decent idea but you've sunk 40k you could've used short term.

Chinese New Year SBCs may do wonders for your investments. Hold tight.

Thanks. I'm committed now. It could come good but 40k would have been useful about now lol.
  • PrimedRecon62
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Might make a little Los on martial and lacazette if weekend league rise doesn't go to plan... other than that I just sunk a couple hundred K on discard IF's
  • pkingara
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    I spent over 90k thinking the La Liga sbc would be soon, only to find out it didn’t come till March last year...
  • Nervous_Nick
    6182 posts Big Money Move
    Sold all my low rated gold cards for cheap, to get coins for investments....and then come the UCL sbc’s... :#
  • WarrenBarton
    9877 posts League Winner
    edited October 2018
    Not made any silly losses yet but I have bought a CL Kondogbia and a CL Fekir for max price so that could potentially change. Could also turn out well tbh
  • Mazza17
    827 posts Professional
    What’s people’s thoughts in investing in 83 nacho Fernandez. Only at 1.6k!? Surely worth buying with potential icon sbc soon?
  • EisenErmin
    8223 posts League Winner

Did that too. But because of mass bidding i picked up so many silver chinese players i already had, that i was able to sell them for 400-600 coins each (while paying only 200 on average). After all i have hundreds of players from china in my club and by selling all the duplicates i broke even at least. whenever the leafue SBC will come, i will make 200-300K easily
  • oldboiler
    2387 posts Fans' Favourite
    Last year invested in the SPL SBC in advance and it didn’t arrive :D

Already twice this year on the companion app accidentally submitted a buy now at 10000 coins for a couple of discard silvers for Ligue 1 and Serie A league SBCs
  • Blaster
    834 posts Professional
    Just lost a decent amount investing in Sterling hoping he would get in the TOTW.

Want to hear other people's trading mistakes to feel better.

Have at it.

I done the same as you.. 10x sterling's... oh well
  • klaas9
    1035 posts Professional
    Was hoping for prices going up for high rated NIF’s this week anyway (before 1st WL) but UCL dump ❤️❤️❤️❤️ it up.
  • FreddieKane
    713 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 2018
    Not an absolute disaster but bought a OTW Keita for 43k the other day because I was convinced he'd get a few IFs this year, but now he's potentially injured and dropping like a stone.

The ~25k loss for worse case scenario isn't that dire so I'm gonna hang on to him and hope for the best. At the very least, the OTW cards look sweet :smiley:
  • truegunn3r
    9963 posts Has That Special Something
    edited October 2018
    Not an absolute disaster but bought a OTW Keita for 43k the other day because I was convinced he'd get a few IFs this year, but now he's potentially injured and dropping like a stone.

The ~25k loss for worse case scenario isn't that dire so I'm gonna hang on to him and hope for the best. At the very least, the OTW cards look sweet :smiley:

He will rise back up when there is an SBC which requires a OTW. Considering he’s from premier league he may be required in a future POTM. Depends if you’re willing to wait
  • FreddieKane
    713 posts An Exciting Prospect
    truegunn3r wrote: »

He will rise back up when there is an SBC which requires a OTW. Considering he’s from premier league he may be required in a future POTM. Depends if you’re willing to wait

Oh I didn't even consider the possibility of SBCs, good call! I'm waiting regardless at this point, hopefully the injury isn't too bad.