Are you a FIFA streamer? Get yourself added to the forum list here

Fifa 19 Nintendo Switch vs PS4/Xbox/PC

JoaoJC
9 posts Ball Boy
edited October 2018
Hi everyone,

I'm a FIfa owner on PC since 2010 (buy it yearly), back then where the PC version was utterly different than the console version, then on 2013 (not sure of the year) both games where exactly the same on graphics and features, since 2017 I got myself a nintendo switch.

So I ended up buying both games (18 and 19), and stop buying on PC, even though I knew that frostbite won't be on switch I still don't understand why the rest of the features are not available.

Things I understand are not on switch:
  • Graphics
  • Gameplay (Response, Double tipping, etc)
  • The Journey

Things I don't understand are not on switch (are not related to frostbite):
  • My club (11 vs 11 online)
  • FutChampions
  • Career Trades
  • Squad Rivals
  • Training before kick off (same since 2016)
  • Web App
  • change player indicator
  • Leveling Awards

As far as I know it was due to lack of time to add these features, I mean I also own nba2k19 (33 gb on download) and it has the same features: Story mode, team mode, career mode, etc. It also has the same engine (a little bit down graphics but still awesome) and I have access to the web app (I can scan my face on the game)

So as I said, I'm a fifa fan since 2010 and I might even think on buying fifa 20, I still have hope that EA takes the same route it did on PC having the same features, however I feel like nintendo switch users are not being treated with the same respect as the other version's owners, we paid the same money for it.

So do you agree or disagree with my statements?

If there is something else I'm missing on my list, let me know.
Post edited by JoaoJC on

Comments

• jg3711
    1 posts Ball Boy
    I too am a FIFA loyalist dating well back into the 90's with all versions being on the Nintendo platform.

I agree 100% with this comment. The game should be priced far less for the content we are receiving. In no way does this seem fair to users of Nintendo Switch who just want to be able to enjoy the same game as everyone else on the online community.

I was aware and willing to accept some of the performance differences on the Nintendo Switch when purchasing the game but shouldn't have to accept the content differences when paying the same exact price as users of other platforms.

As the user above stated, content improvements have been added for PC in the past, so please, as a payer of full price for FIFA 19 (the same as users of other platforms!!), make this possible for Nintendo Switch by adding content through future updates for the sake of sales of FIFA on the Nintendo platform.

Thank you for understanding this issue and your help with improving content on this platform!

• iSgher
    2 posts Ball Boy
    I totally agree with you and I hope that ea will answer soon because the difference from the other versions is too much.
    I hope it will be developed at least something to manage fut market (webapp/companion).
  • tallarida
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Correct me if I´m wrong...

Switch has less available formations than on ps4 (for example: 4-2-4, and all the other new formations that are on the other consoles).

If I´m right about this being missing, it´s probably one of the easiest things that could have been included... that wasn´t.
  • Rotorooter
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Yup they are all missing. That is quite frankly unforgivable. The fact that they just ignore the requests for information on updates/patches is crap. They must know at this stage whether these things will be implemented. Instead we get someone who isn't involved in the game telling us nothing and basically saying don't ask questions. My £50 is clearly not as important.
  • sdub51
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    those formations are available in offline game modes on switch :|

i used 424 in career mode last year
  • the_bad_seeds_fc
    249 posts Sunday League Hero
    JoaoJC wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm a FIfa owner on PC since 2010 (buy it yearly), back then where the PC version was utterly different than the console version, then on 2013 (not sure of the year) both games where exactly the same on graphics and features, since 2017 I got myself a nintendo switch.

So I ended up buying both games (18 and 19), and stop buying on PC, even though I knew that frostbite won't be on switch I still don't understand why the rest of the features are not available.

Things I understand are not on switch:
    • Graphics
    • Gameplay (Response, Double tipping, etc)
    • The Journey

Things I don't understand are not on switch (are not related to frostbite):
    • My club (11 vs 11 online)
    • FutChampions
    • Career Trades
    • Squad Rivals
    • Training before kick off (same since 2016)
    • Web App
    • change player indicator
    • Leveling Awards

As far as I know it was due to lack of time to add these features, I mean I also own nba2k19 (33 gb on download) and it has the same features: Story mode, team mode, career mode, etc. It also has the same engine (a little bit down graphics but still awesome) and I have access to the web app (I can scan my face on the game)

So as I said, I'm a fifa fan since 2010 and I might even think on buying fifa 20, I still have hope that EA takes the same route it did on PC having the same features, however I feel like nintendo switch users are not being treated with the same respect as the other version's owners, we paid the same money for it.

So do you agree or disagree with my statements?

If there is something else I'm missing on my list, let me know.

Totally agree with this...
  • You are absolutely right. I too, have played FIFA for many years at this point. I've played Ultimate Team almost religiously since it was introduced in FIFA09. But while I've played a lot of FIFA on PS3/Xbox One over the years, I've also been a big Nintendo fan for even longer. FIFA 18 on the Switch sounded like a dream to me, it even had Ultimate Team, for the first time on a Nintendo system. It ended up being pretty subpar, but at the same time, I read many interviews from EA reps who worked on the Switch version who said they were restricted in development due to time restraints. That would obviously make you think that FIFA 19 would amend for the missing features, but no.

Lack of Frostbite isn't even much of an excuse. As far as I remember, the director of the Switch version of FIFA 18 said Frostbite could be implemented on the system, but again, it wasn't due to a lack of development time. I guess maybe it's the handheld aspect of the Switch that's keeping them from doing Frostbite, but there would be plenty of workarounds for that. It could be Frostbite docked and then just downscaled to 144p in handheld if they really needed to.

But either way, Frostbite or not doesn't matter much to me. However, there's no excuse for them to charge the same for the Switch version as any other version, even though there are so many none-Frostbite related things missing.
  • Impossible not to agree on every thing you say. I have been playing fifa for years now, got a switch this year and decided to play FIFA 19 there. A complete loss of time and money. Luckly I got a refund (not real cash, but nintendo eshop funds which I probably was going to use on some other game anyway), good enough. So I am getting FIFA 19 for PS4 instead. This may be my last comment on the Switch forum... at least until a fully featured FIFA is launched. Cheers.
  • Impossible not to agree on every thing you say. I have been playing fifa for years now, got a switch this year and decided to play FIFA 19 there. A complete loss of time and money. Luckly I got a refund (not real cash, but nintendo eshop funds which I probably was going to use on some other game anyway), good enough. So I am getting FIFA 19 for PS4 instead. This may be my last comment on the Switch forum... at least until a fully featured FIFA is launched. Cheers.
    I was extremely dissapointed with the switch version of fifa 18, now i’m back on ps4 with fifa 19. I liked the idea of playing on the go, but the game was lacking on all type of aspects. A half baked version of the real fifa.

• Mmandras
    1136 posts Professional
    edited October 2018
    Yeah that's why I'm not playing it on Switch. Besides, I'm also busy with companion app on the go.

Getting Fifa 18 late for Switch was a big mistake. Nevermind the lack of content, I couldn't even find opponents for WC UT mode.

We really shouldn't support this kind of poor effort by EA. I assume that Switch development team is five guys in outsourced chinese basement.
  • Solari
    1771 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mmandras wrote: »
    Yeah that's why I'm not playing it on Switch. Besides, I'm also busy with companion app on the go.

Getting Fifa 18 late for Switch was a big mistake. Nevermind the lack of content, I couldn't even find opponents for WC UT mode.

We really shouldn't support this kind of poor effort by EA. I assume that Switch development team is five guys in outsourced chinese basement.
    agreed and will never ever get fifa so switch again
  • sdub51
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    with console you have buggy
    Mmandras wrote: »

5 guys in a Romanian basement but yeah basically
  • Fully agree with a lot being said here - I can accept some small differences or omissions, but it is embarrassing that a company like EA can make such a hash of Fifa 19. I am complaining to Nintendo to request a partial refund and to ask that they not allow EA to market the game without mentioning the fact that it is missing a huge chunk of content.
  • @cheesemeup let us know how it goes, if they will refund I'll follow your steps.

Hey, the face of FIFA19 on Nintendo Switch, who like to Create games (from his interview), Andrei Lăzărescu, how many in the basement, people are concerned, 5 or 6 ? Thanks.
  • Rotorooter
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    @EA_Andy Will we hear back from anyone regarding these issues? It already feels like the small community is going to disperse. Plus the fact that people asking for refunds helps neither us(the players) nor your company. Please reach out to someone. Like I have said before, I'm really enjoying the on pitch improvement, just not the off pitch things.
  • I'm glad my post got such a good reception.

By the way is the last update has anything to do with the lack of content we are talking about?.
  • My 2 cents is that EA see the Switch edition as an entry level for very young players, not worthy of the whole play mechanics or standard service level. Has anybody complained to Nintendo, and received some feedback?
  • So it would be fair if it was cheaper than the PS4, XBOX and PC version, right?. The only thing I've heard is that they didn't have enough time to implement them.
  • And there is no active first touch on Switch?! Is there a thread somewhere for this problem?
  • Hello My name is A.B! I live in Hawaii now. So after being away from any game consoles for quite a bit( about 2 or 3 years). I finally fell for nintendo switch like a b...ch(lol). But most importantly i was driven by an idea that i can play fifa19 on nintendo switch, on the go, that whole concept blew my mind, i was sold by it, so much that i didn't even look at the down sides, but now after playing fifa 19 on switch for about a week, im thinking of returning my switch or getting a different console. That's how badly im feeling towards fifa19 on switch, i thought i will play online any time when i have strong wifi, (just simple online 1v1 with any teams)but, NO , the online community for fifa19 on switch, in Hawaii, USA is nonexistent. I would sit there waiting to find opponents for at least 2-3 hours before I finally decide to quit on it. So idk what to do right now, should return the switch while I'm able to; or wait and hope that EA SPORTS will fix the issue with FIFA19 ONLINE For NINTENDO SWITCH any time soon? It's a legitimate question please respond. Oh by the way if you bought the physical game itself on switch and opened it, you are screwed, because legally the store can not refund your game, so you are stuck with it now, awesome!!! Thanks EA!