Input lag/delay, the list of all my changes !

MonzterKush
31 posts Last Pick at the Park
edited October 2018
The game was unplayable, 2sec. delay was horrible, i losing all game and spend a looooooot of money in this game last FIFA 12 / 13.

I have changed pc 2 times. NO CHANGE ALWAYS GET 2SEC DELAY.
I have changed my screens 2 times. NO CHANGE ALWAYS GET 2SEC DELAY.
Trying on XBOX 1. (only buyed for FIFA) NO CHANGE ALWAYS GET 2SEC DELAY.
Trying on PS4. (only buyed for FIFA) NO CHANGE ALWAYS GET 2SEC DELAY.
I have changed my gamepad about 10 times, so much was broken in wall. NO CHANGE ALWAYS GET 2SEC DELAY.
I have changed ISP 5 times. NO CHANGE ALWAYS GET 2SEC DELAY.
I have fiber 300mega symetric. NO CHANGE ALWAYS GET 2SEC DELAY.
I have second fiber 200DL/10UL. NO CHANGE ALWAYS GET 2SEC DELAY.
Changed all cable. (ethernet, usb, hdmi, multiple outlet). NO CHANGE ALWAYS GET 2SEC DELAY.
Trying on new origin account with a NEW copy of FIFA. NO CHANGE ALWAYS GET 2SEC DELAY.
I moved 3 times. NO CHANGE ALWAYS GET 2SEC DELAY.
Trying all troubleshooting tricks. NO CHANGE ALWAYS GET 2SEC DELAY.
Trying on fresh install windows 10. NO CHANGE ALWAYS GET 2SEC DELAY.
Changed DNS + Flush. NO CHANGE ALWAYS GET 2SEC DELAY.
Trying with WTfast. NO CHANGE ALWAYS GET 2SEC DELAY.

All these changes have a price, spending so much money for playing in good conditions ...

How the hell you can pretend it's a problem on MY side ????????????????????????????????????????????

When will you react ???????????????

Post edited by MonzterKush on

Comments

• Recoba
    3430 posts National Call-Up
    Upgrade your connection.
  • Springveldt
    4428 posts National Call-Up
    It's only a game mate, you need to calm down.

Just accept that the gameplay online is garbage and move on with your life.
  • MonzterKush
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Fifa-17-Button-lag-delay/td-p/5598320

When i see how many of us have this problem, yeah, i think to finally calm down, EA really dont care about the problem, tbh, without FUT mode, it's a pretty bad football game, going to try PES.
  • jajce111
    2768 posts Fans' Favourite
    Choose a better internet provider, with potato internet you will always have 2 sec delay...
  • MonzterKush
    @jajce111 In all posts u are, u'r always focused on internet provider, stop it now please, u'r ridiculous as hell.
  • jajce111
    @jajce111 In all posts u are, u'r always focused on internet provider, stop it now please, u'r ridiculous as hell.

You havent yet tried to change it, you did all of those stuff , but you didnt change your internet provider yet... But if you like delay ok whatever...
  • MonzterKush
    @jajce111 Can you please read better next time ?

"I have changed ISP 5 times. NO CHANGE ALWAYS GET 2SEC DELAY.
    I have second fiber 200DL/10UL. NO CHANGE ALWAYS GET 2SEC DELAY."

ISP= internet service provider ...

• jajce111
    edited October 2018

Damn then your country really have potato internet...

P. S its hard to believe you managed to change isp so many times, because when you go to isp you sign a contract and video game not working well is not good enough reason to break contract and switch to other isps, and if you break contract without any reason you pay the fine. So basically you wasted thousands of $ to change isps just because fifa was not working? I find it hard to believe your story, i think you made up some things ...
  • MonzterKush
    My contry have really good quality of internet, i'm talking for fiber not for adsl, as i said, it's EA fault, not our fault, but ur brain are so closed for understand this thing. U'r like a little fanboy or working for EA, maybe u just want get most of posts u can get, it may be your goal in life, dunno ...

In my country, all new ISP refund termination Fee of the old one, or after like one year, u can quit/change for free, and one time again, you did not think, i did not change all these ISP in 6 months ... get the problem for 5 or 6 years now.

I'm using for now Netlimiter and glasswire, and i can tell you one thing, FIFA 19 connecting to many countries at the same time (austria ??? wtf ... France, England, United states, Irland and Netherlands) and this, for only be in FUT menu, i'm living in France, on the border of Germany, and when i launch a game for playing, it's always German, Russian, Poland and East side of Europe, no sense ...

It's enough for now, dont reply please, u'r useless and dont feed the thread in the right direction.
  • KnightRider1804
    90 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    jajce111 wrote: »

Damn then your country really have potato internet...

P. S its hard to believe you managed to change isp so many times, because when you go to isp you sign a contract and video game not working well is not good enough reason to break contract and switch to other isps, and if you break contract without any reason you pay the fine. So basically you wasted thousands of $ to change isps just because fifa was not working? I find it hard to believe your story, i think you made up some things ...

I have the feeling you're the potato! If this guy has been having problems for 5-6 years, he definitely changed his ISP several times. He clearly said he has 2 connections. I HAVE 2 BB CONNECTIONS TOO! Anyway, what do you even mean by a potato connection? I've seen people having this problem with FTTP with 1 ms latency to the server. This is not just a game! I feel I would destroy many of the PROs if I did not have any delay to manage and qualify for tournaments. This is a cow EA likes to milk as much as they can. I changed monitors. I've changed 4 ISPs in 2 years. I've changed consoles. How do you explain even Sq Battles has delay and lag? Skipping frames on an offline mode?
  • BeardedBerk
    1598 posts Play-Off Hero
    its probs his internet that is shocking hence he gets good gameplay after, after the testing a number of us did last year this was the case... more poor the internet - the better the gameplay
  • Springveldt
    its probs his internet that is shocking hence he gets good gameplay after, after the testing a number of us did last year this was the case... more poor the internet - the better the gameplay
    Yep, guys on wi-fi and 4G where getting better connections than those on ethernet and fibre due to lag compensation.

I stopped playing 17 and 18 due to input delay, but I guess my BT Inifinty 80/20 connection must be poor for FIFA only as all other online games are fine.

And before @jajce111 starts drivelling on about port forwarding the PS4 was in the DMZ with a QOS set up to make sure it was the top priority but guess what, the game still had input delay.
  • BeardedBerk
    1598 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yep, guys on wi-fi and 4G where getting better connections than those on ethernet and fibre due to lag compensation.

I stopped playing 17 and 18 due to input delay, but I guess my BT Inifinty 80/20 connection must be poor for FIFA only as all other online games are fine.

And before @jajce111 starts drivelling on about port forwarding the PS4 was in the DMZ with a QOS set up to make sure it was the top priority but guess what, the game still had input delay.

I'm on TalkTalk 80/20 qos down to 65/15 which gives me A+ on dslreports testing with every other game being fine other than fifa.

Forgot to write this the other morning I was playing a guy who gad his mic on and his TV WAY!!!! to loud so I could hear everything and I was glad he did because his game was a second behind what was happening on my screen but I had the second delay in the rivals game.

Then this morning I get this :smiley:

https://imgur.com/a/MpBV80X
    No goalposts
  • silencer747
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Turn off vsync and lock frames to 120 HZ ( even with 60hz monitor) and consider gsync if you can afford.

Not sure where you live but you could be in a dead spot. Where you are far away/in the middle from any server and will always have delay. Could try a vpn. Sometimes you get better routing, if available.
  • BeardedBerk
    1598 posts Play-Off Hero
    Turn off vsync and lock frames to 120 HZ ( even with 60hz monitor) and consider gsync if you can afford.

Not sure where you live but you could be in a dead spot. Where you are far away/in the middle from any server and will always have delay. Could try a vpn. Sometimes you get better routing, if available.

Last 2 things I've left to physically try is a 144hz monitor and try using a VPN.

I'm in North West UK
  • khibrahim94
    4 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 2018
    I got the same issue I live 70km away from Frankfurt I got 144hz monitor fiber connection even when i check my ping and jitter they are really low (10ms,0.15ms) yet I have awful delay it started with fifa 19 at the end of fifa 18 month I got top 12 for monthlies I really think its the tick rate of the servers they are still using 10hz or even lower since they dont post any info regarding this matter
  • BeardedBerk
    1598 posts Play-Off Hero
    I got the same issue I live 70km away from Frankfurt I got 144hz monitor fiber connection even when i check my ping and jitter they are really low (10ms,0.15ms) yet I have awful delay it started with fifa 19 at the end of fifa 18 month I got top 12 for monthlies I really think its the tick rate of the servers they are still using 10hz or even lower since they dont post any info regarding this matter

mine started with fifa 16 ... a thread we had going over the last few years about general gameplay (which combined must have had 10k replies) some have had it with fifa always.

probably is tick rate as there was a thread on this last year that they had "supposedly" upgraded them, as most of us knows its the servers that just cannot handle the amount of people

• silencer747
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Ouch if you still get bad results with that equipment something else is definitely the issue. But I do believe they switched to 60hz in fifa 18. I remember in pre release interviews devs saying that the game now ''updates every frame''. Sounds like it would run at 60hz, but if that also counts for the network I don't know. Would be nice if there was so clarification on that.

I live in the Netherlands closeby Amsterdam and honestly my connection is superb to all EA games (under 10ms ping in most if not all), I believe a server is located in Amsterdam so that is a big plus for me. But what I learn from this experience is that it's mostly my opponent that is causing havoc on delays and such, when I play against opponents from the Netherlands and neighbours there is almost never any delays. But often late at night things start to get messy as I am starting to get opponents from Portugal, Poland, sometimes even Russia and beyond. And then it really stands out vs the smooth games.
    What we really need I think is the option to set restrictions and filters on the servers and opponents we connect to. I rather wait a bit for an opponent than this laggy mess sometimes...

oh and tone down the lag compensation! this only makes it worse... les technical people won't think they lag, they don't see any stutters so ''all is smooth and fine'' and then they get used to it... doesn't do any one any good.
  • joehuk
    2989 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2018
    game does feel a lot worse than week 1...

I've got crazy delay at the moment game is unplayable so unresponsive.

game was perfect last week, so far this week absolutely shocking I actually thought id got away from laggy xbox now it feels just as bad.
    Post edited by joehuk on
  • BeardedBerk
    1598 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yeh I played 3 games tonight between 7:30/9pm UK time and the one sided delay for me was comical... So difficult just trying to do a simple pass
  • Springveldt
    Yeh I played 3 games tonight between 7:30/9pm UK time and the one sided delay for me was comical... So difficult just trying to do a simple pass
    If it makes you feel any better I was getting input delay in squad battles at the same time. The game felt fine but passing and shooting was ridiculous.

Watching the replays all my pass inputs would be on target with my intended player but just before the pass was released you would see the direction arrow suddenly change. This was me already thinking the pass was released and I was trying to make the target run in a new direction.

All my shots just seemed to go straight down the middle even with the arrow pointing at the corner. Again I think it was because I had assumed the shot was on its way and let go of the analogue stick.

I’ve got a 144hz monitor, it doesn’t help with input delay.

To be fair, it’s the first time I’ve experienced in 19. I played 5 Rivals games on Sunday afternoon and they were all fine.
  • MonzterKush
    Nothing new or better on my side, unplayable ... what happens on the ground is totally absurd :

- Slow pass to left going backward like a missile, pass to forward going to right etc ...
    - Little and fast press on pass or shoot = Idiot strong shoot and conversely ...
    - Players dont move and stay in place like they had lost their brains ...
    - Changing players with cursor was an indescribable pain ...
    - Spamming buttons like a **** just for one action ...
    - All i do was so slowly ...
    - Sprint is like a unsprint button ...
    - I get destroyed by my opponent and the referee whistles a foul against me + yellow card ...
    - All i do is late ... my opponent have the time to come on me 3 times ...

All this **** that does not make any sense !

Free bonus :

https://streamable.com/vq9ip
  • BeardedBerk
    1598 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nothing new or better on my side, unplayable ... what happens on the ground is totally absurd :

- Slow pass to left going backward like a missile, pass to forward going to right etc ...
    - Little and fast press on pass or shoot = Idiot strong shoot and conversely ...
    - I get destroyed by my opponent and the referee whistles a foul against me + yellow card ...

Free bonus :

Yeh the sprinting is what baffles me most, I'm so slow it seems the other guy is so fast but that's the one sided delay.
    That penalty sums up the game currently, just a mess.

I've just played a game of rivals and it wasn't bad for a change although it's 8am UK time so server load not massive but my god it was made hard for me as the guy wasn't very good at all.

Won 4-3 which should have been about 10-0
    His 3rd goal nearly sent me jumping out of the window.... Make a tackle, ball bounces back towards my goal, the game refuses to select the player next to the ball who then starts to move away from the ball, the player who made the tackle the only one it will select who is behind the attacker now and its 3-3

Adaptive controls at its finest keeping bad players in the game.

I don't mind losing a game if it's fair, just not this bs that gets worse every year
  • joehuk
    2989 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2018
    Still the game does not feel like it did last week...

it seems my players no longer want to move, can no longer pass a ball with any pace, no longer turn.
    shooting is delayed as anything by the time my player reacts i'm tackled.

really frustrating, probably get my rewards tomorrow then sack it off for a week or 2.

the game actually feels sooooo crap it's not even funny first week I was enjoying the game now it's fighting against my own team i just wanna ALT F4 every game.

what a joke.

I even bought new players to try keeping my 'old' ones that performed so well last week, made zero difference no matter who i have my team play worse than a bronze team, went back to my players that were brilliant last week, same crap.

update: 1pm game still unplayable delay gets worse and worse each match.
    Post edited by joehuk on
  • Nothing new or better on my side, unplayable ... what happens on the ground is totally absurd :

Free bonus :

the same bs I am facing too also the same penalty happened to me the wl I also decided not to push for high ranks as I always do because I knew I will get destroyed because I am always two step behind.
    feels bad I hope we get a clear answers.
    Also I noticed something like the first 15-20 min game everything feels responsive fast accurate then suddenly delay start growing while time is passing by , I dont know wtf is this, but I am pretty sure its not from my end .
  • MonzterKush
    edited October 2018
    "Also I noticed something like the first 15-20 min game everything feels responsive fast accurate then suddenly delay start growing while time is passing by , I dont know wtf is this, but I am pretty sure its not from my end."

I noticed exactly the same thing !

0 to 20 min = responsive, like, no problem ?!
    20 to 30min = 0.5sec delay
    30 to 45min = 1sec delay

Second half was a nightmare, 2 seconds delay and all i have said above.

• jajce111
    I have no delay at all, i never had any delay in fut champions or rivals it is all working fine so far. You should requested a refund for fifa and move on, if it is not working it is not , try pes or anything else...
  • jajce111 wrote: »
    I have no delay at all, i never had any delay in fut champions or rivals it is all working fine so far. You should requested a refund for fifa and move on, if it is not working it is not , try pes or anything else...

everything was okay before, every multiplayer game I got runs like buttery smooth expect this garbage. also I dont like pes so please stop telling people what to do
  • MonzterKush
    edited October 2018
    @khibrahim94 : (fr?)

Dont pay attention to @jajce111, he's useless on this forum.

"Yeah, i have been warned for that ! GG jajce111, you did get what you want, you do your job well"
    Post edited by MonzterKush on
  • jajce111
    Hey not my problem you have potato internet...