Your thoughts on Fifa 19 Pro Clubs?

DanCJ
533 posts An Exciting Prospect
1. The AI defending of the back line is ridiculous at times. At first when our pros were lower rated we really struggled which was to be expected, we are picking up now. But like UT the defenders interceptions and some of the tackles and touches they pull off are borderline ridiculous. Everyone seems to pump in crosses and most goals are from headers and corners. Are we surprised? Not really considering how over-powered they are.

2. Crossing, headers and corners. They are overpowered, simple as. Sad everyone has realised it and don’t get much build up play through the middle as much. I still try it but a perfectly timed through ball still must get past a mad bot interception. You are grateful the times the stars do align and it comes off, if the bot defender doesn’t catch your striker that is.

3. Custom kits and badges are a nice new addition like that.

4. Really fun mode with your mates, wish they would have made proper improvements to it this year. Sadly not.

5. When your playing without an ‘any’ the bots seem desperate to play the ball back across the defence and ping pong passes between the centre half and the full back. Also any sign of minimal danger they just hoof it out of play for a thrown in which is totally unnecessary.

What do you all think?

Comments

• dezy22
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Too much users play pro clubs if they removed it they would lose a big part of there fan base I know plenty of users who only buy for clubs me included and I wouldn’t buy Fifa if there wasn’t any clubs
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    edited October 2018
    It's just last year's Pro Clubs but worse. It doesn't seem to track your stats in clubs at the moment, so that's one glitch. CAM position in some formations seems to be glitched as well as it wants you to play CDM and CF at the same time. Player's touch is appalling even with 85+ ball control. Passes frequently go to the wrong player. And your point 5 is correct, AI defenders decision-making is baffling. It's a constant battle really.
  • FifaGod97
    134 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Pro Club is most tedious mode now no new changes, bots are still useless at times & occasionally GKs glitch when calling for the ball they hold it for longer than they need and kick the ball out of play and ruin a counter attack.. its the exact same every as previous Fifa. My team always gets top 100 then after that nothing else to do
  • Korthan
    2392 posts Fans' Favourite
    Shooting is powderpuff, inaccurate, soft, easily saved or high and wide...headers the same. By my count I could have had two long shot goals, two close range shot goals and four headers goals. But out of those I have none.

Pace and acceleration totally nerfed. Can't turn or pass defenders/defending midfielders. Defender response time is inhumanly quick (almost psychic) and with their super strength can walk through your player's body and come away with the ball and there's nothing you can do about it. They're onto you before you can get a quick pass away most of the time. And the passing is intercepted much more. There's always another player swooping in from nowhere to block any meaningful passing move to counter all this.

Yeah great fun.
  • MissterTash
    219 posts Sunday League Hero
    Is this the positive kind of thread that you would rather i contributed to @EA_Andy ?
  • dezy22 wrote: »
    Too much users play pro clubs if they removed it they would lose a big part of there fan base I know plenty of users who only buy for clubs me included and I wouldn’t buy Fifa if there wasn’t any clubs

I've bought it for Pro Clubs only
  • Orikoru
    Korthan wrote: »
    Shooting is powderpuff, inaccurate, soft, easily saved or high and wide...headers the same. By my count I could have had two long shot goals, two close range shot goals and four headers goals. But out of those I have none.

Pace and acceleration totally nerfed. Can't turn or pass defenders/defending midfielders. Defender response time is inhumanly quick (almost psychic) and with their super strength can walk through your player's body and come away with the ball and there's nothing you can do about it. They're onto you before you can get a quick pass away most of the time. And the passing is intercepted much more. There's always another player swooping in from nowhere to block any meaningful passing move to counter all this.

Yeah great fun.

100%
  • carolinabluejg
    135 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Orikoru wrote: »
    It's just last year's Pro Clubs but worse. It doesn't seem to track your stats in clubs at the moment, so that's one glitch. CAM position in some formations seems to be glitched as well as it wants you to play CDM and CF at the same time. Player's touch is appalling even with 85+ ball control. Passes frequently go to the wrong player. And your point 5 is correct, AI defenders decision-making is baffling. It's a constant battle really.

@Orikoru I was having the same issue with the game tracking my stats and giving me points but I deleted my online pro profile and then jumped back on and re did it. Only thing you lose is your appearance not anything else, you'll still be given ever skill point you've acquired so far. You'll just have to change appearance, weight, hight and all that
  • TomAuk
    76 posts Park Captain
    The worst gameplay you can experience on FIFA , awful AI, Players straight through on goal after a goal kick.
    Cross header the main goals scored. As far from fun as you can get.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5272 posts Big Money Move
    Awful

Interception after interception, block after block, bundle after bundle, run down wing and cross for a header/overhead is more viable than playing football and making 1v1 chances.

This is some of the worst gameplay I've ever experienced on FIFA and Pro Clubs is probably the worst its ever been.
  • Smudge
    4519 posts National Call-Up
    Looks like I’m the significant minority here as I think it’s brilliant
  • FaintJOEY1
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Definitely not as fun as last year . With the AI defense being stronger , it just turns into a crossfest. Most games are low scoring and end with some bs lucky goal
  • Korthan
    edited October 2018
    Mastered the shooting last year which helped make it so fun, could blast in shots fro distance, apply just the right amount of swerve, torque, button pressure etc - and that's what makes a fun video game, being able to MASTER the nuances like that.

(Did the same with LB&Y with small, cute lobs to break past defences but LB&Y was abused to hell online and many complained fiercely about it on the old forums (myself included) so LB&Y was totally nerfed several years ago. Even though it was more of a problem with the weak defence positioning being constantly caught out by simple long LB&Ys rather than LB&Y itself.)

This mastery doesn't happen when shooting is made random and weird just for the sake of making it 'not easy' or 'realistic'. If you can't master it by practice and nuance then there is no skill development or reward.

If that means I like 'easy' or 'assisted' shooting, so be it.
  • Orikoru
    Korthan wrote: »
    Mastered the shooting last year which helped make it so fun, could blast in shots fro distance, apply just the right amount of swerve, torque, button pressure etc - and that's what makes a fun video game, being able to MASTER the nuances like that.

(Did the same with LB&Y with small, cute lobs to break past defences but LB&Y was abused to hell online and many complained fiercely about it on the old forums (myself included) so LB&Y was totally nerfed several years ago. Even though it was more of a problem with the weak defence positioning being constantly caught out by simple long LB&Ys rather than LB&Y itself.)

This mastery doesn't happen when shooting is made random and weird just for the sake of making it 'not easy' or 'realistic'. If you can't master it by practice and nuance then there is no skill development or reward.

If that means I like 'easy' or 'assisted' shooting, so be it.

Shooting was better last year on the whole. Finesse shots are pretty good now, but they've completely broken the driven shot. Not just changing the control for it, but it seems completely useless when you try one, so I'm not even using it now. Timed finish I just don't have a bloody clue. Whenever I try that nothing seems to happen anyway.
  • SirSkinner
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If attackers think they have it tough getting past bots, they should try playing CDM this year. Every attack is a chipped through ball over the full-backs head, if you do get close to the ball, you have to make three successful tackles in one attack just to win possession.

Been playing CDM since FIFA 11, this year is by far the worst imo.
  • Doolallyfrank
    67 posts Park Captain
    Last year on launch week, win lose or draw I was happy to play for long stints. This year so much crap happens that even when it goes in your favour you find yourself feeling bad for the other team!
    Worst FIFA launch
  • DanCJ
    533 posts An Exciting Prospect
    SirSkinner wrote: »
    If attackers think they have it tough getting past bots, they should try playing CDM this year. Every attack is a chipped through ball over the full-backs head, if you do get close to the ball, you have to make three successful tackles in one attack just to win possession.

Been playing CDM since FIFA 11, this year is by far the worst imo.

I’m a CDM mate I can relate.

• FaintJOEY1
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I feel like they definitely lowered AI defense . Seems way easier to score than the first few days
  • Korthan
    Tried another match, drop-in match. SO boring.

Shooting is awful (feels like manual) but that's if you ever get the chance or time to shoot - defending team (in their own defensive zone or midfield) players have insanely quick reactions and rob you of the ball before you can do anything. On top of all that, passes are also intercepted more.

When we said we wanted better tackling we meant less emphasis on barging and pushing and not letting opposing players keep running with the ball after perfectly good tackles. Not being robbed of any time to do anything due to insane reaction times.

It all makes for a scrappy grind of a game. I could put up with it if there was reward at the end when you do actually manufacture a chance but they ruined the shooting too.

Oh and headers are altered, I don't think I have won more than one header in all the matches I have played. There is no 'lock on' My player either doesn't jump or runs under/away from the ball in the direction I am pointing the headers I am attempting and always failing to win.

Won't be playing Pro Clubs (or any of this game) this year. Shame, had an absolute blast on Pro Clubs last year, for the most part.

• Korthan
    edited October 2018
    Tried another three Club games just for the skill points, wasted my time in two of them because I got an under 7.0 rating despite playing well, albeit out of position, in the third game.

This is not a reaction complaint because I noticed the other day that ratings are yet another thing which have been downgraded and harder to do, waited to see it confirmed today.

Oh and last year I scored goals for fun, this year I have played about a dozen matches and scored once, maybe twice (can't remember), and I can count on one hand the number of chances I've had in the last few matches. When I have managed to get into position for a shot, the shots have almost always been a) soft and b) blocked.

Apart from the one which went wide and soft and last year would have been on target or a goal. The next shot I had in that same match, I learned my lesson and shot more cautiously the next time I was played in diagonally to shoot across the keeper - it went across the keeper and on target but it was not very powerful and also mid-level therefore saved and pushed away by the goalkeeper. Last year I would have probably smashed it into the top corner or it would have swerved slightly inside the post (on a few occasions I would have finessed round the keeper but only from diagonal because finesse was useless when facing a keeper straight on last year).

I largely didn't need to finesse or double tap or anything like that last year because I had mastered the basic shoot button by itself. Now it's almost useless. So that's skill and fun taken out of the game for some reason.

No point in playing as an ST - whether in the front three or midfield - if you can't score and when you decided to accept it and play as a passing midfielder, you're rating is still rubbish because rat8ings are also downgraded and even passing and making passing moves/creative passes is very difficult now. Every game is a boring, scrappy grind with a lack of control and passing moves. Incoherent pinball.

Feels like we've reached the point where everything attacking is nerfed/downgraded and the opposite is true for the defending side. I made a sarcastic post several years ago (16) that the game was going in this direction and here we are. At least I got used to 16 somewhat even though there were still boring matches and too many cynical FUT players online who just sat in and defended knowing there was no way you'd get through them. That won't happen this year. I won't be playing.
  • Played in games and managed to score lots and played in games and struggled to score. I would say of the games in which it was a struggle more often than not it was down to a glut of opposing players in and around their area whenever we attached.

There’s a little bit of a ‘5 year olds playing football’ thing to it in that everyone attacks together and everyone defends together. In other words wherever the ball goes that’s where you’ll find all the players bar one of the keepers.

I guess that is an option in real life but this being a game there should be some draw back if you opt for all out negativity. No idea what but all too often the games just become frustrating messes where the ball pin balls around their area, then your area, then their area, and so on.
  • xCDHx
    253 posts Sunday League Hero
    Played around 90 games now and yea it's definitely my least favourite version of Pro Clubs for sure with all the bugs and glitches.
  • 60 or so games in... There are definitely issues over ball control, it is somewhat poor. The goal kick glitch is annoying, nothing more but really should be patched out. Shooting, bit of a lottery and certainly doesn't have the "feel" that 18 did. None of us like the double tap at point of contact thing, its a bit rubbish really.
    I think crossing is better than 18, not really sure why, guess it just feels a little bit more realistic maybe.
    As the Any, I've found defending a bit easier, players seem less likely to play "face-on" than 18, at the same time players are much more likely to stand in places I can't pass to. The amount of times the midfielders run behind opposition players and stop, infuriating.
    We have put it down to learning how to play, same with every Fifa, but there are definitely issues that need fixing.
  • Orikoru
    Shooting is terrible. Noticing it more and more. You wind up a powerful shot but he cuts across it with a pathetic sidefoot instead. Happens a lot. I try and use finesse shots as they are slightly more reliable.
  • Korthan
    Won't be playing it or FUT or even Seasons, they're all bad. This after Pro Clubs 18 which is the first year I truly played Pro Clubs to death and joined actual Clubs for skill points. Was really looking forward to this year. Shame.
  • Richwhu
    15 posts Ball Boy
    The goal kick exploit is by far the worst exploit I've seen in a football game.

Just when you think these EA fools can't get much worse.

Didn't even fix it in the latest update 😂
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14331 posts Has That Special Something
    Goalkick glitch is amazing lol
  • Played something like 160 games now.

It's a bit pinbally.

Last year and this tactics for a lot of teams 'if you can call it that' seems to be all attack and all defend.

The area and the space around it you are attacking then can have best part of 20 bodies in it in which the ball essentially just pinball's around until it spits out somewhere.

Not expecting ultra realism but its a bit naff and fairly frustrating after a while.

I know someone will usually come on and tell me I should learn to play it properly or something like that but I'm talking decent players 89's and above who've played it for years and often against decent players and a decent any to. In fact the better they are the more it tends to pinball around.

• Orikoru
    Played something like 160 games now.

It's a bit pinbally.

Last year and this tactics for a lot of teams 'if you can call it that' seems to be all attack and all defend.

The area and the space around it you are attacking then can have best part of 20 bodies in it in which the ball essentially just pinball's around until it spits out somewhere.

Not expecting ultra realism but its a bit naff and fairly frustrating after a while.

I know someone will usually come on and tell me I should learn to play it properly or something like that but I'm talking decent players 89's and above who've played it for years and often against decent players and a decent any to. In fact the better they are the more it tends to pinball around.

Yeah, it is exactly like Sunday League footy at times. Carnage.
  • AdmTK
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 2018
    Just a note to the OP, custom kits were in pro clubs in FIFA 18. This isn't a dig at you at all it's just to reinforce that there haven't been any selective additions to the game mode this year at all, and by selective i mean pro clubs only.

Pretty much every year when i'm asked by various people "what is pro clubs like this year?" "is it worth me getting the game?" I tend to respond in a tl:dr version the same way...

It's a lot better, a lot worse and it's just the same

Here's the expanded version if you've got the time and patience, thank you in advance :smile:

I find the mode has an interesting dichotomy about it. When you start off you know your player and others (unless they've levelled up and restarted) aren't going to be particularly good and overall it's a lot slower so you try to keep it simple, play more short passes, you're trying to feel out what's different about this year, do you still hold the ball up and wait for the overlap? Is the crossing going to be OP again? will that curling shot outside/just inside the edge of the box either side that was a hallmark of FIFA 13 work this year? :) I'm not saying this is strictly true of everyone who plays the game of course. However I do also forget from time to time that my player is 79 overall and i'll try and hit shots like I'm a 92 ST....strangely enough this still works, my friend and I have gotten straight promotions to division 3 and I'm happy to have a higher goals to games ratio. Then I'm starting to miss shots that I would have normally scored, I empahsise "missing" and not keeper saved.

Edge of the box, just inside the D either side, simple curler...nope..wide
    I'm scratching my head..ok so i've got more power, more accuracy and more curl so is it just a case that due to the stats being increased (i'm 88 OVR) now) the overall game physics upon kicking the ball now means I pretty much can't get this on target anymore? If the Keeper saves a cracker then i'm miffed, but ok the keepers should be better higher up so that's not as bad, but missing the goal entirely.....

Ground shots....no no no..no not I need to channel my inner Ryu/Ken Street Fighter II pulling of a dragon punch style button combination (ok it's an exaggeration, there's only 3 buttons to press but surely it can be done a better way) but rather, sometimes when I shoot the ball will go extremely low and other times, doing the same thing...it will do what I want..or rather expect.

The AI is a brilliant case of improvement,detriment and lethagy.

Improvement : They can defend a lot better than last year, holding off players, passing between themselves to get the ball up the pitch with clever one touches, They shoot a lot better and score more goals that they would have missed completely in previous versions.

Detriment : they can defend a lot worse. their positioning is sometimes way off, the silly
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Played something like 160 games now.

It's a bit pinbally.

Yeah, it is exactly like Sunday League footy at times. Carnage.

one touch passing is just sometimes quality comedy theatre. If you make some sort of attacking movement towards the wing, they'll lob the ball up to you when you haven't asked for it whatsoever..ah they're using their initiative! I hear you cry. Well I wouldn't mind if it was consistent, so if you made an attacking movement up the middle they'd do the same thing..but they don't.

The GKs must belong to some secret society that meet up every week in some super secret pub or bar if you like and after they've had a few drinks of choice and the time is of the agreed hour they simultaneously declare how many crosses they should have caught but have punched away instead.

The less said about the defenders not dropping back for a goal kick the better. I haven't seen this in my limited experience of the other game modes....Have I missed that it's this years Pro club's selective addtion? :)

There's other stuff but if you've read this far I apologise for taking up your time and I hope you've got a drink in hand or some food available or doing something less boring at the same time :)

That aside I'm going to press on :)

Lethagy : AI: "why did you give me the ball in the first place..here have it back *laugh*"

There's still this mindset of the AI giving you the ball straight back when you run past them and haven't asked for it, you end up not being able to do anything because you're running at full pelt and a defender swiftly nicks it off you with a sly '"i'll have that" attitude.

The Freddie Ljlungeberg inside the box = instapenalty. The one when your face crumples up into a picture of both annoyance,frustration,disdain, pad throwing anger(i haven't managed this one yet but i know people who have) and that calm sobriety of expectance and acceptance that it's going to happen again at some point.

Again there's more but to finish off, the question I'm sure lot of you ask at some point during your play is a simple one with a very simple answer....

WHY???

to which the ultimate answer is...

"cus FIFA innit"

I would have to agree. That being said I still love Pro Clubs, I do wish EASports would say to us players "I know you're frustrated, I know a lot of you understand this and it isn't a money maker for us it's not something we take seriously, but we do appreciate that people do buy the game just for this mode only because there isn't any other offering of this sort out there so we're going just spend some time to fix what's needed, we can't/don't want to spend the resources to add in things to the mode year after year but we'll try to get you some improvements so at least the patch notes will have more than one thing you're interested in"

That would be nice. On an upbeat note, I'm glad cross platform is coming in next year, I just hope they don't leave out pro clubs!

https://bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-45748278

"Playoffs will be in February and March and the final will take place on 28 and 29 March.

Players on XboxOne and PS4 will compete against players on their own console in the qualifiers, but both will be mixed in the playoffs and final."