Analog sprint on by default

AjaxLegends
1809 posts Play-Off Hero
Think most people know this already but EA turned the analog sprint on as default. I still got beaten by strikers and couldn’t figure out why after all the pace is nerved comments. Turned the analog sprint off and now I can indeed use the likes of David Luiz and Pique without much problem (just like IRL where they can catch strikers who are running with the ball, which is a tad slower than with the ball). So just a FYI in case some people didn’t know yet.

Comments

• DicaniosGod
    5176 posts Big Money Move
    I have been doing that today as well, you think it’s an improvement?
  • AjaxLegends
    1809 posts Play-Off Hero

Yes I felt the difference with my centre backs. I do manual defending where I always switch to the closest defender to the ball so then it’s a must to have it off IMO. That’s probably the worst way to defend by the way but I enjoy that the most. Want to be in control of the game and enjoy it rather than watch the AI do the work for me.
  • DicaniosGod
    5176 posts Big Money Move

Yes I felt the difference with my centre backs. I do manual defending where I always switch to the closest defender to the ball so then it’s a must to have it off IMO. That’s probably the worst way to defend by the way but I enjoy that the most. Want to be in control of the game and enjoy it rather than watch the AI do the work for me.

So do I, I can never trust leaving defending to the AI, probably not why I’m a pro!!

• deang07
    8224 posts League Winner
    Think most people know this already but EA turned the analog sprint on as default. I still got beaten by strikers and couldn’t figure out why after all the pace is nerved comments. Turned the analog sprint off and now I can indeed use the likes of David Luiz and Pique without much problem (just like IRL where they can catch strikers who are running with the ball, which is a tad slower than with the ball). So just a FYI in case some people didn’t know yet.

what about at the other end of the pitch whilst attacking tho?
    does it feel diff i always feel like analogud sprint gives a slight boost lol
  • AjaxLegends
    1809 posts Play-Off Hero

So do I, I can never trust leaving defending to the AI, probably not why I’m a pro!!

Haha same. I’m happy in division 5. So far matchmaking is on point too. Every game is even. I’m 41-13-31 right now. Obviously with manual defening every mistake gets punished but that’s alright :). I feel like in Fifa 19 you can do manual defending because of the slightly overpowered tackling, which is a very welcome change.
  • AjaxLegends
    1809 posts Play-Off Hero
    deang07 wrote: »

what about at the other end of the pitch whilst attacking tho?
    does it feel diff i always feel like analogud sprint gives a slight boost lol

I have Lemar Depay and Lucas POTM upfront and I feel they are faster now (especially Lemar). Lucas was already fast to begin with. Could be that I didn’t press RT far enough so just try it to see if it fits your playing style. For me the first metres my players are definitely faster! :smile:
  • smcali23
    1229 posts Professional
    Hmmm. Interesting. Gonna turn that bad boy off and see whether those 60 pace defenders stop catching me.
  • AjaxLegends
    1809 posts Play-Off Hero
    smcali23 wrote: »
    Hmmm. Interesting. Gonna turn that bad boy off and see whether those 60 pace defenders stop catching me.

Yes will definitely get better. Plus your 60 pace defenders might catch their strikers a little bit better now ;). Seriously having it on is a con in my book. With it off I can finally run away with my Lemar in open space. Before they would always catch up in a second.