Weekend League Redemption Information

D3ATHSQUAD
2984 posts National Call-Up
I tossed this on Reddit - but also thought here would be useful as they are different crowds.

I have seen this question posted in a few spots so I thought I would toss my experience down so people can know how it works before they click anything.

When you qualify for Weekend League with your 2000 Division Rivals points you will get a screen telling you that you have qualified for Weekend League - you can just click continue on that (it's a typical splash screen). From that point forward you will see in the lower right corner of the Division Rivals screen (FUT HUB > Division Rivals) a message essentially saying you have a Weekend League redemption. If you click on that message in the lower right you will NOT use your Weekend League redemption yet - it just takes you to a screen with a "Redeem Entry" option and a "Cancel" option. So whenever you are ready to accept that is where you redeem your Weekend League entry.

Once you have accepted it has a QUALIFIED message in that same lower right area of Rivals and does not show your current point total for your new 2000 point qualification counter.

What does this mean?
  • If you are heading out of town for the weekend or have plans you can choose not to redeem the entry and leave it for the following week
  • I did notice that once I redeemed my entry and then played my next Division Rivals match the 2000 point counter started back at 0 and incremented based on my result. I am unclear if you would still start accumulating points again if you have an entry that is not yet redeemed - someone else can comment on that. If you accumulate in both scenarios than it won't matter when you redeem - but if you do not accumulate while you have an existing redemption waiting to be used it would be wise to redeem as soon as you know you are playing and then start accumulating more points.

In terms of how long it took - I didn't count the matches but I am in Division Five (started in Division 6) and have been playing Rivals for four days - a lot. When I hit the 2000 point mark I had 23,700 Division Rivals points for the week to give you some idea, obviously it will be quicker if you are in a higher division and slower if you lose more. About half my qualification points were the 9-21-50 from Division 6 and the rest were the 11-26-65 from Division

Let me know if anything is unclear and I can update... Thanks!

Comments

• QuinnUK87
    1801 posts Play-Off Hero
    4 days playing rivals, and still in division 5.. I'd hate to see your record Lol!
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    QuinnUK87 wrote: »
    4 days playing rivals, and still in division 5.. I'd hate to see your record Lol!

Division 5 is a slog... I started in 6 with a 1180-ish rating, won my first match to go to Division 5. Then I ran into a crazy losing streak and dropped all the way down to a 1020 rating and was demoted to Division 6 again.

Over the last few days I am winning more than losing and have moved back up to Division 5 and am sitting around 1270 rating right now. It takes 1600 I think to get promoted to Division 4 so that would mean I would need 10 or 11 wins in a row.

I am fine sitting in Division 5 right now inching my way up honestly - still going to get Rank 1 rewards and slowly improving. Rome wasn't built in a day. Last year I bounced between Division 1, 2 and 3 but I don't necessarily think there is a straight correlation to this year.
  • cule54
    642 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Wonder how the auto qualify in the WL will work. Like once you get 11 wins are you auto qualified for next week or can you still save it in case you can not play the following week.
  • greif44
    2356 posts Fans' Favourite
    cule54 wrote: »
    Wonder how the auto qualify in the WL will work. Like once you get 11 wins are you auto qualified for next week or can you still save it in case you can not play the following week.

I guess we'll just get qualification points
  • Thamightyboro
    7067 posts Big Money Move
    If you have a unredeemed qualification that's it your capped you don't accumulate any points. You can't any qualification points until it's reset by redeeming entry.
  • Thamightyboro
    7067 posts Big Money Move
    greif44 wrote: »
    cule54 wrote: »

I guess we'll just get qualification points

It's rewarded with WL rewards on a Thursday (if rewards same day as late year)

If you have 2k before weds might as well use the entry as come Thursday you have a 2k reward can use for the next weekend.

Really qualifying this year won't be an issue I'd imagine. Even just playing 5 in WL will get you 1k points.
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    It will be interesting to see the level of competition because once everyone spread out someone in Division 8 or 9 could grind their butt off and show up in Weekend League.