Why is everyone using formations that flood the midfield

Messi4ever2018
105 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I'm trying to play nice football but everytime I come across 451,4231(2) or 4231. I just cannot dominate the play. I play 4411 and it's next to useless this year. It got me to elite 3 last year.

Comments

• dregana08
    4137 posts National Call-Up
    I'm trying to play nice football but everytime I come across 451,4231(2) or 4231. I just cannot dominate the play. I play 4411 and it's next to useless this year. It got me to elite 3 last year.

I think you've answered you're own question...
  • FORZARDO
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    dregana08 wrote: »

I think you've answered you're own question...

:D
  • Messi4ever2018
    It's boring playing high pressure ping pong 1-2's to wingers playing at striker. I did it and won 5-2 but felt so boring.
  • Del654
    1145 posts Professional
    It's hard to tell what formation you are playing against coz every time the change from, balanced, attacking, ultra attacking, defensive & ultra defensive their formation is more than likely changing
  • Messi4ever2018
    Del654 wrote: »
    It's hard to tell what formation you are playing against coz every time the change from, balanced, attacking, ultra attacking, defensive & ultra defensive their formation is more than likely changing

I can't seem to defend while everyone else is a god at it. I've played 11 games now in division rivals and every single one keeps fast forwarding. Connection wins games not skill. It's shocking. Taking my copy back, no skill game and just dam right boring and 1 dimensional. Exactly how EA wanted it for pack sales probably.
  • RadioShaq
    19136 posts Moderator
    It seems easier to play wide formations than packing the middle. I don’t know why so many are playing narrow defense.
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    7491 posts League Winner
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    It seems easier to play wide formations than packing the middle. I don’t know why so many are playing narrow defense.

With the new custom tactics you can set up different tactics for the same formation so i'm currently playing 41212(2) but when i come up against a wide formation i change to attacking which increases the width of my defense and makes it easier to cope/play against wide formations :)
  • RadioShaq
    19136 posts Moderator

With the new custom tactics you can set up different tactics for the same formation so i'm currently playing 41212(2) but when i come up against a wide formation i change to attacking which increases the width of my defense and makes it easier to cope/play against wide formations :)

This is probably what we are going to have to get used to a fluid game where one tactic won’t always work. I would just say right now people are still in 18 mode.
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    7491 posts League Winner

This is probably what we are going to have to get used to a fluid game where one tactic won’t always work. I would just say right now people are still in 18 mode.

Yeah pretty much this, a lot of the people i've been playing against in division rivals don't even change anything they just run the same thing over and over again and wonder why it doesn't work lol
  • RadioShaq
    19136 posts Moderator
    It’s still early but I hope it remains changing and will add an element of skill and decision making. Rather than just one style of play same thing over and over again and no counter.
  • sounders3
    4492 posts National Call-Up
    I’m finding 4411 very effective this year, is perfect for spreading the ball around and basically playing keep away from narrow formations.