Are you a FIFA streamer? Get yourself added to the forum list here

Fifa is now more pay to win than ever before? change my mind.

salvadordali1
283 posts Sunday League Hero
They removed online seasons, the only thing that one could grind(playing against actual human being, squad battles were and still are a booring ****, at least for me) to get some coins after 10 matches. They changed online seasons for Div rivals with prizes similar like squad battles once per week. So after we all use all coin boosts and once our coin balance hit 0 we wont be able to afford a simple squad fitness item to even play properly with our low budget teams.

And EA still didnt fix two controllers bug, so i cant play fifa 19 1v1 with my friends wich is the main reason i bought this joke of a software. Gj EA developers i dont know who keeps you at your jobs but me as a software developer on my day job, I would be embarrassed to release an app with so much bugs, or my boss would just fire me. Its like you sell someone a overpriced cellphone and tell them : "you cant call or text, but you can change a background and ringhtone". Rediculous, im waiting till last day of refound and if this two controller thing wont be fixed im refunding.

Comments

• You literally listed the reasons why its less pay to win than ever. Squad battles gives great rewards for people who can beat the AI and Division rivals is a huge step from seasons as it allows players who aren't even good get the best rewards if they play a lot, as u still get points for a loss, as well as making it easier to qualify for weekend league for lesser players. No longer do people have to spend money to get good teams because they cant qualify for WL. If ur bored of squad battles then don't play it its 4 games a day on the week and some more on the weekend, you don't even have to play all of them to get elite 1 if you play on legendary, you can just play div rivals instead as the rewards are far better than squad battles and there's progression as you go up divisions. Now i don't know about the 2 controller bug cos i play online with friends but if that's an issue then you should probably tell EA if you haven't already.
  • salvadordali1
    Okay rewards are better but rewards come once per week, and if you choose untradable packs you would eventually run out of coins for contracts and fitness items due to your untredable players. So you have to open packs to get some coins or fittness items, because if you want your team to preform well whole match you have to use squad fittness item more or less on every second game. So you get 500 coins in average per match, thats 1k coins in two matches and you have to spend 850 coins on squad fitness and now you have 50coins to spare.

I didnt want to trow rocks at this new reward system because its great to get some of the better packs for just playing the game, but if you add all up, if you pick better packs you cant earn some basic coins for contracts, healing items, etc.
  • Well, maybe you should be smarter with your coins?
  • salvadordali1
    Eeeh you'll get what im saying in couple of weeks.
  • Daddy
    5191 posts Big Money Move
    Rank 1 for div 5 is 58k coins plus if you play weekend league you can get another 75k per week easily if you finish in gold tier which equates to around 130k per week excluding weekly/daily challenges/SBC's. That means if you play for 3.5 months you can get around 1.6 mil coins after considering the costs for squad fitnesses/contracts etc. This is also not considering the the profits you can make through trading. It has never been this easy to make coins tbh.
  • salvadordali1
    75k peer week on wl in gold tier? as i remeber last fifa gold 1 was 50k. dont include packs in this equation because you can buy one gold pack and get ronaldo tbh. Youre just stating all things when you can get good packs wich means nothing without content. With that money if youre planing on doing SBC's if your pack luck let you down youre on loss = no money for squad uprgades. With that money you cant get any real team upgrade without major pack luck.

Today i did one of these advanced sbc's, started with 50k spend most of it, bought some 5k max players and last rare mega pack granted me thigao from bayern so i manage to somehow get back 20k. I cant even consider to play some online draft because first one disconected me in first minute with error "graphic card pysically removed".

"That means if you play for 3.5 months you can get around 1.6 mil coins after considering the costs for squad fitnesses/contracts etc." - This is only possebile if you play only rivals without any squad upgrade. You cant count SBC's into that because thats pure gambling if you manage to land some good pull youre golden if not youre in big loss.
  • Daddy
    5191 posts Big Money Move
    75k peer week on wl in gold tier? as i remeber last fifa gold 1 was 50k. dont include packs in this equation because you can buy one gold pack and get ronaldo tbh. Youre just stating all things when you can get good packs wich means nothing without content. With that money if youre planing on doing SBC's if your pack luck let you down youre on loss = no money for squad uprgades. With that money you cant get any real team upgrade without major pack luck.

Today i did one of these advanced sbc's, started with 50k spend most of it, bought some 5k max players and last rare mega pack granted me thigao from bayern so i manage to somehow get back 20k. I cant even consider to play some online draft because first one disconected me in first minute with error "graphic card pysically removed".

"That means if you play for 3.5 months you can get around 1.6 mil coins after considering the costs for squad fitnesses/contracts etc." - This is only possebile if you play only rivals without any squad upgrade. You cant count SBC's into that because thats pure gambling if you manage to land some good pull youre golden if not youre in big loss.

Weekend league rewards for Gold 1 is 50000 coins + 2x100k packs, even if you discard those packs youll get 30k. If you consistently get gold 1 you will eventually pull something worth more than 100k atleast once. And SBC's are absolutely worth it for me since i store all the players in my club, even in the worst case i exchange bad players in my club for another set of bad players. Plus during market crashes you can easily double your coins through investing in certain players. Also i only considered division rival rewards of 58k which is for Div 5 Rank 1, if you go higher up the divisions youll get 70-80k coins
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    394 posts Sunday League Hero
    There's no online seasons mode at all?! :# Are you saying there's no normal seasons online with normal football clubs/national teams? Or is Online Seasons just a mode removed within FUT?

Because I opened a thread asking yesterday to enquire as to how many people there are online in seasons mode. Nobody answered my question yet. I've not bought FIFA 19 PC yet, but if there is no Online Seasons mode like what the OP is saying then I absolutely won't consider buying the game at all!

FUT is not my thing. And I won't ever pay to buy packs. All I care about is normal online play with real clubs, if that part is removed this game is dead for online play.
  • Does anyone wanna forget about FUT and join a league where we draft players and play in a 20 game season? my friends and I are looking for 1-3 people to play with. imagine FUT but you dont need to spend money, you draft who you want, and you can make trades for other players. we have a google doc that keeps track of stats, games, league table, trades and more. anyone interested? add me or the league commissioner on Origin: Rainbowsix24 or Liam42
  • salvadordali1
    There's no online seasons mode at all?! :# Are you saying there's no normal seasons online with normal football clubs/national teams? Or is Online Seasons just a mode removed within FUT?

Because I opened a thread asking yesterday to enquire as to how many people there are online in seasons mode. Nobody answered my question yet. I've not bought FIFA 19 PC yet, but if there is no Online Seasons mode like what the OP is saying then I absolutely won't consider buying the game at all!

FUT is not my thing. And I won't ever pay to buy packs. All I care about is normal online play with real clubs, if that part is removed this game is dead for online play.

Didnt check but i think that regular online seasons outside FUT are still there. Im talking bout online seasons in Ultimate Team.

I think that you can buy fifa 19 with no regrets, they fixed most of the major issues and game is quite fun to play with all new mechanicks in all fields. First fifa when your composure is much more in focus than some number on player composure stats, what is great. This year fifa had a pretty good start if you ask me.
  • salvadordali1
    Daddy wrote: »

Weekend league rewards for Gold 1 is 50000 coins + 2x100k packs, even if you discard those packs youll get 30k. If you consistently get gold 1 you will eventually pull something worth more than 100k atleast once. And SBC's are absolutely worth it for me since i store all the players in my club, even in the worst case i exchange bad players in my club for another set of bad players. Plus during market crashes you can easily double your coins through investing in certain players. Also i only considered division rival rewards of 58k which is for Div 5 Rank 1, if you go higher up the divisions youll get 70-80k coins

All your statements are correct. All the tradings are legit but im not here to stack players and hunt for some market chrashes because im not interested in trading, im here for playing, and playing actually against other human. And i understand your calculations with WL coins+pack(and is possebile not to pack player above 100k, i havent packed a single tradable player above100k last year), i guess we shall wait for 3 day's and see when division rivals rewards set in.
  • BLaZiNgSPEED

Didnt check but i think that regular online seasons outside FUT are still there. Im talking bout online seasons in Ultimate Team.

I think that you can buy fifa 19 with no regrets, they fixed most of the major issues and game is quite fun to play with all new mechanicks in all fields. First fifa when your composure is much more in focus than some number on player composure stats, what is great. This year fifa had a pretty good start if you ask me.
    Many thanks for that!
    Ok so the game does indeed have Online Seasons normal, that's a saviour at least! Do you know how many people there are online in the normal Online Seasons mode?

I opened this thread yesterday. https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/412797/what-is-the-average-and-maximum-population-of-players-in-fifa-19-pc-online-seasons-mode#latest
    Nobody has replied to me to let me know of the amount of players that are on the Seasons Online mode outside of FUT (normal teams) for the PC version. Obviously FIFA 17 PC is something I still play online but certain times of the day the online number is as little as 20 people while max is around 200.
  • salvadordali1
    edited October 2018

Many thanks for that!
    Ok so the game does indeed have Online Seasons normal, that's a saviour at least! Do you know how many people there are online in the normal Online Seasons mode?

I opened this thread yesterday. https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/412797/what-is-the-average-and-maximum-population-of-players-in-fifa-19-pc-online-seasons-mode#latest
    Nobody has replied to me to let me know of the amount of players that are on the Seasons Online mode outside of FUT (normal teams) for the PC version. Obviously FIFA 17 PC is something I still play online but certain times of the day the online number is as little as 20 people while max is around 200.

Because new fifa came out and after a long time its better than previous fifa so most of the players transfer to new fifa.

I wouldnt know and i dont know if there is any way at all to find that info. But i asume that more than on 17 or 18 versions. :)
  • BLaZiNgSPEED

Many thanks for that!

Because new fifa came out and after a long time its better than previous fifa so most of the players transfer to new fifa.

I wouldnt know and i dont know if there is any way at all to find that info. But i asume that more than on 17 or 18 versions. :)
    Ok, so maybe people are confused and aren't able to let me know otherwise...
    1zhceo.jpg
    Here's a screenshot that I have just captured right now of FIFA 17 PC using Fraps. As you can see Players online: 52 at the moment for online seasons in FIFA 17 PC. That is more or a less the average amount right now.

I'm well aware most people have moved to FIFA 18/19. But I really wanted to know how many there are in online seasons for FIFA 19. I guess this screenshot should help you find out that information for FIFA 19 PC Online Seasons as well. Unless of-course that info is no longer there, but I think it will still be there if you check.
  • boomtw3
    350 posts Sunday League Hero
    If you play squad battles,division rivals and WL which is now just 30 games a week. If you wanna grind play all of them. Plus division rivals i played like 30 games and still rank 1 and i lost a lot in division 4. Plus you get better packs for less games this WL.
    You would have all prime icon squad by end of December for sure. You can't open that many packs and not come good.
  • salvadordali1
    boomtw3 wrote: »
    If you play squad battles,division rivals and WL which is now just 30 games a week. If you wanna grind play all of them. Plus division rivals i played like 30 games and still rank 1 and i lost a lot in division 4. Plus you get better packs for less games this WL.
    You would have all prime icon squad by end of December for sure. You can't open that many packs and not come good.

Yeah for sure im gona be at fifa 24/7. Also its extreamly easy to get rank 1 in div rivals. We allready discuss that what you posted so please read above first. Cheers
  • salvadordali1

Many thanks for that!

1zhceo.jpg
    Here's a screenshot that I have just captured right now of FIFA 17 PC using Fraps. As you can see Players online: 52 at the moment for online seasons in FIFA 17 PC. That is more or a less the average amount right now.

I'm well aware most people have moved to FIFA 18/19. But I really wanted to know how many there are in online seasons for FIFA 19. I guess this screenshot should help you find out that information for FIFA 19 PC Online Seasons as well. Unless of-course that info is no longer there, but I think it will still be there if you check.

738 players were online when i checked. :)
  • BLaZiNgSPEED

Many thanks for that!

1zhceo.jpg

738 players were online when i checked. :)
    Many thanks for that. Unfortunately that is quite disappointing. When I first bought FIFA 17 PC 2 years ago that number was 3600. And averaged to about 2500.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to check in peak GMT hours or during the weekends when people aren't busy with work, school, etc to see if that number jumps.

738 is actually quite shockingly low even for a PC release. If that's the number now, imagine 6 months down the line? Online Seasons will be empty!

This number is low due to the high price. £40 for PC version is pathetic when that's just an origin key. Used to buy Retail DVD versions of FIFA for £24.99 few years ago and orgin key for as little as £13. But this is just stretching too far.

I think I am going to stick to FIFA 17 PC can't really lose much.
  • salvadordali1
    And here we go. I got div5 rank1 rewards, i took untreadable ones, hopefully to get good players and my top two players was Lacazette and Was, rest was quick sell values mostly, add or take 300 coins. So i did a few sbc's with premium gold player packs, megapacks and rare mega packs. Ended up with 27k coins after all packs opened and with a week for next div rivals rewards.

And thats proves my point that these division rivals rewards cant replace online sesons when you would get 7,5k-15k(plus match earnings 500-ish coins) per 10 played matches if you stayed in division or go up. So you could save 150k in 10 days for team upgrade. Now you get match earnings wich is mostly spend on squad fitnesses and injury consumables. Ofc i can pick coins but 68k that are in div 4 for rank 1 is not enough for playing one mode for a week. Also saving for some serious team upgrade would take at least 2-3 months, since fifa is actively played for 10 months its too long.

And conclusion is that if your pack luck is **** like mine you should be prepared to play with starter team for most of the time in this fifa :)
  • I'm new in the game. I already played FIFA 17 FUT. But 2 days ago I started FIFA 19 FUT. First The prices for gold players contracts are ok. I calculated that you can play 28 matchs with 11 players + 3 substitutions and have a positive balance. I don't know why you speak about player fitness, I never use them. You have 23 active players (11 players on field, 7 on bench and 6 on reserve) which means that you can rotate your players to make sure they don't get too much fatigue. Once a player reach 75%, I remove him from the field and place him on reserve. I have all my field positions in double.

The only thing I dislike in the game is bad online rivals who bought very rare attack players and only play toward them without even playing football... I can't afford these players and when you have to face an attack with rare Modric, rare Messi, rare Lewandowski... and so on. If you miss one tackle you're good to loose the game... These bad online rivals don't even search to construct the game... Where is the fun to play like this ?
  • salvadordali1
    XcentY wrote: »
    I'm new in the game. I already played FIFA 17 FUT. But 2 days ago I started FIFA 19 FUT. First The prices for gold players contracts are ok. I calculated that you can play 28 matchs with 11 players + 3 substitutions and have a positive balance. I don't know why you speak about player fitness, I never use them. You have 23 active players (11 players on field, 7 on bench and 6 on reserve) which means that you can rotate your players to make sure they don't get too much fatigue. Once a player reach 75%, I remove him from the field and place him on reserve. I have all my field positions in double.

The only thing I dislike in the game is bad online rivals who bought very rare attack players and only play toward them without even playing football... I can't afford these players and when you have to face an attack with rare Modric, rare Messi, rare Lewandowski... and so on. If you miss one tackle you're good to loose the game... These bad online rivals don't even search to construct the game... Where is the fun to play like this ?

dude youre 2 months late to comment on this... A lot of things changed in 2 months in this game by all patches.

But the important thing is that most of the same major problems are still present.

And last but not least give some time to yourself to build opinion which is based on something more than 2 days.
    Cheers ;)
  • JordVorenholt
    203 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    First The prices for gold players contracts are ok. I calculated that you can play 28 matchs with 11 players + 3 substitutions and have a positive balance.

If you get enough managers with negotiation skills the contracts even last for 42 games (50% bonus).

• dude youre 2 months late to comment on this... A lot of things changed in 2 months in this game by all patches.

But the important thing is that most of the same major problems are still present.

And last but not least give some time to yourself to build opinion which is based on something more than 2 days.
    Cheers ;)

I don't need more time to build my opinion on contract prices or fitness... 18 hours in game is enough :smile:
  • salvadordali1

dude youre 2 months late to comment on this... A lot of things changed in 2 months in this game by all patches.

Cheers ;)

I don't need more time to build my opinion on contract prices or fitness... 18 hours in game is enough :smile:

Cheers ;)

Haha okay than good luck :)
  • maksi
    6026 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2018
    I'm new in the game. I already played FIFA 17 FUT. But 2 days ago I started FIFA 19 FUT. First The prices for gold players contracts are ok. I calculated that you can play 28 matchs with 11 players + 3 substitutions and have a positive balance. I don't know why you speak about player fitness, I never use them. You have 23 active players (11 players on field, 7 on bench and 6 on reserve) which means that you can rotate your players to make sure they don't get too much fatigue. Once a player reach 75%, I remove him from the field and place him on reserve. I have all my field positions in double.
    yes but you an average team, let's talk when you have a team worth more than a million, you can't replace some superstar with an average player and expect the same results

some that is using squad fitness will have his best team every game with 99 fitness = pay to win

• Sm0key_J0e
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Do you have a problem with EA making a YUGE (like Trump says) profit ???
  • salvadordali1
    maksi wrote: »
    yes but you an average team, let's talk when you have a team worth more than a million, you can't replace some superstar with an average player and expect the same results

some that is using squad fitness will have his best team every game with 99 fitness = pay to win

Dude, he was playing for 18 hours i think he knows best xD
  • XcentY
    5 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2018

Are you **** ?
    Do you need more than 18 hours to say that the price of player contracts are OK and that you'll still have a positive balance ?
    Do you need more than 18 hours to say that you don't need to buy fitness to keep your team in good shape by rotating your players ?
    And if you can't play without your million stars... Just play against amateur AI, it best suits your gameplay...

I think you just want to troll here...
    You're now on my ignore list...
  • salvadordali1

Are you **** ?
    Do you need more than 18 hours to say that the price of player contracts are OK and that you'll still have a positive balance ?
    Do you need more than 18 hours to say that you don't need to buy fitness to keep your team in good shape by rotating your players ?
    And if you can't play without your million stars... Just play against amateur AI, it best suits your gameplay...

Haha pls dont ignore me, now i wont have noone to discuss contract prices... :(
  • Springveldt
    3573 posts National Call-Up

Are you **** ?

Contracts? I haven't bought a single one all year and have over 500 of them. I've also got over 200 player fitness cards and 40 squad fitness cards while never buying one this year.

Rewards from WL, Rivals and Squad Battles give way more consumables than you will ever need.