Game play help

wizardoffire
930 posts Professional
Im dominating possession but Im getting so frustrated by every game coming up against 8 players against the ball that are so regimentally disciplined that there is no space to create anything. Im trying to move the ball from side to side and draw players out of position to exploit but to no real effect.

Any tips as what I can do to turn the possession into more chances and eventually goals

Comments

• wizardoffire
    930 posts Professional
    anyone
  • sounders3
    4492 posts National Call-Up
    I feel the same mate. Will hold 60% possession most games if not more but not getting as many wins as I feel deserved whether it’s due to the horrendous finishing or it’s cause I’ll make that one mistake vs the swarm of defenders and leads to a goal
  • grafyfoxcr7
    237 posts Sunday League Hero
    Use things like leaving the ball , fake shot etc. Leaving the ball is so good but I hardly see players using it . Pass ball to your wings and run towards the ball ..then hold R1 and against the ball. Will drag defender out of space ..giving you chance to cross pr run inside . Fake shot is OP this year. Use it with your full backs so opposite wingers are out of position and you have space to create attack. Pass with momentum. Don't think too much and spaces will open
  • Vasquezbt
    66 posts Park Captain
    Perversely bossing the middle rather than wings seems to be working for me.
  • Messi4ever2018
    105 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    How is everyone soo op at defending, I'm trying to defend manual and I'm conceding 3-4 goals a game but I'm scoring 2-3 so I'm losing all my games. I don't understand how I go 2-0 then my team turns to poop.
  • wizardoffire
    930 posts Professional
    Use things like leaving the ball , fake shot etc. Leaving the ball is so good but I hardly see players using it . Pass ball to your wings and run towards the ball ..then hold R1 and against the ball. Will drag defender out of space ..giving you chance to cross pr run inside . Fake shot is OP this year. Use it with your full backs so opposite wingers are out of position and you have space to create attack. Pass with momentum. Don't think too much and spaces will open

ok Ill try and incorporate more of this into my game, ive always liked the fake cross but will try the fake shot a bit more as well
  • grafyfoxcr7
    237 posts Sunday League Hero

ok Ill try and incorporate more of this into my game, ive always liked the fake cross but will try the fake shot a bit more as well

If you have a player who is slow .. don't use cruyff turn ..just use fake shot or cross quickly and diagonally forward. Player will easily skip challenges opening up for pass or shot.
    One more thing you can do is press right stick.
    When opp player is pressing fast or slide tackling, press right stick to hop the ball and skip the challenge. Is an OP for me