Unable to change Kick off times

Womaz
11 posts Ball Boy
I often create a custom tournament and in the past I have been able to change the KO time. I do this as I prefer the graphics and gameplay for games in daylight.
Is there any way I can do this?

Comments

  • Womaz
    11 posts Ball Boy
    Is this just something I cant change as I may go back to 18 if I have to
  • FCPorto13
    51 posts Park Captain
    They totally ignore Tournament Mode (the mode I play the most) to the point where you can't even see the results of the rest of the tournament after being knocked-out! Not being able to change kick-off times is just another "bug" they left behind...

    Besides, in Custom Tournament they should let us customize the schedule because all teams playing at the same time and always in August is a bit boring.
  • Womaz
    11 posts Ball Boy
    FCPorto13 wrote: »
    They totally ignore Tournament Mode (the mode I play the most) to the point where you can't even see the results of the rest of the tournament after being knocked-out! Not being able to change kick-off times is just another "bug" they left behind...

    Besides, in Custom Tournament they should let us customize the schedule because all teams playing at the same time and always in August is a bit boring.

    Back to FIFA 18 for me I think.......very disappointing. This is the only time I can remember this being an issue. Also just not sure 19 flows like 18
  • Womaz
    11 posts Ball Boy
    My apologies for the repeat posts but I am not quite sure how this forum works. Is it an official FIFA forum?
    Will the issue I have be fixed in an update? Or will it just be left as it is?
    If it will just be left I will go back to 18 I think as the Tournament Mode is what i buy FIFA for
  • mathial
    20 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Yeah, this is really annoying. What is the reason for changing this? A custom tournament should be controlled by the user. We should be able to set the season and time as we would like.
    I really hope EA does something about this!
  • Can they fix this in an update? Or are we stuck with this. ?
    Its crazy that they have changed this
  • Desert11
    17 posts Ball Boy
    I just posted about this as well. My games in create a tournament mode are always at 8pm (so always nightime). We used to be able to change the time. Why did they remove this?
  • Eddie
    692 posts An Exciting Prospect
    You can’t change it in CM either.
  • Womaz
    11 posts Ball Boy
    Womaz wrote: »
    My apologies for the repeat posts but I am not quite sure how this forum works. Is it an official FIFA forum?
    Will the issue I have be fixed in an update? Or will it just be left as it is?
    If it will just be left I will go back to 18 I think as the Tournament Mode is what i buy FIFA for

    Hi can anyone help me with the above? Do EA contribute to this forum? If not how do i contact them to ask abiut the above lack of options? Regards
  • Eddie
    692 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Womaz wrote: »
    Womaz wrote: »
    My apologies for the repeat posts but I am not quite sure how this forum works. Is it an official FIFA forum?
    Will the issue I have be fixed in an update? Or will it just be left as it is?
    If it will just be left I will go back to 18 I think as the Tournament Mode is what i buy FIFA for

    Hi can anyone help me with the above? Do EA contribute to this forum? If not how do i contact them to ask abiut the above lack of options? Regards

    The devs read this forum/are given feedback from mods.

    I’ve got no doubt they’re aware of this issue. It happened a few years ago and they fixed it so I’m optimistic it’ll be patched to how it always was. There’s no good reason they wouldn’t from what I can see, restricting us adds nothing.

    We’ll just have to wait for the second patch I guess.
  • Womaz
    11 posts Ball Boy
    Eddie wrote: »
    Womaz wrote: »
    Womaz wrote: »
    My apologies for the repeat posts but I am not quite sure how this forum works. Is it an official FIFA forum?
    Will the issue I have be fixed in an update? Or will it just be left as it is?
    If it will just be left I will go back to 18 I think as the Tournament Mode is what i buy FIFA for

    Hi can anyone help me with the above? Do EA contribute to this forum? If not how do i contact them to ask abiut the above lack of options? Regards

    The devs read this forum/are given feedback from mods.

    I’ve got no doubt they’re aware of this issue. It happened a few years ago and they fixed it so I’m optimistic it’ll be patched to how it always was. There’s no good reason they wouldn’t from what I can see, restricting us adds nothing.

    We’ll just have to wait for the second patch I guess.

    Thanks for the reply. Good news hopefully
  • mathial
    20 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Thanks for clearing this up, guys.
    Let's hope EA make a fix for this, it really can't be a big issue for them..
  • Desert11
    17 posts Ball Boy
    This is why I always rent this game first. I won't be buying until they fix the issue. Please patch this issue EA. I also prefer the day/sunset time to play in. Just let us choose, why remove this option?
  • nn92
    229 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2018
    Yeah, Annoying as hell ! Wanna do friendlies and I´m stuck at midday or night time in Kickoff mode due to Lighting glitch !
  • Kasa
    66 posts Park Captain
    In career mode it’s the same, why ea?
  • Nkp20mufc
    381 posts Sunday League Hero
    Annoyed about this too, boring playing night matches all the time. Its a bug because it still says you can change the time the match is played but it's greyed out. @EACoreySA @EA_Andy
  • Womaz
    11 posts Ball Boy
    If its a bug I guess that is good news as they will fix it
  • Womaz wrote: »
    My apologies for the repeat posts but I am not quite sure how this forum works. Is it an official FIFA forum?
    Will the issue I have be fixed in an update? Or will it just be left as it is?
    If it will just be left I will go back to 18 I think as the Tournament Mode is what i buy FIFA for

    Fifa DEV don't post here. The only dev team that posts is NHL on the NHL EA forum.



    No idea if it will be fixed or not..... no one here will know.
  • flcinusa
    485 posts Sunday League Hero
    Kasa wrote: »
    In career mode it’s the same, why ea?

    Because it follows a real schedule for the first season? Why would you want to change the times?
  • Eddie
    692 posts An Exciting Prospect
    flcinusa wrote: »
    Kasa wrote: »
    In career mode it’s the same, why ea?

    Because it follows a real schedule for the first season? Why would you want to change the times?

    The time itself is irrelevant, it’s just a number before the game. But I don’t want to be playing a night game in daylight, and I want to be playing in dusk for early evening, not full sun/night. You get that freedom by changing the KO time.

    Furthermore fixtures are re-arranged regularly within the game.
  • RM77
    5 posts Ball Boy
    flcinusa wrote: »
    Kasa wrote: »
    In career mode it’s the same, why ea?

    Because it follows a real schedule for the first season? Why would you want to change the times?

    That's not true for all competitions. In Spain the time will be set a month before the match, so nobody knows the time for the matches after November. It's makes no sense to remove the option.
  • flcinusa
    485 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2018
    Eddie wrote: »
    flcinusa wrote: »
    Kasa wrote: »
    In career mode it’s the same, why ea?

    Because it follows a real schedule for the first season? Why would you want to change the times?

    The time itself is irrelevant, it’s just a number before the game. But I don’t want to be playing a night game in daylight, and I want to be playing in dusk for early evening, not full sun/night. You get that freedom by changing the KO time.

    Furthermore fixtures are re-arranged regularly within the game.

    You realise there is these things called seasons, and the earth wobbles slightly on it's axis making days longer and shorter depending on time of year and if it's northern or southern hemisphere? Like, for instance, most Champions League games from the quarter finals onwards kick off in daylight.

    joshua-kimmich-of-muenchen-scores-the-teams-first-goal-during-the-picture-id956850318

    Same goes for early season kick offs.

    The problem FIFA has isn't setting the kick off time, it's the kick off time being the atmospheric conditions for the entire game.
  • Eddie
    692 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 2018
    flcinusa wrote: »
    Eddie wrote: »
    flcinusa wrote: »
    Kasa wrote: »
    In career mode it’s the same, why ea?

    Because it follows a real schedule for the first season? Why would you want to change the times?

    The time itself is irrelevant, it’s just a number before the game. But I don’t want to be playing a night game in daylight, and I want to be playing in dusk for early evening, not full sun/night. You get that freedom by changing the KO time.

    Furthermore fixtures are re-arranged regularly within the game.

    You realise there is these things called seasons, and the earth wobbles slightly on it's axis making days longer and shorter depending on time of year and if it's northern or southern hemisphere? Like, for instance, most Champions League games from the quarter finals onwards kick off in daylight.

    joshua-kimmich-of-muenchen-scores-the-teams-first-goal-during-the-picture-id956850318

    Same goes for early season kick offs.

    The problem FIFA has isn't setting the kick off time, it's the kick off time being the atmospheric conditions for the entire game.

    I know that, I don’t need condescending comments or explainations from you.

    You highlight the problem in your last paragraph.

    I don’t want to play a night game in daylight, I’d prefer to play it in darkness, as the majority of the match is played in darkness IRL. If we were able to set the kickoff time- so the light condition changes as we get later, then it’ll fix everything.

    A few more points:

    1. This makes absolutely ZERO difference to you. You can set conditions to default and play your night matches in sunny daylight conditions.

    2. The option to set custom conditions (including KO time) has been in the game for years. Why remove it? With the CHOICE I can play FIFA how I want, and you can play Fifa how you want.

    3. KO time doesn’t have any other effect except for changing the lighting conditions, it’s literally just a number before the game. So there’s no issue in being able to change it.
  • Desert11
    17 posts Ball Boy
    Eddie wrote: »
    flcinusa wrote: »
    Eddie wrote: »
    flcinusa wrote: »
    Kasa wrote: »
    In career mode it’s the same, why ea?

    Because it follows a real schedule for the first season? Why would you want to change the times?

    The time itself is irrelevant, it’s just a number before the game. But I don’t want to be playing a night game in daylight, and I want to be playing in dusk for early evening, not full sun/night. You get that freedom by changing the KO time.

    Furthermore fixtures are re-arranged regularly within the game.

    You realise there is these things called seasons, and the earth wobbles slightly on it's axis making days longer and shorter depending on time of year and if it's northern or southern hemisphere? Like, for instance, most Champions League games from the quarter finals onwards kick off in daylight.

    joshua-kimmich-of-muenchen-scores-the-teams-first-goal-during-the-picture-id956850318

    Same goes for early season kick offs.

    The problem FIFA has isn't setting the kick off time, it's the kick off time being the atmospheric conditions for the entire game.

    I know that, I don’t need condescending comments or explainations from you.

    You highlight the problem in your last paragraph.

    I don’t want to play a night game in daylight, I’d prefer to play it in darkness, as the majority of the match is played in darkness IRL. If we were able to set the kickoff time- so the light condition changes as we get later, then it’ll fix everything.

    A few more points:

    1. This makes absolutely ZERO difference to you. You can set conditions to default and play your night matches in sunny daylight conditions.

    2. The option to set custom conditions (including KO time) has been in the game for years. Why remove it? With the CHOICE I can play FIFA how I want, and you can play Fifa how you want.

    3. KO time doesn’t have any other effect except for changing the lighting conditions, it’s literally just a number before the game. So there’s no issue in being able to change it.

    I totally feel the same way! Just give us the option to choose.
  • MaldinisHeir
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    Womaz wrote: »
    I often create a custom tournament and in the past I have been able to change the KO time. I do this as I prefer the graphics and gameplay for games in daylight.
    Is there any way I can do this?

    I agree, I hate these stupid restrictions in the game. In fact, I've created a new wishlist discussion so that people can list of all of things in the game that are unnecessarily restricted e.g. editing options in Career Mode and editing licensed content. So far I've had one response. From myself........

    What's your secret to getting 24 responses on a discussion about kick offs?
  • Kasa
    66 posts Park Captain
    flcinusa wrote: »
    Kasa wrote: »
    In career mode it’s the same, why ea?

    Because it follows a real schedule for the first season? Why would you want to change the times?

    Well In my case I always played cup games at nighttime, competition during day, anyway I don’t see the problem to keep this feature in, if you don’t like to change times you can let computer do it but if you want you can change it, just a shame they took freedom away
  • Just saw the 1.02 update. Nothing's being done to fix this.
  • Womaz
    11 posts Ball Boy
    Desert11 wrote: »
    Just saw the 1.02 update. Nothing's being done to fix this.

    That is very disappointing. I assume these updates are not the regular?

  • So annoying, I hope this gets changed hate playing day time matches!!
  • Womaz
    11 posts Ball Boy
    I have not even played FIFA for months now as I dont like the night time matches. I do hope they address this in FIFA 20
Sign In or Register to comment.