How think about Graphic?

comet213
2342 posts Fans' Favourite
I expected Frostbite a lot.
But It's disappointing.
Humans look like rubber.
Stadium is slightly better than PS3.
Night match is still weird.

PES sometimes felt like reallife. But FIFA is not.

Comments

• TeamExtreme17
    5137 posts Big Money Move
    comet213 wrote: »
    But It's disappointing.
    Humans look like rubber.

Yeah its still PS3 graphics just ported to PS4 and upscaled to HD...

PS4 Pro and Xbox One X are capable of sooo much more and Fifa doesnt utilise them.. I mean we still have 2D steps in stadiums in 4K!!
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's all just a big port. There are celebrations and stadiums from Fifa 12 still in there.

Potentially PS5 next year as they've cancelled PSX 2018. Finally we could get a true Fifa next gen title.
  • Master110
    1097 posts Professional
    But It's disappointing.
    Humans look like rubber.

Yeah its still PS3 graphics just ported to PS4 and upscaled to HD...

PS4 Pro and Xbox One X are capable of sooo much more and Fifa doesnt utilise them.. I mean we still have 2D steps in stadiums in 4K!!

Yeah that's all they did was port the PS3 game to frostbite
  • comet213
    2342 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pwalie86 wrote: »
    It's all just a big port. There are celebrations and stadiums from Fifa 12 still in there.

Potentially PS5 next year as they've cancelled PSX 2018. Finally we could get a true Fifa next gen title.

Next year? Really?
  • mdizzl3
    12439 posts Has That Special Something
    Graphics are adequate but don't really shine.

Lighting seems to be much better in some stadiums and time of the day.
  • ChrisW1991
    1410 posts Professional
    Playing the game in 4k HDR I reckon the graphics look really good
  • TeamExtreme17
    5137 posts Big Money Move

They said that for PS4, lol... Whats to say they wont port again? No way they will start from scratch..
  • DannyUK
    411 posts Sunday League Hero
    I don't think Fifa has had major improvements over the years, it's amazing they have got away with it to be honest by tweaking minor things like perfection shot etc.

The game is nowhere near good enough for the current consoles, as many have said it's just port. Unfortunately there isn't many developers making football games is there? Apart from PES which doesn't interest me, we're all left with Fifa which is why they don't have to work hard on the game, they know there is no competition.
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero

Next year? Really?

Not definite, but it seems to be the case.

I do worry for Fifa though because I hope they don't just port everything again. Generic stadiums already look terrible, even whilst in 4K.
  • Master110
    1097 posts Professional
    Ps5 will be a new engine with same game ported because they think this gameplay is best ever.

Offline needs foul sliders like 5 games ago. Online needs more modes and options like a lobby. Drop in go back to 11v 11 it was fun.
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    Foul sliders would be great and I'd definitely switch them up a little more with matches like Celtic v Rangers.
  • Master110
    1097 posts Professional
    Foul sliders would be great and I'd definitely switch them up a little more with matches like Celtic v Rangers.

It can be done. NHL has the foul slider. I think they added them a few years ago.

Not only that they added a foul slider for each type of foul so in football case it would be:

Handball
    standing foul
    slide foul
    offside
    pull/push
    chance of yellow 1-100
    chance of red 1-100

Its already there in the code they just need a command for each one and slider bar
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yea that would be really good, I'd enjoy tinkering with those settings.

It would change the game if it were to be done properly as you wouldn't be able to play through matches just ping ponging the ball and leaving the opposition looking silly. They'd lunge a bit and start shirt pulling or something like that and it would make games more enjoyable and dynamic.
  • Sami1999
    226 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It's funny, Road To World Cup 2006 had better lighting in some cases. One of the biggest flaw in terms of graphics in these past few FiFA games is bad lighting. Yes the lighting is okay, but it's nowhere good as PES or even some other Frostbite engine games.

Player models are horrible too. They need to fix the body proportions. Clothes on the other hand are superb and cloth physics is a lot better than PES. On PES clothes are stiff AF.

Grass texture and 3D grass is okay but the colors and brightness are horrible.

Some animations are ❤️❤️❤️❤️. LODs are still low as always.

Conclusion: They could have done better. And they should. They are a million dollar company and the game costs around 60~70$. Saying things like gameplay is important, lack of budget is not an excuse. Those are excuse for indie games, not AAA games.