How important is pace on centre packs this year?

G000ner
4883 posts National Call-Up
Pace as a whole isn't as important, but is it still beneficial to have high pace centre backs to deal with the fast attackers?

How do defenders like Pique and Bonucci compare to the likes of Kimpembe and Davinson Sanchez, for instance?

Cheers

Comments

• 04lcrost
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I don’t think so, I find height and physicality more important this year. Especially with the OP crossing
  • MaestroPirlo21
    1501 posts Play-Off Hero
    IF they don't patch it, I think slower CB's are quite useful this time around, but I would still have them partnered with another who has a bit of pace.

It is also the other attributes which I think are equally as important this year. Things like marking, reactions, tackling, and strength.

His pace is still 65, but I am using Hummels and he is great. Even with the high/medium work rates. 40k for an 89 rated CB is amazing. Even he was tough to use in years gone by.
  • boomtw3
    350 posts Sunday League Hero
    You can get away with slower cdm and cb but your fullbacks and wingers must be fast. Pace abuse is now on the wings
  • Murphdogz
    1525 posts Play-Off Hero
    Don't think it matters to be fair.Game is not realistic I've had defenders with 60 pace catching my strikers with 90 pace
  • G000ner
    4883 posts National Call-Up
    IF they don't patch it, I think slower CB's are quite useful this time around, but I would still have them partnered with another who has a bit of pace.

It is also the other attributes which I think are equally as important this year. Things like marking, reactions, tackling, and strength.

His pace is still 65, but I am using Hummels and he is great. Even with the high/medium work rates. 40k for an 89 rated CB is amazing. Even he was tough to use in years gone by.

This is alongs the lines I was thinking, I think I'll give a partnership of Bonucci/Manolas a go and see how it works

Appreciate the responses lads.
  • OZero
    6867 posts Big Money Move
    You no longer need 8x pace. At this point if time even 6X is useable. I would recommend to have one CB with pace above 75 to deal with counter.