Do you believe packs are truly random (aka for everyone the same)?

Richard
11407 posts Has That Special Something

Do you believe packs are truly random (aka for everyone the same)? 67 votes

Lol no, let the addicts spend more moneys
13%
RynoSercsJoresOkore5RandomLhama83TeaFarmerCPFC16CervezaNLDutyHarryDuncan1972 9 votes
Ofcourse, it would be sortof unethical otherwise
13%
MeanOnSundaymalagacitydopetothemaxrichiefatcakesSpudd1998Phil0501ChefProSEP1914GriezLightning 9 votes
Its EA, so no
34%
Hicksy2011JimmyVulmerlalalaAndy99TradeZPaawkyRandom JimmyDemba BadondeROABSKamilflageWilliejno1Mmikey'96dc2MikeyP_FCTimRUFCtherealmerk33SupaNoodle1990Thefranchise92MassmanGreedy_Marcohrv97 23 votes
I dont like tackling and then the ball bounces back to the opponent
17%
PrestoChubbsnumber7rockycrackers07sturges12345Cheetah ThumbsBRISTOL86JoestoeGambleWayneheathNooMcRaven 12 votes
Probably not and I dont like that
16%
TomGenever14Cadey 5BlarixShakey JakeyJackadinhoFubarRipperNoToHullTigersGhottizzachzxheefmondoBWild 11 votes
I wanna be CEO of EA
4%
CarswellMarkyc21ccooaattssyy 3 votes

Comments

• ccooaattssyy
    5790 posts Big Money Move
    I wanna be CEO of EA
    I want to be the CEO of EA.

Imagine the amount of ladies of the night, champagne, and blow you could power through.
  • Paawky
    2500 posts Fans' Favourite
    Its EA, so no
    @DarthGrowler packs Gullit twice in a month. End of debate
  • RebelRob
    4829 posts National Call-Up
    Its EA, so no
    Some newbie here packs r9 AND Eusebio.

No way it’s ‘random’.
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    Never been random. Algorithm plays huge part
  • Knowlesdinho
    9916 posts Has That Special Something
    Paawky wrote: »
    @DarthGrowler packs Gullit twice in a month. End of debate

He’s not appeared yet :disappointed:
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4121 posts National Call-Up
    No way it's random.
  • Ghotti
    2373 posts Fans' Favourite
    10x 15k packs thats say 40% of get player 82ov + you know how many i get from 10 pack 82+ overall? 000000000 :D nothing and my mate open packcs for 11k fp and manolas, eriksen, if insignie, if cech, fernandinho, oblak, if yedder ive open for 5k and nothing one 83ov horn :D thats awesome. Last time he open for 12k and mbappe few ther 1kk coins from 12k FP ive open for the same ammount and goretzka :) there is script for sure. Its not possible thats random and this percent of getting player on pack is also piece of ****.
  • Ryno
    6033 posts Big Money Move
    From a computer science perspective, there is technically no such thing as randomness. A computer cannot be random since it runs off of algorithms and those algorithms have certain rules that they follow to occur.
  • Kamilflage
    4514 posts National Call-Up
    Its EA, so no
    Algorithm based on spending habits and gameplay abilities
  • Milner
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    People expect equal luck, which is dumb.
  • GL
    5899 posts Big Money Move
    Newer founded clubs get more “luck” than older founders
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    edited September 2018
    Its EA, so no
    Me and @WFCBagnall know someone who has the most ridiculous pack luck, every time he opens he gets something decent.

Imo it’s account based, which is why it seems like some people get all the luck.
  • WFCBagnall
    68644 posts Moderator
    Me and @WFCBagnall know someone who has the most ridiculous pack luck, every time he opens he gets something decent.

Imo it’s account based, which is why it seems like some people get all the luck.

He's a Fut founder too.
  • Skittles67
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Its EA, so no
    No chance, certain people just have better packs and they get it every year
  • thfchayden
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    No chance that it is random. I've never packed a 90+ player in 5 years of playing FIFA.
  • CPFC16
    2067 posts Fans' Favourite
    No way is it random. I always seem to get better players in packs if I don’t play for a couple weeks or month, then sign in and open a couple packs or do an SBC. It’s as if they’re trying to entice me to get back playing. Probably sounds ridiculous but it seems to be the case with me
  • SEP1914
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Ofcourse, it would be sortof unethical otherwise
    Of course it is random, people dont understand probabilities and keep whining about pack luck
  • Richard
    11407 posts Has That Special Something
    SEP1914 wrote: »
    Of course it is random, people dont understand probabilities and keep whining about pack luck

Edgy.
  • Joestoe
    4235 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2018
    SEP1914 wrote: »

Don't agree. Packs aren't truly random. Not even close. If you calculate the odds of packing the same non rare 76 rated guy in 3 times in 5 packs, you'd come to the conclusion that it's next to impossible with the amount of non rare 76 rated cards in the game. Yet you see it happen in almost every pack opening.

I opened 24k of FP and decided to keep count of the amount of 84+'es. For 24k FP you can get 180 packs. The odds of a 84 rated card or higher are 4,7% if I'm correct. So with 180 packs, you should get about 8 (give or take). I got 2. Now of course, there are some people who get those 8 84's, but I dare to place a bet that there are far more who receive less 84's than the odds give you.

Now, I'm not crying as I'm well aware of the risks when you spend money on this game. But I don't believe the odds in the slightest.

And I hate the fact you make a clean tackle and the ball bounces straight back to your opponent. It happens 80 times out of 100. That new "50/50" system might need a little look into it. But that's another topic of course.
  • Sercs
    18475 posts World Class
    I think new accounts perhaps have different multipliers than old accounts. I still think any account is crazy lucky to pack an icon or ronaldo etc

Prob like 1.1 chance on new rather than 1 chance on old