This needs a patch

jimmygesus
20 posts Last Pick at the Park
99% of shots get blocked, first touch is terrible, sick of shooting with the side of my foot when not using R1+O. went from averaging 2-3 goals a game in squad battles against legendary AI, to barely able to score 1 goal on WC against a 75 overall team. and most my goals come from corners and crosses, because EVERY SHOT GETS BLOCKED.

this constant pressure isn't new, but at least in previous fifas you could pass and had better ball control / dribbling.

fix this crap.

Comments

• Patrickrea6
    68 posts Park Captain
    Gotta get better kid my shots get off in time and rarely ever get blocked and all the kids that are saying that the people that like fifa 19 are the ones who cross the ball all game not the case for me i use a 4-1-2-1-2 narrow and build up in the midfield you should give it a try
  • jimmygesus
    20 posts Last Pick at the Park
    i use that formation as well, i don't cross all game. i average 20+ shots a game and 14-15 of them get blocked, the other 4-5 hit the cross bar. been playing for 3 days now so i have a good opinion on what's going. if you actually don't have a problem with blocked s hots, thats complete BS and you're being a fan boy. A LOT of people are seeing this issue as well. you must be new to FIFA.
  • Tzatziki78
    90 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Gotta get better kid my shots get off in time and rarely ever get blocked and all the kids that are saying that the people that like fifa 19 are the ones who cross the ball all game not the case for me i use a 4-1-2-1-2 narrow and build up in the midfield you should give it a try

Oh my lord you "better get better kid" people are the worst
  • BSDShoes
    3210 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2018
    Practice more on the possession game, this version isn't run forward with the ball like previous. Start passing backwards as your forwards moves up, and pass to shoot when you see an opening.
  • blue166
    1035 posts Professional
    edited September 2018
    The whole game doesn't need patched at all.

Some silly things need fixed like referees wearing red when playing against Liverpool in there home kit. That needs fixed.

Passing/running doesn't need touched. There should be error to passing. Running is fine. I have been getting away from people with Hazzard, Willian, and Pedro. Yeah all quick players. So pace works BUT usually when you make space to run into.

Shooting does need tweaking.

People are so knee jerky. Every year people want a new fresh game then right away they complain like they still want the previous game.

This game has real potential with small tweaks here and there. People really need to try different methods in order to win.

Though I must remind myself that the forum is mostly used for complaints and issues. Which people are entitled to by all means. But we must all remember that lots more people are playing the game and getting on with it.
  • Eddie
    780 posts Semi-Pro
    Patch doesn’t mean a re-vamp to the entire gameplay engine. The can patch glitches and bugs without a negative effect.
  • djeaze45
    64 posts Park Captain
    The shooting on the game is horrible needs work thats all i need.
  • blue166
    1035 posts Professional
    djeaze45 wrote: »
    The shooting on the game is horrible needs work thats all i need.

The shooting I agree with.

But other than that I would like EA not to go crazy and do what they did with FIFA 18 and that's change the whole feel of gameplay within a month. I would be very disappointed if they done that.
  • Please fix the shooting.

Also the dribbling isn’t the greatest. I understand sometimes there’s errors on touches but way too many happpen. Either I control the ball too slow and get it intercepted when I do sprint. Or my sprinting isn’t in even intervals so one sprint the ball is close to me but the next touch is far in front of me and I lose the ball. If anything these mistakes are made when using the right joy stick not by sprinting. This causes the game to be way too sloppy. I have won most of my games, but only because I know how to react quickly and score. Most of my goals or any goal for that fact is a result of a blocked shot or a fortunate bounce. All in all this game has great potential just need some smoothing.
  • When will someone from EA take accountability for the bug where you cannot create or edit a players position to centre midfield (has to be CDM or CAM) or right wing or left wing (has to be RF or LF). Such a minor thing easily rectified by a patch but casually ignored for about 5 years.

Also, why can't we select multiple positions as most players on the game have them.
  • hooligan87
    313 posts Sunday League Hero
    The game made a little more difficult, a little bit reduced the help of the computer when fired-and you immediately cried! Learn to play! Play pass! Pick up the moment to shoot! You are used to that you in Fifa 18 easily score goals from outside the penalty area! The game has become like real football!
  • jertt
    75 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    jimmygesus wrote: »
    99% of shots get blocked, first touch is terrible, sick of shooting with the side of my foot when not using R1+O. went from averaging 2-3 goals a game in squad battles against legendary AI, to barely able to score 1 goal on WC against a 75 overall team. and most my goals come from corners and crosses, because EVERY SHOT GETS BLOCKED.

this constant pressure isn't new, but at least in previous fifas you could pass and had better ball control / dribbling.

fix this crap.

I found changing the game camera improved my game. I was playing on dynamic it looks better on screen it up close, but it hard to break through.

I switched to classic now win a lot.