Who is having fun playing Fifa 19?

MarkusG
379 posts Sunday League Hero
I know I am!

Fifa 18 was the worst Fifa I have ever endured but I am really liking Fifa 19.

It actually feels rewarding to score in this game after working the ball around in midfield looking for openings instead of just running past everybody with my pacey wingers.

The game definitely isn't perfect but finally we have a game where you actually have to try and play football instead of being able to do less than 3 passes from defence to attack and then score with the impossible to save low driven shot.

If EA sort out the overhead kicks and OP headers, I think this year will be a great Fifa experience.

Comments

• Milanista28
    1116 posts Professional
    Hopefully it's patched soon
  • Andybelfast
    10935 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2018
    MarkusG wrote: »

If EA sort out the overhead kicks and OP headers, I think this year will be a great Fifa experience.

Shooting.
    Passing.
    Auto switching.
    50/50's.
    Button delay.
    Interceptions.
  • MarkusG

Shooting.
    Passing.
    Auto switching.
    50/50's.
    Button delay.
    Interceptions.

Other than that stupid side foot shot I don't think shooting needs touching, especially if it results in that low driven ****.

What's wrong with the passing? It's not so assisted anymore so that's great.

The others you listed I've not really experienced yet so can't really comment other than 50/50's which isn't bugging me all that much to be honest.
  • Andybelfast
    10935 posts Has That Special Something

Shooting.
    Passing.
    Auto switching.
    50/50's.
    Button delay.
    Interceptions.

Other than that stupid side foot shot I don't think shooting needs touching, especially if it results in that low driven ****.

What's wrong with the passing? It's not so assisted anymore so that's great.

The others you listed I've not really experienced yet so can't really comment other than 50/50's which isn't bugging me all that much to be honest.

The shooting is so inconsistent.

Passing is dreadful the weight of the passing vary each game no consistency with this again.

50/50 isn't 50/50 more like 90/10 in favour of attacker, no matter how many tackles you put in the "50/50" magically ends up with the attacker.

And yeah on that point tackling is also a mess
  • Campino
    26788 posts Player of the Year
    I’ve not played since rewards even with a day off

I can’t put myself through even opening up
    The game it’s that bad
  • Scutch
    10272 posts Has That Special Something
    @MarkusG packing both Eusabio 93 and Ronaldo 94 would certainly add to the enjoyment! ;) :joy:
  • MarkusG
    Scutch wrote: »
    @MarkusG packing both Eusabio 93 and Ronaldo 94 would certainly add to the enjoyment! ;) :joy:

Hahaha well this is true.

I can't deny my pack luck this Fifa so far has been nothing short of incredible!
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    Me
  • Love it.

Side foot shooting thing needs to be sorted though I agree
  • Couchy
    9395 posts League Winner
    Love it.

Side foot shooting thing needs to be sorted though I agree

Yep. This is the only thing that needs adjusting and just slightly tone down the ai defending but do not touch pace or passing!
  • Skorpio71
    361 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2018
    It's a lot better. Played over 50 games so far and have not felt like a game was not winnable. Problem with 18 was you would have a game where everything fell into place then the next your team couldn't string 2 passes together.

Minuses to me are the 45 and 90 minute goals. Also missing open goals then having Pique score a flying over head kick and someone like Bakayoko scoring 30 yard screamers with shooting stats below 50. How can Giroud put headers nearer the corner flag. Shooting needs shooting. Also the auto switching can be frustrating
  • TTAZ
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    My only complaints are the OP headers and high pressure also seems somewhat OP. Other than that so far it's a good gme
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17183 posts World Class
    Not really
  • Jackadinho
    1106 posts Professional
    edited September 2018
    My only complaints are the tackling/rebounding system and over powered AI defending. Except for that most enjoyable FIFA since 13 for me
  • Moiizer
    5856 posts Big Money Move
    Enjoying it a lot more than i have the past 2 fifas thats for sure. Couple tweaks needed to that side foot thing and ai interceptions and i be happy.
  • thfchayden
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Switching players on defense and OP headers are the only issues as of right now imo.
  • TacoDaPug
    522 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I wouldn’t touch a thing. It’s finally an almost perfect game.
  • Daytona73
    43 posts Park Captain
    It's rubbish
  • Recardo
    9097 posts League Winner
    ive only watched streams.

the game itself looks awesome, lots to do now. but the actual match gameplay looks really boring. slow awkward player movements. very strange shooting with the side foot. fast players seem to get caught up even with huge head starts.

my main issue is the cost of the game. its a £20 game at most.

what happened to the days of getting fifa from sainsburys on release day for £20. :(

• AlexSolm
    8153 posts League Winner
    Besides all the known issues it also feels very repetitive
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Recardo wrote: »
    what happened to the days of getting fifa from sainsburys on release day for £20. :(

Preach brother! Like the old web app or the old forums, new isn’t always better!
  • JayBomb
    255 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2018
    Not sure how you find “working for your goals” rewarding when your opponent constantly scores ridiculous rebounds and corner bicycle kicks. There’s no skill in that. Every game is about who can exploit it the most.

This game truly is woeful. Right now I’m just trading on it. I don’t even wanna play a game because it’s unplayable. The corner thing is by far the worst thing in it. Next to that “Timed Finishing” garbage. I want my driven shots back.
  • Colvan813
    303 posts Sunday League Hero
    a few small tweeks needed here and there but all in all i love the game this year
  • Kieren1888
    1692 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just another unfinished game.
  • LFC Simon 98
    16199 posts World Class
    Me