Why AI on Legendary EA?

xinj
133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited September 2018
We dont need all this hand holding you bring into the game by both online users having their team set up to be on Legendary difficulty, or is it on Ultimate for both?!?

I dont need my fullback or centerback to break out of the back 4 to step in front of a striker and intercept before the ball reaches his feet, without me doing any inputs what so ever, i wanna do it myself, i wanna master it, i wanna be punished for not defending well and then learn from mistakes

Give us World Class or Professional difficulty when facing others online

Right now EVERY game feels the same because the AI has so much control,

if you are not good at letting the AI defend for you, it still intercept 70% throughout a game
the better you are at letting/ making the AI defend for you the higher the percentage of interceptions

its all you need to patch before anything else
Post edited by xinj on

Comments

• Workhorse25
    305 posts Sunday League Hero
    If they patched this it would make the game so much better. Defending really is too easy, far too assisted, you’re exactly right.

Now prepare yourself for all the usual insults.
  • I'd agree, except all online games I play are goal fests. If they made the defending worse, games would be like 12-15 or something stupid.

End of the day, if the attacking is responsive and fun, I doubt it is possible for a user-controlled D to keep up. That might just be the reality.

So you can have a majorly nerfed attacked & less AI D, or you can have the current attack, but AI D. Pick one.
  • xinj
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2018
    I'd agree, except all online games I play are goal fests. If they made the defending worse, games would be like 12-15 or something stupid.

End of the day, if the attacking is responsive and fun, I doubt it is possible for a user-controlled D to keep up. That might just be the reality.

So you can have a majorly nerfed attacked & less AI D, or you can have the current attack, but AI D. Pick one.

Dude, there wouldnt be more goals since World Class and Professional difficulty gets nerfed, as you say yourself, in attack and defense

and there has been fun and responsive attacking in some previous fifa's, and it wasnt a problem to defend it
  • Workhorse25
    305 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'd agree, except all online games I play are goal fests. If they made the defending worse, games would be like 12-15 or something stupid.

I would hope they leaned in favour of the attacker, like officials often try to do in dubious offside scenarios. Promote creativity and quality attacking football over easy AI defending. Emphasise the most fun part of the game at the small expense of a very heavy AI assisted defence.

I think the OP nailed the biggest problems with this game quite well.

It doesn’t have to be patched into a whole new game, just better balanced. Not everything is black and white. If people are enjoying the game now a patch won’t necesaarily mean the game is rubbish all of a sudden. Some of the angry reactions on here tonight have been massively over the top.
  • gb1986
    55 posts Park Captain
    Played a few games with a friend last night. The past few FIFAs I’ve thought there has been an issue with passes finding their way past or through your players when you’ve cut the passing lane out. This year it seems those passes won’t make it through anymore, which is a good thing in my mind because last year it bordered on ridiculous some of the passes that made it through.

My friend couldn’t get into scoring positions like he used to, but I was able to get passes through without a problem.

Maybe they could tone down the radius a little bit. But I actually think it’s better now. The issue in my mind isn’t the interceptions, it’s that passing previously was too easy.

I do think the contain button should go though. Team mate contain is fine.

Worse thing for me on 19 is the delay and the rebounds which don’t feel random at all.